Newfoundking

Updated Terms of Service

16.Permissions/Credit Requirements for use of other author's content

Under the new section in the terms of service, we have added specific rules regarding content use, and more importantly, descriptions to prevent confusion in the future. If you have any questions, please post them here. If you do not agree with this new section, please contact a staff member directly, and we'll remove your account with this site. As a requirement, all members must view and reaffirm their agreement to the Terms of Service. 

Thank You,

NFK

16.Permissions/Credit Requirements for use of other author's content

Emergency-Planet reserves the right to act on the behalf of the original creators of content regarding issues such as copyright protections, compliance with terms of usage of their content, compliance with credit requirements under the terms of usage specified by the authors, and any other pertaining issues that may arise related to original content within our site. Should issues be brought to our attention of non-compliance with the creator's terms of usage we will act accordingly to attempt to resolve the situation as the author requests, we reserve the right to remove any content that is non-compliant with protections or terms of usage and subsequently discipline any violators of the terms at our discretion. 

If you use someone else's content, realize they have taken the time to create the content which you are allowed to use under specific conditions set forth by those authors, you must be compliant with any terms of usage and/or conditions which they set forth for the usage of their content by other authors. This includes giving proper credits for anyone who created content used within your mod, including the actual author(s) of the content, not just another mod name but the actual author of the content that you've used. You would like to be recognized and credited for your efforts, realize so do the authors who've been kind enough to permit you to use their content under their terms of usage. 

NOTE: The exception to terms of usage compliance is in the instance of private mods that will never be distributed to anyone. We state this specifically so that it is clear that private authorization means for personal-use only, it may not be distributed to other users, clans, groups or organizations in order to be classified as private usage and be permitted to be exempt from the terms of usage requirements.

In my eyes for documentation purposes, it's a wise idea if you're showcasing a particular vehicle to include the credits with that imagery, but in the instances of "general gameplay" imagery and/or video I do not see it as reasonable to have credits applied in those cases, since they would probably be a phone book by the time you credited everyone that was required to be credited related to the 10-20 units on the map, not even counting any structures/scripts portrayed.  So in the instance of a singular showcase (meaning a specific unit, structure, script) I would suggest documenting the credit with the object in question, but when it comes to general shots of the map or scenes with multiple units that have previously been documented there would be no reasonable requirement to document within that particular instance.  When it comes to releasing content it is mandatory to have your credits along with compliance with the author(s) terms of use in order when you opt to release the content.  

Media related to it, as I said showcasing something you've done, document who deserves credit for their contribution, general "media" related to the whole mod I would forego this step since it would just be too many in most cases.