Alex Neumeister

Ladder 49 Mod(Baltimore City Fire Dept.)

Sounds an awful like you want someone else to build this for you. What will you contribute to the modding process, because if you think someone will just build you a mod you're wrong.

http://forum.emergency-planet.com/topic/20295-youre-starting-a-mod-read-this-first/

Not even close to what you think, i'm just not the greatest at the lighting and some scripting

Not even close to what you think, i'm just not the greatest at the lighting and some scripting

The point here is that if you want to at least generate interest, you should show what you have created so far. If you have nothing, then nobody is willing to start from the ground up with you or for you.

You need to at least show what abilities you have in Em4 and what content have you been able to generate. That way the community can at least judge if your project is worth spending the time, effort and labor in assisting in.

More importantly, a lot of the younger less mature members (esp. those with no skills whatsoever) of the site will PM you offering help, but will stab you in the back and steal whatever content you give them.

Em4 mods are a long drawn out process that takes a lot of effort and time. How can anyone be willing to put time for you if you won't put time in yourself?

I looked up on how to make important posts a little more visible. 

1. Post in the correct forum they're related to

2. Pin it

3. Announce it's important. 

Yet still, some people see nothing. 

http://forum.emergency-planet.com/topic/20295-youre-starting-a-mod-read-this-first/

When the OP has some actual product to release, or something more than "I can edit lights, and some scripting, which generally means change Water_Tender in Hoppah's Station Script to Pumper when following tutorials" then I'll look at reopening this topic. 

For the time being though, I'm closing it