rescue_nerd

Emergency 5: worse than I thought.

I'm pretty disappointed with the game. There are not many new features but a lot of necessary commands are missing (e.g. cones, firefighter/ medical equipment, siren control...) :WTF: In addition it is very unrealistic.

What do you think about it?

Overall I find Emergency 4 with mods (like Los Angeles, Copenhagen....) much better than Emergency 5.

I'm pretty disappointed with the game. There are not many new features but a lot of necessary commands are missing (e.g. cones, firefighter/ medical equipment, siren control...) :WTF: In addition it is very unrealistic.

You do realize that cones, siren control etc were only made in the mods, none of the Emergency games have had these in the base game, like marcoclusius1 said wait until mods come out.

maybe, we should wait till mods come out?

I think we'd definitely do that. Until then I don't play it.

But I think even Em4 without mods is better than Em5.

You do realize that cones, siren control etc were only made in the mods, none of the Emergency games have had these in the base game, like marcoclusius1 said wait until mods come out.

Yes. But why didn't the developers put it in the game? They just had to look at the mods that people love to play and they'd know what we wanted. Besides Em5 doesn't even have "open houses".

Yes. But why didn't the developers put it in the game? They just had to look at the mods that people love to play and they'd know what we wanted.

I think its because its a small(ish) team and they would rather see what the modding communities can made with the new engine etc. Its always been like that since the 1st Emergency game.

Yes, that's nice to hear (read ;) ) and I'm looking forward to mods. But I'm still disappointed. Do you like it?

Yeah it will be a while though before mods start coming out. I've read a few people where disappointed with the game, meh I'm on the fence tbh as I can't run it on my system so I can only watch gameplay videos.

I think its because its a small(ish) team and they would rather see what the modding communities can made with the new engine etc. Its always been like that since the 1st Emergency game.

I want be the first who made new engine. I need attach hose to engine like in EM4.

I want be the first who made new engine. I need attach hose to engine like in EM4.

Good luck with that.

Yeah it will be a while though before mods start coming out. I've read a few people where disappointed with the game, meh I'm on the fence tbh as I can't run it on my system so I can only watch gameplay videos.

Ah, ok.

My first impression is a 2008 game. The only thing its based on, is graphics.

Graphics, and details are beautiful. But the game it self, and i'm not talking about the basic modification, it always has.

But the game it self, is, i would not say awful. But its quite weird and instead of making the editor, more foreseeable. They just made it, so confusing and with a quite bad user-interface. Making it so confusing, to those who were regular with the Emergency 4 Editor.

Has anyone, guessed the way through, how to place vehicles, and even "Create" a new modification with the editor?

Guys, they only planted a seed for us modders to grow into a tree ... Give the game a chance. It's a learning curve and if you're going to complain about it then you might as well help out the developers what is wrong with it so they can improve it for us ... This is a major investment for them so they will take any feedback seriously.

the automated siren they put in is actually pretty good. it sounds only when around vehicles. in europe they dont keep the siren on all the time like america.

It also sounds when they're going through red lights. I think that's awesome!

I think the game is really great! They did a great job and im truly impressed. Even the stock game is fun and im actually going to play through it i love the graphics and lights and the realistic traffic behavior. I was surprised they even added pepper spray!  They gave us police tape and a megaphone and from what i can tell some cars will redirect themselves.

They have implemented alot of features that we requested but they cant add every single thing we want and thats up to the modding community to do. But this a big step up in my opinion and im really excited to see what the modding community comes up with.

The only issue with the game i have as others do is the performance i meet the recommended specs and i can barely even get 30 fps and at times its unplayable. But that is to be expected with a new game and engine so lets be patient and hope they can patch the issues. 

the automated siren they put in is actually pretty good. it sounds only when around vehicles. in europe they dont keep the siren on all the time like america.

Not necessarily true, I have had fire trucks and ambulances sneak up on my apartment building in medical emergency situations, especially late at night, Some drivers respect the community and dont want to wake up the whole street late at night.

Basically with the editor, yes it can be confusing but once it is used a bit it will allow modders to change way more options. I played around with it for a little bit and I found that creating lights(yes you can do it) and changing things on vehicles is much easier and a hell of a lot faster. Plus for the lights there is even a little option to change the color by using a color palete instead of messing with values.

The scripting language is Lua...which is a common language for game scripting and it's not some custom C-- language like Em4.

I'm super excited about scripting. On the surface it appears that they've created a lot of room for expansion in the scripting department.

You may hate it...but I love it for the modding capabilities that were added.

Basically with the editor, yes it can be confusing but once it is used a bit it will allow modders to change way more options. I played around with it for a little bit and I found that creating lights(yes you can do it) and changing things on vehicles is much easier and a hell of a lot faster. Plus for the lights there is even a little option to change the color by using a color palete instead of messing with values.

Is it the same light editing mechanism from Emergency 4 Editor ? You know, edit the speed, offset flash, can you copy and paste coronas, make custom flash patterns like i can with the RCMP modification etc ?

I think the game is just too slow, the paramedics don't run... they just walk to the victim... and after that long travel, the beautiful animation to get him on the thing takes 5 more seconds... taking a firehose takes 5 seconds... And above that all, the framerates so slow that everything else is SLOW

The new animations are beautiful, but they make the game less active in comparison to EM4

Not necessarily true, I have had fire trucks and ambulances sneak up on my apartment building in medical emergency situations, especially late at night, Some drivers respect the community and dont want to wake up the whole street late at night.

Yes, they do that sometimes, although the legal requirement is that they have it on all the time.

And guys, stop bashing up on the game, for goodness' sake. It's only a brand new game. Give them time to patch it before you start rioting.

I think the game is just too slow, the paramedics don't run... they just walk to the victim... and after that long travel, the beautiful animation to get him on the thing takes 5 more seconds... taking a firehose takes 5 seconds.

The new animations are beautiful, but they make the game less active in comparison to EM4

You want realistic? There you go. While truly realistic would take much longer to connect a hose I find 5 seconds a nice compromise.

And paramedics don't run to patients. At least I don't, not to mention paramedics are nothing but stretcher fetchers. The doctors actually treat and they run.