ENG51INE

Vehicles not following paths

So in the recently released Mayberry Mod, the biggest issue I'm having is trying to fix the problem with player controlled vehicles not following paths. For example, if you send an engine from the east side to the west side for a fire, it will try to drive straight across the entire map and not follow the roads. The same thing happens when you send it back to the station or tell it to go home.

I have all the roads marked out in the paths and streets, I just don't know if I'm missing something.

You have to edit the streets in "Streets" mode (Shift F7), you must have it for emergency vehicles. Wherever you want them to use a street, this has to be set. The streets have to have at least one connected street (Like a three-way street or a one way in a different direction).

You have to edit the streets in "Streets" mode (Shift F7), you must have it for emergency vehicles. Wherever you want them to use a street, this has to be set. The streets have to have at least one connected street (Like a three-way street or a one way in a different direction).

Yeah, like I said, I have all the streets set up.  Not really sure what the issue is still.

Sorry to bump this topic, but it appears that I have the same problem in my mod... How have you solved this issue? It's driving me crazy. :(

He fixed it by checking the streets editor (Shift F7)

If the lines are red, then there is a street which is not connected to the rest of the system. The lines MUST intersect at any given point. It is a massive pain in the ass to find, but when you do, you won't need to change anything anymore.

The streets ARE NOT the texture, but the blue lines similar to paths (BUT NOT THE PATHS) that the player vehicles use to go to places. They use it to find the best route to go to any location on the map.

One way to narrow down which street is causing issues is to start from the bottom going up. Check all of the newly created streets you setup for any of the FD or PD stations. The issue might be there.

He fixed it by checking the streets editor (Shift F7)

If the lines are red, then there is a street which is not connected to the rest of the system. The lines MUST intersect at any given point. It is a massive pain in the ass to find, but when you do, you won't need to change anything anymore.

The streets ARE NOT the texture, but the blue lines similar to paths (BUT NOT THE PATHS) that the player vehicles use to go to places. They use it to find the best route to go to any location on the map.

One way to narrow down which street is causing issues is to start from the bottom going up. Check all of the newly created streets you setup for any of the FD or PD stations. The issue might be there.

Thanks for the quick reply. Gonna check it out.

EDIT: Fixed. One of the streets near the statue roundabout was underground, I optimized it, "Move to floor" and "Move to ground" seemed to fix everything. Yay! :D