Bort

Seeing personnel when they're behind something?

I've seen youtubes where personnel can be seen when they would otherwise be hidden because they're behind something where they can be seen because they're a bright green color. An example is starts at 2:59 and goes through around 3:12 in this video where the fire fighter is behind the containers:

Is that a feature of the Deluxe version? A mod? a config edit? My game doesn't do that and I would like it to. 
I don't have the deluxe version, just plain ole em4. 

5 hours ago, Bort said:

I've seen youtubes where personnel can be seen when they would otherwise be hidden because they're behind something where they can be seen because they're a bright green color. An example is starts at 2:59 and goes through around 3:12 in this video where the fire fighter is behind the containers:

Is that a feature of the Deluxe version? A mod? a config edit? My game doesn't do that and I would like it to. 
I don't have the deluxe version, just plain ole em4. 

I think it might be a deluxe version only thing.

18 hours ago, The Loot said:

It's an option in the em4.cfg file, "e4_doocclusion", I think. Change that to value to "1" and that should happen.

👍

Thanks! I'll give it a try!

I've been trying to find it in the config by turning things on that are off. I thought that might be it but I didn't get to testing that one yet. I'll try it and post the results!

Is there an explanation of what all the settings in the config file are and do somewhere? 

7 minutes ago, Bort said:

👍

Thanks! I'll give it a try!

I've been trying to find it in the config by turning things on that are off. I thought that might be it but I didn't get to testing that one yet. I'll try it and post the results!

Is there an explanation of what all the settings in the config file are and do somewhere? 

Most of the stuff in the config are just more in depth versions of the options such as shadows and stuff, but it also contains stuff like screen resolution and how far the camera can go in and out.