CCCXLII

Faster Personnel

I've been wondering something. I know it's possible to make a vehicle faster than another vehicle. But is it possible to make certain personnel faster than other personnel? And is it possible to temporarily raise or decrease a unit's speed?

I've been toying with the idea of making an on-foot Pursuit Cop (a la Mirror's Edge).

EDIT1: I just tried putting a <speed value="100" /> tag on an officer. No change in speed.

Not sure if it works. But try p.SetSpeed(10.f);

Proberly won't but it is a place to start :)

I'm not familiar enough with the game's script language to try that, though I have a feeling that your suggestion might work. If I could, I would create an alternate arrest command for the Pursuit Cops, causing their speed to increase when starting the target_follow behavior.

Something I did discover, after a bit of searching, is that you can change the upgrade level of the unit to technically change their speed. By lowering the value, you can make it so a personnel is unable to run, but that's about it.

yeah, em4 has an upgrade system going from 0-3 where 0 will only walk and 3 will be the fastest. 

I have played a bit with it in Helping Peter mod where you can switch between walking and running :)

Hmm, you are proberly right itchboy, when i tested it, I only tried in missions. 

But as far as i recall the styrker script i most mods tricks the game into thinking the paramedics are carrying an invisible person, and the game doesn't have any animations for running while carrying somebody. Not sure if its possible to change :)

Yes, the SetUpgrade works in mission. You can try my mod Helping Peter if you hold down shift while using the move command the personel switches between walking and running :)

Yes, the SetUpgrade works in mission. You can try my mod Helping Peter if you hold down shift while using the move command the personel switches between walking and running :)

Nice! I'm going to see what I can do, thanks. :)

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

Hmm, you are proberly right itchboy, when i tested it, I only tried in missions. 

But as far as i recall the styrker script i most mods tricks the game into thinking the paramedics are carrying an invisible person, and the game doesn't have any animations for running while carrying somebody. Not sure if its possible to change :)

The stryker script I use does not "trick" the game unfortunately. The game lifts the invisible injured person, which is why it makes the medic walk.

EM4 forces units in FP to be upgrade level 3 at all times unfortunately. I am looking through every possible option (unit.xml, freeplaybase, EM4 SDK) to figure out a way to force them to walk.

The stryker script I use does not "trick" the game unfortunately. The game lifts the invisible injured person, which is why it makes the medic walk.

EM4 forces units in FP to be upgrade level 3 at all times unfortunately. I am looking through every possible option (unit.xml, freeplaybase, EM4 SDK) to figure out a way to force them to walk.

Maybe the solution is to make the game run as a mission then?

I have made most of it work for Copenhagen, only problem with it, was that i couldn't figure out a way to make it possible to click on the missions like in freeplay, so it was almost impossible to find some of the missions 

Maybe the solution is to make the game run as a mission then?

I have made most of it work for Copenhagen, only problem with it, was that i couldn't figure out a way to make it possible to click on the missions like in freeplay, so it was almost impossible to find some of the missions 

Creating a mission script is very hard. Also, people would not be able use the mod in multiplayer.

Did you create your own mission script with custom function calls or did you use the ones made by the Germans?

Creating a mission script is very hard. Also, people would not be able use the mod in multiplayer.

Did you create your own mission script with custom function calls or did you use the ones made by the Germans?

Created my own, Check Helping Peter if you like. 

Its not much harder than command scripts, i actually find it easier :) 

I've seen it. Its a work of art bro. Its beautiful. I could never imagine making one myself. Someday probably.

It looks confusing because there are so much script in the same document :D 

But what i did was taking a script from one of the original missions and delete everything except the headlines. Then i used US army mod as a reference to see how the Hoppah did it. 

The rest was just makeing the features i wanted one at a time :) 

It looks confusing because there are so much script in the same document :D 

But what i did was taking a script from one of the original missions and delete everything except the headlines. Then i used US army mod as a reference to see how the Hoppah did it. 

The rest was just makeing the features i wanted one at a time :)

Thanks for the hint. I am inspired to do this someday.