PJJW

Steam Version Question!

You can download your mods from the "Downloads" tab on this forum and place these mods (usually .RAR files) on your computer in any map you wish. 

Once installed the EM5/EM2016 game, there are two ways to have your mod installed: 

1)  When starting up the game, there will be a Modification menu visible. Through this menu you can select the MOD file from your selected computer map by clicking "ADD FILE". You do NOT have to unpack the .RAR file in order to have it installed. When selecting the file,  just click "OK" inside the Modifications menu and wait a couple of seconds... all done! The name of the Mod will be visible in the Modifications menu.

2)  Also, you could simply move the .RAR file from your selected computer map to the modifications area of the modifications tab from your Emergency 5 or Emergency 2016 launcher. No additional installation required.

Be advised however: In order to have your mod activated and working make sure that the square next to the installed mod is highlighted.

Cheers!!

Robert.

6 hours ago, PJJW said:

SO im looking into buying this on Steam!

Can someone explain how getting MODs then works???

For emergency 4, if you download a mod and it comes in a .e4mod folder, use the mod installer found in the games main directory root file, if the download comes in a file  that when opened contains many other files (usually named something like "audio, models, prototypes, ect.") just copy and paste that directly into your mods folder in the game's root file, if that folder does not exist, create it and name the folder "mods"

NOTE: your EM4/911 first responders root folder is the folder that contains "em4.exe" but will probably be shown as "em4"

Hope this helped, if you have anymore questions just ask. (:

I'm guessing it's because your laptop only has the CPU's graphics coprocessor - which sure as hell won't run GTA IV, in case you haven't already gotten an answer on that  My GTX 980 sometimes even has problems with it, but not often. As for EM4, some mods I know you'll have problems with, but the stock game and LA mod might work - I'll leave that up for the EM4 pros to answer

19 hours ago, PJJW said:

Display!

System!

Here are the spec i found!

Hmmm, not to sure about those specs, you will more than likely run the stock game and the LA mod, probably some of the other small mods based off the LA mod, BUT, there are going to be quite a few mods that will run poorly or not at all, if you want to play bigger mods such as manhattan 1-3, I would not recommend it, but if you are ok with smaller mods like LA, mayberry, ect. you can probably get the game and have a lot of fun!

I would recommend this game to you, but be aware, there will be some mods you can't play.