OrigiHawk

Emergency 5 on steam!

Does this mean that the disk version will require a Stem account to install and play the game?

Probably not. They are using their own DRM to host their multiplayer and servers at http://www.emergency5.de/

Steam is just another way of acquiring the game most likely for american users.

Not really interested in Emergency 5 to be honest. For one it looks incredibly unoptimized for one, I mean for one of the minimum system requirements you need a 1gb graphic card for godsake 2gb for recommended. .. Only the people who own a decent gaming rig will be able to play this... Pretty much like GTA IV. Yeah it looks nice and has some improvements, but I think I will stick with EM4.

Not really interested in Emergency 5 to be honest. For one it looks incredibly unoptimized for one, I mean for one of the minimum system requirements you need a 1gb graphic card for godsake 2gb for recommended. .. Only the people who own a decent gaming rig will be able to play this... Pretty much like GTA IV. Yeah it looks nice and has some improvements, but I think I will stick with EM4.

keep in mind this game is coming 8 years after em4. most games on the market require 1gb gpu's at least, well atleast most games on steam do. This is also the first time they are reaching out this much for any release so new users are going to want a good looking game. Most people have 1gb or 2gb gpus. If they didnt make any innovations or improvements and kept the game like em4, they would make no sales. Its 2014 :)

*edit*

To beastybill, 

If you want a good gaming pc for around 500 dollars/pounds. Here is a good site that lets you choose each part and adds it up at the end : http://pcpartpicker.com/

It has each components listed by price so you can choose decent parts and get a decent gaming rig that can run em5 at medium for around 500.

Edited by OrigiHawk

I don't know why everyone is complaining about the specs of the game its 2014 people! If you want to play the latest pc games decently you are going to have to have a decent computer thats just the way things work. If you want to use the same console for  like 8 years then get a PS4 or XBOX one. 

And you don't have to break the bank to get a decent computer you just have to do your research my computer meets all the recommended specs and i only paid like $600 for it. 

And keep in mind these are just the recommended specs so im sure you will be able to play the game, but will it look and run well? 

Who knows only time will tell.....