rafaelmfernandez

[Released] FDNY Fire Academy Modification *SD*

Sorry I gotta jump in here at this point.

You say that you moved on to another version how ever a lot of your mods that come out have so many bugs to start with that instead of create patches, which you guys are finally are doing now, you come out with a whole new version.  I can give a pretty good account on how things have gone down with a few hit and misses.

First we had the NY mod which was a reskin of the LA units.  Things were pretty well done.

Then you guys did your own map which was the snow map and it had huge amount of bugs in it that it was mostly deemed unplayable.  From there you guys went on to the Manhattan project. 

Manhattan V1.0 again had bugs and to many was unplayable if I remember correctly.

Manhattan v2.0 I can't really remember anything from this one.

Manhattan v3.0 unplayable to practically anyone that did not have a high end computer... you guys finally came out with the SD version which was playable at the beginning but when you added a patch in to it for some reason everyone started to get a CTD after roughly 5 minutes of game play.

Now you are coming out with this which again I agree with MikeyPI it seems really pointless, good if you want to train your own members of your clan, which you said you do, but other than that like he said would crowed my mod folder if I decided to down load it.

But hey... up to you man.

I love how you say, "I gotta jump in here at this point"

Better if you didn't.

That is your own opinion.. you can either look at it the way you are looking at it, or look at it as we have not only released a mod, but several versions and updates. We are one of the few modding teams that ACTUALLY delivers. I change and move onto other versions because people want new product. No one wants to play the same mod everyday for the rest of their EM4 gaming time. Its like if they just made one Grand Theft Auto, shitty graphics etc. Same with us, we went along started shitty with NYC Submod as noob developers, now look at us. Delivering some of the most high quality product out there at this point. 

As for your comment on V3, it is our most stable version as of 3.0.5C. As long as you have a computer that can actually run the mod you won't be complaining. We are not going to lower the quality of our mod for someone who does not have a decent computer. This mod is for people who have decent PCs that can run other games such as GTA IV. It is not our fault. Mikey was not saying the mod was pointless he was saying that we should try and put them together instead of separate releases. I have never seen anybody in my life down talk a developer that is ACTUALLY delivering to the people here. I can make as many mods as I want as long as I deliver. I have never started a mod and dropped it. (Besides WTC Mod)

Notice how all of our releases are different. New maps, new features, new scripts, new sounds, new units. I go through with my work whether you like it or not. There are people with Low spec computers that I feel we owe something. This is a small mod that will only take me a week to develop not 4 or 5 years and counting. This is a mod to give people the features that they are missing out on in Manhattan and Brooklyn and Maybe just maybe, motivate them to upgrade there computers which not only will benefit them with our mod, but will open up a new door for them called PC gaming. Battlefield, GTA, Minecraft, so much to play. 

Now when your mod comes out and its flawless (No CTDs, no bugs, no lag) then you can tell me how I should do things, When the reality does slap you in the face, be prepared to take so much shit from people like you that you will need an island the size of Staten Island to dump it on. 

102.5 sq miles (265.5 km²)

Now let me jump in please? If u look at it from Mahattan mod v1 yes it was fairy buggy but it was awesome v2- bit buggy even awesomer than v1 v3- a tiny bit buggy but amazing ps this is one of the most realistic mods on here (no offense to other mods)

Yes let's just start bashing other mods very classy...

No ones bashing any mods he was simply stating that bassically no game or mod will be bug free even if you had all the beta testers in the world there would still be at least one bug anyway back to topic raf this is looking really good well done :)

How fast things can go downhill man... Raf got my point that I was making quite well, I see a point behind this mod but in MY OPINION (note the MY part) I felt it could be consolidated into another of their projects, perhaps brooklyn, def not the manhattan one, but that is just my feelings on it, in the end it is up to these devs how they want to do things.  To me people forget that we modders do this for free and don't get paid a thing to do it and that we take our time to do the things that we do.  In the end we each do this for our own reasons but it is the modders choices on what they want to add or do with regards to their mod.  As a training tool/MP thing it actually makes sense to me to have it as a standalone.  For the sake of MP it reduces latency and load times to have a much much smaller mod since alot of things that can be done in SP cannot port to MP anyway.

The truth is that every mod has bugs, we try our best to make sure they arent overly bad for the most part but the reality is the time it would take to remove every glitch and bug just isnt there, on top of the fact that we are modding the game and not building the raw code that makes up the engine we definately can't resolve the original game issues that may make the game unstable but we aint 16 tons here so we gotta work with what we got.  As painful as it is to admit alot of the bugs out there come from the engine and the lack of it's ability to handle modern things we try to do to the game.

Please return to the topic of the mod instead of bickering back and forth over non-relevent things.

RELEASED FDNY Fire Academy Modification *SD* 

37NQ7Fx.jpg

iGndeMt.jpg

tLtD2Hx.jpg

zp03Laq.jpg

Notice there are now mannequins for the Truck companies to recover in searches, the truck making forcible entry on the metal door out front so that the engine can stretch a line in and knock the fire down. 

This is a project Ive started working on in the last few days to train mostly my NYCERU members for action. Ive also set my goal to release this as an updated Standard Definition Version. Ive shaved and optimized it from 500mbs down to 150mbs. Quick download, quick install, quick load up and smooth gameplay. Even on intels!

It only includes:

4 fully searchable on all floors, ventable, and dynamic fires (Something that has NEVER been done before)

These buildings are almost 100% Replicas of the ones at the actual FDNY Fire Academy. 

Each building has its own number and its number indicates its purpose:

xQyiCFD.jpg

2. Smoke Training

3. Taxpayer

4. Multiple Dwelling

5. Live Fire Training

5 FDNY Apparatus: 1 Rearmount, 1 Tower Ladder, 2 Engines, and a Division Car

New command to click what you want to light on fire or extinguish everything all together for the training feel.

Keep in mind this is the training academy and no events happen on there own. No EMS runs, no PD runs, just fire training. 

This mod includes new features that will be in the Brooklyn Modification. It is also to give the low spec PCs something to play with in the mean time.

RELEASED!

Download links!

Simply Extract and place into your mods folder! 

Enjoy! 

When I play this I can not move the camera around it just drags itself to the front of the training academy, Any thoughts? Will you guys add anything else to this? I think it would be unique to have an area with a wreck and hazmat scene to run Rescue Operations & Hazmat Deployment. The training area around here has a ton of different events just a thought.

Now let me jump in please? If u look at it from Mahattan mod v1 yes it was fairy buggy but it was awesome v2- bit buggy even awesomer than v1 v3- a tiny bit buggy but amazing ps this is one of the most realistic mods on here (no offense to other mods)

I've seen and played mods with details as stabilizing vehicles in wrecks and hazmat with oil dry or fully detaching a vehicle roof to pull patient from a wreck ,more relistic looking fires and equipment . Berlin v2 has one of the best call outs for apparatus' that I have seen on any mod and these mods run on fairly low end PC's .You don't need so much graphical glitz and glimmer to make a mod awesome , Manhattan v2.0.3 I like and SD v mod too but I think Manhattan mod needs to look at some of the foriegn mods and see what it takes to make an awesome mod , its more than just shiny fire trucks and lots of buildings and pretty lights .

I've seen and played mods with details as stabilizing vehicles in wrecks and hazmat with oil dry or fully detaching a vehicle roof to pull patient from a wreck ,more relistic looking fires and equipment . Berlin v2 has one of the best call outs for apparatus' that I have seen on any mod and these mods run on fairly low end PC's .You don't need so much graphical glitz and glimmer to make a mod awesome , Manhattan v2.0.3 I like and SD v mod too but I think Manhattan mod needs to look at some of the foriegn mods and see what it takes to make an awesome mod , its more than just shiny fire trucks and lots of buildings and pretty lights .

Let's just ignore the moderators calls to stay on topic, cause that's always smart (sarcasm).

Nice work raf, you've done this one solo and it looks and plays great. I actually really enjoyed playing this version because there's no distractions, just get to knock down some fires which is what I've been missing in the game as we've got so concerned with models and maps and various little gameplay tweaks. Feels nice to be back at just the fire. Anyway the multiple floor system works great pretty impressed with that too hope to see it in Brooklyn mod too.

Off Topic and not continuing the discussion

If you don't like the mod don't download it. Simple as really. I think there's been so much abuse thrown at us since day one that that's the reason I've pretty much let Raf continue this with a new sub team.

Just think, if this actually was a community and the actual really good modders I've seen out there had, I don't know, leant a hand, or given advice or just given us an inch to work in, we could have been at this stage of balance far earlier. But from day one we've been hastled and harassed by members of all levels of the community. I think it's just a sad day when something we do as hobbies has to be analyzed and overthought buy a bunch of guys who at the end of the day we just enjoy playing the same game, a game we probably keep as our own little hobby. People seem to concerned with one up-ing than collectively just making something people enjoy. When I started making sh*tty reskins of the LA mod, people gave me support and got me into this whole modding stuff. Between me and Raf we learnt as much as we could about the game, spurred on by the few who gave us the time of day.

It's just a game, it's just a hobby, we've been 2 guys just having a laugh making a mod. So if we wanted to release 70 versions that's what we'll do, it's been fun and a massive learning curve. So yeah thanks for that raf and I admire that you're still putting stuff out there into the public to be absolutely torn down and ridiculed, takes balls every time we released something.

Anyway that's me out, not that most people will even take this in. Give me a warning if you want for continuing it, I'll get over it.

Dyson

x

Yeah, it doesn't take glitz n glamor, but in our defense, the german mods are not supposed to be simulating bustling cities with thousands of pedestrians on the streets and bumper to bumper traffic. What we were going for was something that had never been done before and we decided that making it look realistic as possible and as detailed and accurate as possible was more important than making it run on low spec computers perfectly. Its mostly our fault with the poor optimization we did, but I can promise that I will find a way to make Brooklyn Modification work on low spec PCs. Its not a good idea to compare mods though, especially german or european mods. The German modding community is incredibly skilled and talented and have a huge knowledge base on scripting and others. We are just working with 3 years past experience and learning as we go. We hope that Emergency 5 is a much more stable and optimized engine so that we won't have these CTDs and such in the future.

Nice work raf, you've done this one solo and it looks and plays great. I actually really enjoyed playing this version because there's no distractions, just get to knock down some fires which is what I've been missing in the game as we've got so concerned with models and maps and various little gameplay tweaks. Feels nice to be back at just the fire. Anyway the multiple floor system works great pretty impressed with that too hope to see it in Brooklyn mod too.

Off Topic and not continuing the discussion

If you don't like the mod don't download it. Simple as really. I think there's been so much abuse thrown at us since day one that that's the reason I've pretty much let Raf continue this with a new sub team.

Just think, if this actually was a community and the actual really good modders I've seen out there had, I don't know, leant a hand, or given advice or just given us an inch to work in, we could have been at this stage of balance far earlier. But from day one we've been hastled and harassed by members of all levels of the community. I think it's just a sad day when something we do as hobbies has to be analyzed and overthought buy a bunch of guys who at the end of the day we just enjoy playing the same game, a game we probably keep as our own little hobby. People seem to concerned with one up-ing than collectively just making something people enjoy. When I started making sh*tty reskins of the LA mod, people gave me support and got me into this whole modding stuff. Between me and Raf we learnt as much as we could about the game, spurred on by the few who gave us the time of day.

It's just a game, it's just a hobby, we've been 2 guys just having a laugh making a mod. So if we wanted to release 70 versions that's what we'll do, it's been fun and a massive learning curve. So yeah thanks for that raf and I admire that you're still putting stuff out there into the public to be absolutely torn down and ridiculed, takes balls every time we released something.

Anyway that's me out, not that most people will even take this in. Give me a warning if you want for continuing it, I'll get over it.

Dyson

x

Personally it doesn't really get to me when people down talk our mods. The only one that ever got to me was as soon as we released v2, the first 4 replies on the forums were so disrespectful and just really made me want to log out and never come back. "Dyson, you have ruined Manhattan Mod, v1 was better" and blah blah, I could care less what people say about our mod now, and I can tell the difference between constructive criticism and straight up shit. Im gonna keep developing for this game through good and bad until I feel like I wanna stop. Im not gonna let any 10 year old squeakers who can't even find the mods folder stop me. 

Here is to 50 More mods by Raf and Dyson, no matter how pointless they may be.

:holdglass:  :drink: