Ace612

Model Convertion Error

I think you can only have one object in the model. Join body, undbody, glasse etc up together and call the final object the name you want to export as.

Yup, I believe that was the issue. Missing something basic, as I said

Thanks for the help

Using this chance, I'd also like to ask what may be the reason of textures appearing "inside out" after converting the model into v3o (both in-game and re-importing into ZM)

UPD: This is what I mean by "inside out"

qXM12gu.png

Managed to fix the issue. If anyone faces the same problem - use Modify/Flip tool in ZM. Model may appear "inside out" in the ZM after that, but will look ok in the editor/game

UPD: And one more, most likely final question. How to fix model being to close to the ground? Like, touching it, with wheels sinking into the ground? Just moving the model up in ZM doesn't work.

Issue#1 Merge the objects that are supposed to be part of the body, most vehicles have doors, though in your case the model won't support that without modification.  You can in fact export multiple objects at once, but that is done under a special option and not generally required by most modders.

Issue#2 it's inside out because the model was built in a program with different axial setup compared to zmod.  Flipping it actually tends to mirror the thing, so the right side is the left and the left side is the right, problem there is pretty obvious if the vehicle has differing sides.  Instead it's Display>Local Axes>Reset to Parent/Reset to World, then recalculate the normals, that usually resolves that problem.

Issue#3 has two causes.. One when you merge objects in zmod the axis location is "split" in the difference from the parts, meaning for example part1 is at the far extreme of the front bumper, and that is attached to the body which has the axis at the center of the body, the axis will then be moved to the middle-ground of those two parts being merged.  End result, the pivot axis isnt where it is supposed to be anymore.

When you mouse over the solid object in object mode, you will see large dot with arrows of varying colors coming out of the model, wherever that point is, is where the axis location of the model is for that object.  Simply moving the object in object mode will not resolve this, as the pivot will move with the object when moved in obj mode.. Instead you want to get that pivot centered to the axis of zmod (where X and Y intersect when zoomed out its the thicker + line created where they intersect).  Move the object around until the dot is centered to the middle of the viewport axis location, then once that is done in vertice mode move the model so that it's location is above the horizontal plane line at about the height where the car's ride height should be.   This will allow the model to "float" at that point in space instead of being sunken into the ground.  Make sure physics are enabled on the prototype as I believe it's custom setting and it should no longer sink into the ground.

Issue#1 Merge the objects that are supposed to be part of the body, most vehicles have doors, though in your case the model won't support that without modification.  You can in fact export multiple objects at once, but that is done under a special option and not generally required by most modders.

Issue#2 it's inside out because the model was built in a program with different axial setup compared to zmod.  Flipping it actually tends to mirror the thing, so the right side is the left and the left side is the right, problem there is pretty obvious if the vehicle has differing sides.  Instead it's Display>Local Axes>Reset to Parent/Reset to World, then recalculate the normals, that usually resolves that problem.

Issue#3 has two causes.. One when you merge objects in zmod the axis location is "split" in the difference from the parts, meaning for example part1 is at the far extreme of the front bumper, and that is attached to the body which has the axis at the center of the body, the axis will then be moved to the middle-ground of those two parts being merged.  End result, the pivot axis isnt where it is supposed to be anymore.

When you mouse over the solid object in object mode, you will see large dot with arrows of varying colors coming out of the model, wherever that point is, is where the axis location of the model is for that object.  Simply moving the object in object mode will not resolve this, as the pivot will move with the object when moved in obj mode.. Instead you want to get that pivot centered to the axis of zmod (where X and Y intersect when zoomed out its the thicker + line created where they intersect).  Move the object around until the dot is centered to the middle of the viewport axis location, then once that is done in vertice mode move the model so that it's location is above the horizontal plane line at about the height where the car's ride height should be.   This will allow the model to "float" at that point in space instead of being sunken into the ground.  Make sure physics are enabled on the prototype as I believe it's custom setting and it should no longer sink into the ground.

Thanks for the help. I'll convert anything I see now to Emergency :D

i8J6gXD.png

GDwlIKx.png

Scaling demonstration vehicles by itchboy (Chevroletes) and LA Mod (Truck)

Awesome, where did u get the model btw?

The bridge and the GMC are from "4x4 Evo 2", a 2001(?) offroad racing game, and the trailer is from the 18 WoS (trucking sim). Probably gonna convert more trailers and some semis for Blackwood from there.

Sent from my HUAWEI Y600-U20 using Tapatalk

Make sure that you include in the credits wherever you got the sources from if you did not make them, it's only fair to note you've converted them just like Itchboy did.

Make sure that you include in the credits wherever you got the sources from if you did not make them, it's only fair to note you've converted them just like Itchboy did.

Yeah. He should really credit the game company responsible for making the originals. Though I could immediately tell it was from 18Wos due to the apparent high poly nature of the trailer.

Nice job on the trailer looks great, would you make a pack of US trailers for people to use?

I would have done this, but alas, people hate me now so they're no longer worthy of my content. /s

Srsly though, if people would respect mod author's wishes and credit properly (and it goes without saying not stealing models) 90% of the site's problems would go away.

Well, these screens were a "sneak peek", I was going to credit the models when I'd showcase them, but well:
Trailer by SCS Software (18 Wheels of Steel)
Bridge and GMC Yukon XL by Terminal Reality (4x4 Evo 2)

About the trailers - yes, I am aiming to convert a bunch of them, along with some semis. I don't know if I'll release them publicly or will send them upon request to trustworthy people

Well, these screens were a "sneak peek", I was going to credit the models when I'd showcase them, but well:

About the trailers - yes, I am aiming to convert a bunch of them, along with some semis. I don't know if I'll release them publicly or will send them upon request to trustworthy people

I suggest sending it to trustworthy people to improve and bugfix em. Then do a public giveaway if you want.

I figured you would include them with the final product, but just in case you were unaware to do so I figured I'd let ya know. I recognized both projects, I too played the 18wos games and the other vehicle was converted to other games I've played myself (though better suited to em4 than them), even still remember to credit yourself for doing the conversion work as well within the documentation if you release them.  They may have been responsible for the original content, but you did take the time to convert em.