Pottyscotty

Two types of Medical Bags?

Is it possible to have two different medical bags, one for Paramedics and one for Firefighters? 

Just to clarify, by different I mean two different Models/Prototype.

In the LAGetEMTBag script there is a line that says:

if (p.GetEquipment()==EQUIP_EMERGENCY_CASE || p.IsCarryingPerson()||p.IsLinkedWithPerson()|| p.GetFirehoseID()!=0 || p.IsPulling())

The fact that it is not a custom piece of equipment and has already been labeled as "EMERGENCY_CASE" leads me to believe it's hard coded and I won't be able to create a second one but I would like to know if this is true before I discard the idea.

Is it possible to have two different medical bags, one for Paramedics and one for Firefighters? 

Just to clarify, by different I mean two different Models/Prototype.

In the LAGetEMTBag script there is a line that says:

if (p.GetEquipment()==EQUIP_EMERGENCY_CASE || p.IsCarryingPerson()||p.IsLinkedWithPerson()|| p.GetFirehoseID()!=0 || p.IsPulling())

The fact that it is not a custom piece of equipment and has already been labeled as "EMERGENCY_CASE" leads me to believe it's hard coded and I won't be able to create a second one but I would like to know if this is true before I discard the idea.

Sorry. Its hardcoded. Em4 has a specific set of equipment that cannot be added or removed. If only someone could get into the source code and change all of that.

Sorry. Its hardcoded. Em4 has a specific set of equipment that cannot be added or removed. If only someone could get into the source code and change all of that.

That's a shame, thanks for your help though. Would be nice to have access to the source!

Would it not work if you gave the firefighters the stabilise command which meant they didn't use the standard EMT bag? Then have a separate get equipment command to grab their bag which would just be as an extra bit of equipment, rather than being the EMT bag.

I'm not a scripter so it might be complete rubbish, hopefully what I said makes some sort of sense!

Would it not work if you gave the firefighters the stabilise command which meant they didn't use the standard EMT bag? Then have a separate get equipment command to grab their bag which would just be as an extra bit of equipment, rather than being the EMT bag.

This could work actually, not sure how I would get around it though because you would still have to make an extra bit of equipment for the game.

You could also re-write the command to see who is getting the bag. If the prototype of the person getting the bag is a FF, then have them grab the appropriate bag (as above, see the get Traffic Cones command on how to do that).

You could also re-write the command to see who is getting the bag. If the prototype of the person getting the bag is a FF, then have them grab the appropriate bag (as above, see the get Traffic Cones command on how to do that).

It does cause some animation isses that the person doesnt "walk" or "run" as if he or she is carrying something. Its a trade-off because the game doesnt change animations for the PutObjectInRightHand() function. You'll have to create 3 versions of the bag, one for idle position, one for running, and one for healing. You would then need to modify the MoveTo script to change the idle or healing model into the running model.

You need 3 versions because the medic bag would need to have a different set of axis for different animations. See my Montana mod taser script, and the LA Mod MP5/M4a1 scripts. Note that there are 2 model variants for each gun.

I'm not a scripter so it might be complete rubbish, hopefully what I said makes some sort of sense!

It's possible, using the stabilize command is used in a few American mods for BLS ambulances and Fire fighters whilst paramedics such as "ALS" and Air ambulance carry the EMT bag