Ace

Suggestion: Yielding vehicles

Title says it all, ever been tired of having your units come to a complete stop, then slowly move around traffic? I suggest a script that if a civilian vehicle detects an emergency vehicle coming from the rear, yield to it; make space. Or make all cars pull over to the side when a siren is activated for a certain radius from the source of siren. Then units can get to the destination in a timely matter.

What do you guys think?

Title says it all, ever been tired of having your units come to a complete stop, then slowly move around traffic? I suggest a script that if a civilian vehicle detects an emergency vehicle coming from the rear, yield to it; make space. Or make all cars pull over to the side when a siren is activated for a certain radius from the source of siren. Then units can get to the destination in a timely matter.

What do you guys think?

I've been trying to achieve this for years now.

So far, the most efficient way I found was to create an invisible object that constantly follows the vehicle. This object will detect any nearby civilian vehicles and order them to pull to the side using the EulerToMatrix() function. They will then go back to the nearest point in their path.

But this may cause lag and the AI going back to their pathing might cause more issues than it solves due to EM4's shitty AI.

And no, this will not appear in any mod any time soon.

Wegberg mod accomplished this. I think it would be very cool.

Wegberg uses a mission script based freeplay. It looks and plays absolutely awesome but it would be very very hard to replicate it into one of our US style mods here.

Someone gonna have to create a new method which is tied to the siren script.

Vehicle yielding would be absolutely amazing. Problem is, if it was possible, someone would have managed to do it good enough that all of the mods would be using it.

Maybe one day, but as for now, we're stuck with the deaf and blind AI drivers of EM4.

Vehicle yielding would be absolutely amazing. Problem is, if it was possible, someone would have managed to do it good enough that all of the mods would be using it.

Maybe one day, but as for now, we're stuck with the deaf and blind AI drivers of EM4.

We don't know. Maybe one day, someones gonna do it. Could be Hoppah, me, or even some random guy who suddenly bursts onto the scene, who knows.

We don't know. Maybe one day, someones gonna do it. Could be Hoppah, me, or even some random guy who suddenly bursts onto the scene, who knows.

Considering that em5 those this by default. If sixteenton ever gets there act together and enables modding and fixes the performance issues. This would not be required.