rescue_nerd

Emergency 5: worse than I thought.

You want realistic? There you go. While truly realistic would take much longer to connect a hose I find 5 seconds a nice compromise.

And paramedics don't run to patients. At least I don't, not to mention paramedics are nothing but stretcher fetchers. The doctors actually treat and they run.

From the gameplay videos I've seen its actually nice to see personnel walk instead of run, I love the animations for the vehicles and personnel, The tow truck actually has the vehicle which it just picked up, not just a shape with a tarp over it.

Has anyone seen if you can connect hoses to the pumper like in EM4? Or is it all from the hydrant now?

The tow truck actually has the vehicle which it just picked up, not just a shape with a tarp over it.

Really? I swear I saw a gameplay video where it looked like it just had changed to model to a tarp-covered generic car (this was a car-sized one for the tanker from the tram/tanker collision too!).

I'm pretty disappointed with the game. There are not many new features but a lot of necessary commands are missing (e.g. cones, firefighter/ medical equipment, siren control...) :WTF: In addition it is very unrealistic.

What do you think about it?

Overall I find Emergency 4 with mods (like Los Angeles, Copenhagen....) much better than Emergency 5.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. A few new nuances that I'm not really a fan of. But I'll give it a try.

You want realistic? There you go. While truly realistic would take much longer to connect a hose I find 5 seconds a nice compromise.

And paramedics don't run to patients. At least I don't, not to mention paramedics are nothing but stretcher fetchers. The doctors actually treat and they run.

Even then running with a stretcher is very difficult. Atleast that's what I've heard, I haven't actually tried it or anything...  :wall:

And as well, it takes at least one minute to get a conscious, cooperative patient on the stretcher, strapped down, and ready to move. Five seconds is damn near nothing.

From the gameplay videos I've seen its actually nice to see personnel walk instead of run, I love the animations for the vehicles and personnel, The tow truck actually has the vehicle which it just picked up, not just a shape with a tarp over it.

Has anyone seen if you can connect hoses to the pumper like in EM4? Or is it all from the hydrant now?

Yeah the rescue is basically an engine. When you're in a rural area, it acts as a pumper and there are four connections in the back compartment. It can only be used when there are no fire hydrants around but its pretty cool otherwise!

Really? I swear I saw a gameplay video where it looked like it just had changed to model to a tarp-covered generic car (this was a car-sized one for the tanker from the tram/tanker collision too!).

Yeah I think it just depends on the vehicle, if its an actual car then you will see the model on the back of the tow truck, if its like the tanker then it will be a tarp as its bigger then the tow truck.

Yeah the rescue is basically an engine. When you're in a rural area, it acts as a pumper and there are four connections in the back compartment. It can only be used when there are no fire hydrants around but its pretty cool otherwise!

Ah ok I think that is pretty cool, makes use of both the pumper and the hydrants. I like how you can also change the amount of automation the personnel do.

Yeah I think it just depends on the vehicle, if its an actual car then you will see the model on the back of the tow truck, if its like the tanker then it will be a tarp as its bigger then the tow truck.

It looked like there were multiple types of tow trucks in various screens, so I thought maybe they'd make it so certain vehicles need certain trucks. Must have been WIP models if that isn't how the game is now.

It looked like there were multiple types of tow trucks in various screens, so I thought maybe they'd make it so certain vehicles need certain trucks. Must have been WIP models if that isn't how the game is now.

Oh really? I hadn't noticed, that could be the case as they were from a few months ago. I'll see if I can find the gameplay where you can see the actual vehicle being loaded onto the tow truck and its not a tarp.

EDIT: Watch this and you will see the burnt out vehicle on the back of the tow truck.

http://youtu.be/Mtzu8mXvcZE?t=9m

Still redownloading it due to a steam muck up.

But from the sounds of this thread, they concentrated a lot on basic engine and modding support, to allow there to be a lot of awesome mods coming out. So everyone chill the hell out, and see what we can do with this new game. :verweis:

Hey everyone, thanks for so many replies I read them.

Yes, the automatic siren is good but if you could control it that would be even better. And did you notice that the siren is also switched on when the vehicle returns to the base which is pretty weird.

the automated siren they put in is actually pretty good. it sounds only when around vehicles. in europe they dont keep the siren on all the time like america.

That's not really true. During the day they always use their sirens but in the night time they only switch it on when there is a junction or traffic. They don't want to wake up everyone who lives near the roads.

The tow picking up the actually vehicle, and taking it, and the animations used it really awesome.

The detail on the vehicles is amazing.

The effects is amazing.

The new animations are amazing for everything.

And yes the personnel do run in the game, not walk, when they can. So not sure why someone was moaning about that in one thread.

I think there is a lot more to the game then people reliase, they need to play the game for more then 2 hours before saying, its rubbish because I can't be bothered to play through the missions and unlock everything!

The tow picking up the actually vehicle, and taking it, and the animations used it really awesome.

The detail on the vehicles is amazing.

The effects is amazing.

The new animations are amazing for everything.

And yes the personnel do run in the game, not walk, when they can. So not sure why someone was moaning about that in one thread.

I think there is a lot more to the game then people reliase, they need to play the game for more then 2 hours before saying, its rubbish because I can't be bothered to play through the missions and unlock everything!

I can't even play the game and it looks great! I love the animations and new things like the vehicle models etc. When I get a gaming PC they should hopefully have fixed the FPS/memory leak problems.

I am not sure how many of the problems are just people not having gaming spec PCs with latest drivers or not currently. Seems to work fine on my almost 6 years old Gaming PC, which has an older Nvidia card then they claim it supports. So bit mythed.

The game editor is brilliant, much better then EM4 btw.

You people really need to calm down. This game is almost EXACTLY like EM4 when it was first released. They've added a few commands and animations but overall this is the same. The mods made all of the other stuff possible. This game is exactly as I suspected it would be upon release. Wait for mods if you want all the extra stuff.

I am not sure how many of the problems are just people not having gaming spec PCs with latest drivers or not currently. Seems to work fine on my almost 6 years old Gaming PC, which has an older Nvidia card then they claim it supports. So bit mythed.

The game editor is brilliant, much better then EM4 btw.

Exactly! I actually think on the outside it looks like a very well done up to date EM4, but in the bones of the engine it has been designed better for modding this time. So actually I think we should all be very happy!

10fps. I get 50 in GTA IV, gg

See its these confusing comments, which are why people are being disappointed.

Of course it is lower FPS then GTA IV.

GTA IV came out in 2008. 6 years ago! And even then GTA IV wasn't a very computer heavy game, it doesn't calculate traffic all over the map, only spawns it on the edge of your view line, in fact sometimes spawns it in your view line if your speeding a long very fast in a open area, which looks embarrasing.

Emergency 5 is a game running 2014 graphics with a lot of effects GTA IV never had, and GTA V only just has now. And it still calculates and draws up a lot of stuff extra then GTA V would, the games aren't really comparable.

Sure they can improve Emergency 5 I reckon, but currently it should work on any half descent gaming PC, if it works on mine, and mines almost 6 years old, then it should work on most peoples. I haven't got no fancy liquid cooled bits or anything, just a descent gaming machine from Christmas 2008.

Emergency 5 is a game running 2014 graphics

To be honest I don't think it looks that good. At least not to justify the performance issues. They should have fixed this before launch. There's no way they didn't know about this if they properly tested the game. I'm very disappointed in how the launch turned out. Hope they fix this soon. Personally I won't play it until it's in a playable state, and 10 - 20 FPS is absolutely not playable.

You people really need to calm down. This game is almost EXACTLY like EM4 when it was first released. They've added a few commands and animations but overall this is the same. The mods made all of the other stuff possible. This game is exactly as I suspected it would be upon release. Wait for mods if you want all the extra stuff.

I agree with you, because every Emergency game has been like that, people expected too much from it because of all the mods for EM4 and are disappointed with it. The dev's for EM5 have done the same and just given us the base game and left it to the modding community to add to it and like you said in the other topic, its only been out for 2 days and its a new game, new editor and a new learning curve so its gonna take a while before mods like LA, London, NYC, etc start coming out. 

Of course it is lower FPS then GTA IV.

GTA IV came out in 2008. 6 years ago! And even then GTA IV wasn't a very computer heavy game, it doesn't calculate traffic all over the map, only spawns it on the edge of your view line, in fact sometimes spawns it in your view line if your speeding a long very fast in a open area, which looks embarrasing.

Emergency 5 is a game running 2014 graphics with a lot of effects GTA IV never had, and GTA V only just has now. And it still calculates and draws up a lot of stuff extra then GTA V would, the games aren't really comparable.

I think the point Ace was trying to make is that it is well known that GTA IV was a terrible PC port, and even those with top-end gaming PCs experience issues with performance; so the fact that he gets more FPS in GTA IV than in EM5 is a bit of embarrassment. 

For me, I only get decent FPS in Em5 on low settings and a low resolution. The Low settings look terrible in this game. I have a mid-end gaming PC, even in today's standards, so I'm a bit disappointed at the performance. If they can patch it, or if I eventually get a PC that can run it, I feel like it would be an enjoyable experience. But from what I've heard, even the users with high-end PCs are having trouble getting decent performance out of the game.

Some of you mod, some of you don't. almost no one understands. EM5 was a huge step for the companies that worked on this game. A literal start from scratch to create something we've never seen before, and they achieved it. If you feel the need to say its disappointing or mad please, step up and create your own game from scratch with 0 bugs, 0 issues. Its why patching systems exist. When a large product is made, it's very rarely going to be flawless.

Tl;dr: give it time

Some of you mod, some of you don't. almost no one understands. EM5 was a huge step for the companies that worked on this game. A literal start from scratch to create something we've never seen before, and they achieved it. If you feel the need to say its disappointing or mad please, step up and create your own game from scratch with 0 bugs, 0 issues. Its why patching systems exist. When a large product is made, it's very rarely going to be flawless.

Tl;dr: give it time

Spot on.

To be honest I don't think it looks that good. At least not to justify the performance issues. They should have fixed this before launch. There's no way they didn't know about this if they properly tested the game. I'm very disappointed in how the launch turned out. Hope they fix this soon. Personally I won't play it until it's in a playable state, and 10 - 20 FPS is absolutely not playable.

I don't understand how people are getting low FPS if they have the required minimum spec, as my computer is below minimum spec on GFX card as almost 6 years old, but matches all other minimum spec requirements just and it runs fine, on low settings.

But if you have minimum spec of course it will run only on minimum settings.

If your having problems, perhaps look at what else is running on your computer, possible you have background programs gobling your RAM and CPU. But its a  new game, I would expect it to require a top end gaming PC to run on max graphics otherwise they aren't pushing the envelope! Its not only the graphics that take up computer power, its the amount of animations, actions and advanced AI that is in this game. If you look at the AI editor in the game editor, you can see this engine has come a long way from EM4.

I think the point Ace was trying to make is that it is well known that GTA IV was a terrible PC port, and even those with top-end gaming PCs experience issues with performance; so the fact that he gets more FPS in GTA IV than in EM5 is a bit of embarrassment. 

For me, I only get decent FPS in Em5 on low settings and a low resolution. The Low settings look terrible in this game. I have a mid-end gaming PC, even in today's standards, so I'm a bit disappointed at the performance. If they can patch it, or if I eventually get a PC that can run it, I feel like it would be an enjoyable experience. But from what I've heard, even the users with high-end PCs are having trouble getting decent performance out of the game.

No not really at all.... if he was getting higher FPS in EM5 then in GTA IV, that would be rediculious, as it is a new game. Comparing a game from 6 years ago to a modern one that has completely different shading, lighting etc. effects is just pointless. Compare it to GTA V when its released, then you might be on to a relatively closer comparison, but still the two engines are completely different, one a FPS only loading local data and one an large map RTS loading information and AI from across the map.

What do people want, a game that feels out of date in two years when the larger mods are ready?

No not really at all.... if he was getting higher FPS in EM5 then in GTA IV, that would be ridiculous, as it is a new game. Comparing a game from 6 years ago to a modern one that has completely different shading, lighting etc. effects is just pointless. Compare it to GTA V when its released, then you might be on to a relatively closer comparison, but still the two engines are completely different, one a FPS only loading local data and one an large map RTS loading information and AI from across the map.

What do people want, a game that feels out of date in two years when the larger mods are ready?

I meet the recommended requirements for EM5, yet it runs terribly on anything other than Low. & I'm not the only one having this issue. It is poorly optimized. And I believe what people want is a game that they can run, as long as they have the right hardware, like myself.

P.S. - GTA IVs graphics still hold up today, especially on high settings. It's a good looking game, especially with mods. It also has a much, much larger map and a lot more going on. 

P.S. - GTA IVs graphics still hold up today, especially on high settings. It's a good looking game, especially with mods. It also has a much, much larger map and a lot more going on. 

Yes GTA IV graphics are acceptable, but nothing compared to GTA V, and GTA V isn't even the best game graphically now, its a year old and didn't go for all out graphics when it was released.

The map is a lot bigger, but the way it runs is completely different. That is why you don't get a mini map on GTA showing you the positions of every vehicle on the map. It only loads up said vehicles in eye sight (Or often even less then eye sight, they can appear close to you if your moving at high speed or running on poor computer or a console). Whilst Emergency loads and calculates every vehicle and event on the map constantly, to allow you to jump around on the minimap, hence it being RAM and process hungry. E.g. FPS is a lot different to RTS.

I am really enjoying how the vehicles do progressive braking, and take bends and long straights differently, really interesting to watch in Em5. Not seen it in other games like this, not even driving games like Euro trucker.

I don't understand how people are getting low FPS if they have the required minimum spec, as my computer is below minimum spec on GFX card as almost 6 years old, but matches all other minimum spec requirements just and it runs fine, on low settings.

But if you have minimum spec of course it will run only on minimum settings.

If your having problems, perhaps look at what else is running on your computer

It's not properly optimized. It doesn't matter how good your computer is, it only runs fine on certain cards. I really hope they fix this soon... Everywhere people discuss this game there are tons of people with recommended specs reporting horrible framerates. One of those would be me, I meet or surpass all recommended specs and still get shitty fps.