itchboy

Zmod Exporting Issue

I have been stuck with this problem since yesterday. Zmod fucks up the mapping of the E350 model when it is exported.

Screenshot:

attachicon.gifproblem.png

Can anyone help. Fixing this problem would make the release date of my mod come faster.

Are we talking about the small curve just below the rear lights? 

Yes. Many times I have tried, and nothing changes. Neither does copying the object into a fresh .z3d file.

I totally get the problem, but if it was me I would just leave it. When playing Emergency, you see the game from a bird eye  view, so you will never get close enough to the vehicle, for it to actually be a problem. 

But I most certainly understand why it is bugging you :) 

I totally get the problem, but if it was me I would just leave it. When playing Emergency, you see the game from a bird eye  view, so you will never get close enough to the vehicle, for it to actually be a problem. 

But I most certainly understand why it is bugging you :)

The line is quite visible when I play, especially in the E350 I have modified to be used as a playable unit. Also, any text or lettering on the rear side would be skewed a bit. Basically, this texturing issue would cause issues when people start putting their "decals" and emergency logos, stripes etc.

Such things apper when you move alllready mapped parts.

You can do the same in UV mapping window or on 3d moddel, you could miss it in UV mapp editor (like mowing something with turned on "select") witch affected both.

I see. So that is the cause. I have been moving some parts because I modified the shape of the rear a bit and had to change the mapping.

The problem has been slightly aleviated by adding a bit of "compensation" to the mapping. I moved it a bit to the left of where I want it to actually be and when it was exported, it came out much better (but still a bit curved).

I see. So that is the cause. I have been moving some parts because I modified the shape of the rear a bit and had to change the mapping.

The problem has been slightly aleviated by adding a bit of "compensation" to the mapping. I moved it a bit to the left of where I want it to actually be and when it was exported, it came out much better (but still a bit curved).

You can deattach that part and edit UV map with old source and there (in UV map editor) you can move that part a bit in another side.

From what I understand you've altered the model of the van at the rear end a bit, when you do this it will in turn wreak havoc on the uv map.. I have had the same issue happen before, the best way to fix it is in vertice mode in the UV mapper and to manually adjust out the error accordingly.  IF you don't wanna do that because you worry about the proportioning, the only way to fix it otherwise is to clear the whole UV for that zone and redo it again. Such is what sucks about a vehicle and the fact that you have to adjust it further once it's mapped, sometimes you gotta clear the UV on the zone u tampered with to repair the proportions and level it back out.  Generally with small glitches like what you've shown manually tweaking it in vertice mode in the UV will suffice to resolve it with minimal distortion if any at all.  You're talking about less than an inch of deflection.

My guess is the exporter rounds off the exported uvmap values for a v3o. While in zmod you can do the uvmap very precisely, the exported v3o doesnt do decimals. Therefore the exported files have rounded off uvmap values. They usually not noticable, but that may explain the slight distortation in v3o files

From what I understand you've altered the model of the van at the rear end a bit, when you do this it will in turn wreak havoc on the uv map.. I have had the same issue happen before, the best way to fix it is in vertice mode in the UV mapper and to manually adjust out the error accordingly.  IF you don't wanna do that because you worry about the proportioning, the only way to fix it otherwise is to clear the whole UV for that zone and redo it again. Such is what sucks about a vehicle and the fact that you have to adjust it further once it's mapped, sometimes you gotta clear the UV on the zone u tampered with to repair the proportions and level it back out.  Generally with small glitches like what you've shown manually tweaking it in vertice mode in the UV will suffice to resolve it with minimal distortion if any at all.  You're talking about less than an inch of deflection.

My guess is the exporter rounds off the exported uvmap values for a v3o. While in zmod you can do the uvmap very precisely, the exported v3o doesnt do decimals. Therefore the exported files have rounded off uvmap values. They usually not noticable, but that may explain the slight distortation in v3o files

Thanks for the advice guys. I have fixed my issue by adding some compensation to the mapping (moving it a bit to the left than intended), which is explained by what Hoppah said about the mapping being rounded off. I never thought that the numbers in the .v3o file could have meant that much to appearances. Thanks also to EmC and bma for trying to help also.