LAD23DER

Road Size

It depends on your car widths. If you're using the standard models in the game as a base, your roads will be roughly 3/4 the size as if you used larger vehicles, such as NNICO's crown victoria. 

For the record, the standard game's map floors have a road that's about 134 pixels wide, which is something like 2.5 inches

It depends on your car widths. If you're using the standard models in the game as a base, your roads will be roughly 3/4 the size as if you used larger vehicles, such as NNICO's crown victoria. 

For the record, the standard game's map floors have a road that's about 134 pixels wide, which is something like 2.5 inches

So that 2.5 inches would work well if I was using something like Itchboy's cars?

Thank You!

My vehicles are scaled to Nnico's CVPI, so I'd go with at least 3 inches.

The roads would be a tighter squeeze. You could just put one of his cars on an original map, and see what it's like in the lane. If you're comfortable enough with that, then you're set. 

Awesome, Thanks guys!

The roads would be a tighter squeeze. You could just put one of his cars on an original map, and see what it's like in the lane. If you're comfortable enough with that, then you're set. 

Also, when creating a texture, is there a certain way to know where buildings will be or is it just guess and check?

In other words, when I am creating a texture, how do I know, while in Ps where to put parking spaces around a fire station, for example?

Thank You!

Like measurements for units? If so, It depends on the size of the units in your mod, some mods have larger units. 

I only measure the vehicles, not pedestrians. My single roads are 50 pixels to fit a vehicle AND lines, and a full two lane road is a little under 100 pixels. My four lanes are about 200, maybe more to fit road lines. 

The picture that says car is 40 Pixels 

NztLlAj.png

Hopefully this is what you meant

From another thread.

Your second question, it's mainly guessing and how you would like it designed. For example, if you're trying to make an asphalt outline for a building, make it, import it, test to see if the building fits then go back and scale it until it fits how you want it. 

From another thread.

Your second question, it's mainly guessing and how you would like it designed. For example, if you're trying to make an asphalt outline for a building, make it, import it, test to see if the building fits then go back and scale it until it fits how you want it. 

Thank You!

One more thing if you don't mind; Is there any technique you have for making the curved sections of roads?

Thanks

I use CS5 Photoshop and import the texture into the stamp tool, size a circle to the road size then do it by hand. It only takes a few tries. Just make sure the turns aren't too inward and you're fine.