crazyperson225

Getting the MCU to the hospital

It's quite a difficult piece of code, since the normal ambulances have 1 injured person, and 1 set of PM's with stretchers. So logically, code would be: Exit PM's + injured, go to spawn, drop off injured, get back in vehicle.

For the MCU, they have to pick up and drop off more victims. It probably can be done, but it's not easy.

Tim

PS. I might start messing around with it to get some scripting experience 

The real issue is that the transports are not being carried by a paramedic team and are simply inside the vehicle. The hospital script looks for paramedic teams carrying a person, and then makes those exit the vehicle, move to the hospital, and then remove the person.

You could simply make the MCU a RTW vehicle instead of an ITW, but you'd have to have stretcher teams enter the vehicle with the person instead of being able to use anyone to just put them in the vehicle.

He would need to make a script where paramedics fetch a patient from the vehicle, disembark, put patient in hospital, get back in MCU, and do it again. Seems like a simple loop script

for(int i =0; i < v.GetNumTransports(); i++)
{

do what i said.

do what i said.

}

I've been looking into this, I was just planning on having all paramedics leave the MCU and move to the entrance and then remove all transports. But not sure if it's worth the hassle.

That would lead to a problem though..

If there are 6 paramedics and 9 victims, where will the 3 go. That's where the script of send and return comes in.

Once Im done with my models, I will be sure to get this script done.

That would lead to a problem though..

If there are 6 paramedics and 9 victims, where will the 3 go. That's where the script of send and return comes in.

Once Im done with my models, I will be sure to get this script done.

No the paramedics leaving would be purely aesthetic. Then the game would just manually remove all transports, so it looks like they've been moved without actually moving them. If that makes sense?

No the paramedics leaving would be purely aesthetic. Then the game would just manually remove all transports, so it looks like they've been moved without actually moving them. If that makes sense?

Oh.....that is indeed far easier to script. In my opinion, the manual method would look prettier, but opens the possibility for bugs.

It depends how well it's set up, I use the single person stretcher script so my return to hospital script is already far different, but simply setting each EMT to leave show the injured person child and move to hospital, it wouldn't look any different to the player. You could even send them there and back a few times keep hiding and in hiding the injured person child.

The same principle applies to the old system you'd just replace hiding child's for changing models. Again if that makes sense?