Xplorer4x4

Tear Drop Spolights - Will they be a thing of the past?

I know at least one of our trucks has the takedowns you're talking about on our lightbar. It's two layers, so there's the top red and white and blue parts that flash regularly, but it also has to ability to light up white on all four sides, plus our spotlight on it, similar to the one I posted on the TRU truck

Sad reality is that there is such a thing as too much light output, the ones that can put out light like you describe can "overlight" a scene, resulting in the obnoxious corona glow effect where there is so much light projected that you really can't see what you're doing anymore because you're half blind.. Spotlights permit targeted lighting with a very bright light but in a smaller cone of projection, lightbars tend to be light the world in their lighting, even the takedown lights tend to flood a scene with light.. Sometimes you don't need to bathe the scene you just need light in a specific location.. For EX if my car is chromed out the ass on the rear and and you light me up with takedowns, alot of that light is gna end up right back in your eyes just like in the mirror on the car, spotlights can let you target away from such things to prevent blinding yourself.