Xplorer4x4

Need Experienced Scripter to Assist

Looking for some one with programing/scripting experience to help squash some bugs.

1. The tiller often times does not park properly when returning to FS1. The trailer will end up over top of the cab!

2. When using the chase command, under some conditions, an officer will not put his gun away after putting the suspect in the car.

3. When any of the PD units return to station, they drive erratically rather then nice and calm as if they are on patrol.

4. Somewhere along the line, I managed to break the rear gates for one of the fire stations. The child ids and such all seem to match up! The gates are numbered and named properly as are the VOs. Several testers have checked these to confirm.

So if you think you can help drop me a PM and I will PM you the working version of the mod.

I beleve the holster bug was fixed in YSBs version of your submod; I don't even remember running into it using that Chase script.

By "driving erratically", do you mean like a pathing issue where they drive off roads, or just driving at full speed? Pathing seems tricky sometimes in EM4, and I can't offer any advice for it. If it's speeds, you can change the FlashingLights script to make it so that when a vehicles lights are on they'll drive at a response speed, otherwise they'd drive at a slower speed. I've attached my script so you can take a look. All you'd need to do is remake and assign the dummy commands, or do a bunch of work to define each vehicle individualy (which is why I went to Dummy commands).

LAFlashingLights.zip

Finally found some time to look at your scripts and write a reply. Check your PM box. Most of the issues are kinda complex, so I couldn't help you thát well. You should locate the exact location of the problems first before spending alot of unnecessary time in a lot of big scripts that may be involved. I usually do that by temporarily adding PlayHints or Log codes to simply show signals that the correct scripts/codes are being executed.

You ask for scripters and you get some of the best scripters on this site:)

Thanks for spamming the thread. Been here for a long time and know who are great scripters. Plus Loot is already a member of the beta test team.

@Loot yeah I was thinking the same thing.

@Hoopah much appreciated! Will look in to those issues tomorow.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

I'm not sure if Issue #1 was fixed, but you need to manaully call DummyCheckTiller with a child ID of "3" if I recall correctly. Essentially that is the command which manually re-aligns the tiller trailer with the cabin. Since the traditional parking script effects only the cabin (hence why it goes on top of the trailer), you have to manually call the trailer to update its position relative to the cabin. One simple line is all you really need...or maybe 2 lines (a simple if-statement to see if what you are parking is the tiller and if true manually update the trailer rotation). If you'd like I could share you my solution. Pretty easy once you figure out what's happening. It took me over a day to make the tiller park properly.

The only downside to this is it doesn't work in multiplayer. In multiplayer, the trailer doesn't update its position for non-host players. I think it's a latency issue.

Sorry I wasn't able to lend a hand, been swamped with my own scripts, but glad you've managed to get some help. What Chris07 said about the tiller is what I'd suggest too, just add the Execute Command towards the bottom of the push actions after the tiller has turned to face the gate :)