youdotoo

So, I decided that I want to learn guitar.

I play guitar i have a Fender stratocaster and a Fender telecaster and an acoustic Taylor big baby.

How long have you been playing?

Yesterday was the first time I even touched one. LOL, my father plays guitar, my brother and sister my dad is amazing at playing it.  

I used to play piano and drums. 

I have an Ibanez GIO. 

A little hint from a guit player: If you want to get better, practice is key. Also, keeping tempo and playing in time is as important as chords and fingering technique.

Here's some of my playing:

Hey, I'm impressed!  Being a drummer in a band that plays some music similar to this, I like your style!  I had to check out your cover of Mayday Parade's "I'd Hate To Be You When You Find Out What This Song Is About."  That's one of my favorite songs by them, and my guitarist and I play that one all the time lol.

And yes, some wise words of advise you give...playing and time is SO important as a musician in general.  I've been a drummer for 9 years, and it's very easy for me to watch bands, even some really good ones, and pick out some players that can't play in time!  It makes me cringe...watching drummers in bands with great guitarists, but the band sucks because the drummer can't play in time.  I can't stress how important it is to play in time, because I've played with people that just flat out can't keep time, and it pulls the whole song apart.  Like I always say, you can have the greatest drum solo or the sexiest guitar riff ever, but if you can't play in time, then all of that means nothing.  

Here's a vid of my band, but this is before we got our guitarist.  I actually played with him at this gig, and that's how he kinda got in our band.