Corsair

Interior Lighting

Hello,

My name is Corsair and I need help in adding Interior lighting. I saw this button on the LA Mod 3.0 Chevy Impala and I wanted to know how to add make lights only work for this function. I think it helpful and I really want to try it out. Any suggestions are welcomed. Please help

Interior lighting on what? Cars, houses, people? I'm kinda hoping you want the latter. I have always wondered what my firefighters look like inside. 

If you're talking a button to activate only certain lights, that can be done with a script that triggers traffic lights. 

What you're asking seems kinda muddled and I don't quite understand

Interior lighting on what? Cars, houses, people? I'm kinda hoping you want the latter. I have always wondered what my firefighters look like inside. 

If you're talking a button to activate only certain lights, that can be done with a script that triggers traffic lights. 

What you're asking seems kinda muddled and I don't quite understand

I think he means interior emergency lighting, kinda like an Inner Edge, or a Dashmiser.

72hY6SF.png

Ogynh6H.png

A good example would be the lights on these UMPC's.

Hello,

My name is Corsair and I need help in adding Interior lighting. I saw this button on the LA Mod 3.0 Chevy Impala and I wanted to know how to add make lights only work for this function. I think it helpful and I really want to try it out. Any suggestions are welcomed. Please help

If this isn't what you are referring to, then I do not know what interior lighting could mean. And btw, isn't that mod considered contraband due to content disputes?

Talking about it is fine. Sharing it is not. Either way,that's not the point. 

If you mean interior lights like the ones itchboy showed, then to set those, a certain script available on the German forums allows users to put a command that activates a traffic light (red) I think on that particular prototype, so you just place the types of lights you want as traffic light red instead of bluelight. 

If you mean how to physically set them up, I find the best method is to place the corona behind the edge of the model as close as possible to it, and build a poly on top of it the shape of the light. Make the corona slightly smaller than the actual light for best effect

Talking about it is fine. Sharing it is not. Either way,that's not the point. 

If you mean interior lights like the ones itchboy showed, then to set those, a certain script available on the German forums allows users to put a command that activates a traffic light (red) I think on that particular prototype, so you just place the types of lights you want as traffic light red instead of bluelight. 

If you mean how to physically set them up, I find the best method is to place the corona behind the edge of the model as close as possible to it, and build a poly on top of it the shape of the light. Make the corona slightly smaller than the actual light for best effect

In fact, the 2nd pic I showed makes use of the TLR_Green light to make those front takedown lights. The rear lights are special lights which are used as the directional lights.

So that's the EXACT same function the two of us are describing, just a different use for it. Itch uses it for takedown lights, I use it in my mod for standby lights. What you do is look at the script in question, see what type of light it uses, usually a traffic light, and then make your light that type of light, and its enabled.

I think its red "v.EnableTrafficLight(TLT_NONE);

v.RemoveCommand(DUMMY_HASINTERIORLIGHT);
} else 
{
v.EnableTrafficLight(TLT_RED);
v.AssignCommand(DUMMY_HASINTERIORLIGHT);"

But correct me if I am wrong

const char ICON[] = "LightOn";

const char DUMMY_HASINTERIORLIGHT[] = "DUMMYINTERIORLIGHT";

object InteriorLight : CommandScript
{
InteriorLight()
  {
  SetIcon(ICON);
  SetCursor(ICON);
  SetRestrictions(RESTRICT_SELFEXECUTE);
  }

bool CheckPossible(GameObject *Caller)
  {
if (!Caller->IsValid())
  return false;

if (Caller->GetType() == ACTOR_VEHICLE)
  {
  return true;
  }

return false;
  }

bool CheckTarget(GameObject *Caller, Actor *Target, int childID)
  {
if (!Caller->IsValid() || !Target->IsValid() || Target->GetID() != Caller->GetID())
  return false;

if (Caller->GetType() == ACTOR_VEHICLE)
  {
  return true;
  }

return true;
  }

void PushActions(GameObject *Caller, Actor *Target, int childID)
  {
Vehicle v(Caller);
if (v.HasCommand(DUMMY_HASINTERIORLIGHT))
{
v.EnableTrafficLight(TLT_NONE);
v.RemoveCommand(DUMMY_HASINTERIORLIGHT);
} else 
{
v.EnableTrafficLight(TLT_RED);
v.AssignCommand(DUMMY_HASINTERIORLIGHT);
  }
  }
 };

object DUMMYINTERIORLIGHT : CommandScript
 {
  DUMMYINTERIORLIGHT()
  {
  SetGroupID(20);
  }

bool CheckGroupVisibility(GameObject *Caller)
  {
  return false;
  }

bool CheckPossible(GameObject *Caller)
  {
  return false;
  }

bool CheckTarget(GameObject *Caller, Actor *Target, int childID)
  {
  return false;
  }

void PushActions(GameObject *Caller, Actor *Target, int childID)
  {

Hello again,

I have encountered another problem with my private mod, when I place a traffic cone it shows a white box saying missing model file. So I tried everything from replacing some files to deleting some files and putting other ones. The only thing I remember that could have maybe done this was accidentally deleting a file without knowing how important it was. I still have the normal traffic cone file with the prototype and model but it still doesn't work. Heres a picture of what I mean:

post-59078-0-89122100-1441156825_thumb.p

Yeah I checked the cone. I found out the cone was not the one I was looking at. It was a cone in Vehicle/06 Object/ Traffic cone and I was looking in Models/Objects/ LA Equipment and that's where the cone appeared but the scrip told me the model was in Model/ Vehicle but I would have never looked there since the cone isn't a vehicle. Anyways, I copied a working script from another mod and it worked. Thanks for everything!