Freakinmusket

Vehicle crashes when spawned.

Hey guys, so as some of you may know, I'm working on the LA County submod, when I have time that is, and I am quite an experienced modder for EM4, and have made several models and implemented them in my mod. Now to the point, I made a water tender and when I placed it into the game, it shows up fine in the editor, but ingame, it causes it to crash to desktop, could it be that it is too many polys? It isn't the children, if anyone has any input, please help me out, thanks in advance!

Usually an issue with your XML files. Verify and rewrite your portraits.xml, vehicles.xml (If applicable), infotext.xml, as well as the xmls located in the unit folder. I had this issue for months and it turns out I had erased by mistake a greater than sign.

May be the xml file. Make sure the unit.xml refers to valid personnel ID's. The water tender has a water cannon I suppose? If so, I'd double check the superchilds (the watercannon) first and make sure the name of superchild is correct. What kind of vehicletype is the watertender?

Well I never actually edit the XML files because, quite frankly I didn't know I needed to, (learn something new every day haha), the tender does not have a water cannon, could it be the fact that I deleted it? The water tender is the same vehicle type as the one in your mod Hoppah. Thank you everyone for the replies, it's very much appreciated, I would love to get this mod out, it just takes a while when you're doing it all yourself haha.

If the vehicletype is TLF or LPF it must have a water cannon. Just like the DLK (Ladder vehicle) and GTF (hose conn vehicle) it has superchilds which must be added to the prototype. It's one of the hardcoded limits of the game. Without the childs -> crash. If you don't want a water cannon on your vehicle make sure the vehicletype is one that doesn't need a watercannon such as the RW.

No, there is not a list with specifics I think. Just check out the original EM4 vehicles (in the editor) to find out what each vehicle is and which superchilds are required for the type. If you don't know what each vehicletype does, you should play the original EM4 for a while. It's fairly easy.