999madtom

Emergency scenario (What would you do?)

You get called out to a disturbance at a gasoline station. When you arrive a woman takes a gallon of gas and a kid with her. You chase her into one of the washrooms in the gas station. She is holding the boy hostage with a knife. You whip out your tazer and point it at her. She dumps the gasoline on herself. What do you do 

You get called out to a disturbance at a gasoline station. When you arrive a woman takes a gallon of gas and a kid with her. You chase her into one of the washrooms in the gas station. She is holding the boy hostage with a knife. You whip out your tazer and point it at her. She dumps the gasoline on herself. What do you do

you got that from rookie blue didn't you? haha

Graal bot where did you think of that lol!

You're an ECP (Basically, a nurse who provides hospital care at the home) going to check on a old lady. However, you get there only to realize she's been dead for god knows how long and she is clearly visible in her dining room slumped over her Pot Noodle. You're about to call for police assistance when a mother comes running out of the house screaming 'Holy **** there is a dog in my house attacking my husband' You can hear the dog tearing into the man. You're also male, and this man will probably die in a few minutes without medical aid and someone neutralizing the dog.

whaddya do

You're an ECP (Basically, a nurse who provides hospital care at the home) going to check on a old lady. However, you get there only to realize she's been dead for god knows how long and she is clearly visible in her dining room slumped over her Pot Noodle. You're about to call for police assistance when a mother comes running out of the house screaming 'Holy **** there is a dog in my house attacking my husband' You can hear the dog tearing into the man. You're also male, and this man will probably die in a few minutes without medical aid and someone neutralizing the dog.

whaddya do

I would shout "SIT!" at the dog or some other thing like that and hopefully the dog would go away and then I would drag the guy outside (the dog is inside locked up) ask for an ambulance and give him some treatment.

Graal bot where did you think of that lol!

whaddya do

Scene isn't safe so I'm not going anywhere near the house with the dog. Can't help anyone if you get injured yourself. Call police and advise of both situations. You sorta make it sound like this is all happening in the same house; if that's the case, then yeah not going anywhere near the house. If these are two different houses, then I'll go to the residence of my patient and look for any signs of obvious death (Any mortises) , then do whatever needs to be done there depending on signs of death. 

Your wrestling someone twice your size on the ground and he's resisting arrest. Some man with a baseball bat comes and offers help. You tell him to stay back. He starts beating the man your trying to arrest with the bat. Whatyoudo?

As soon as the original man notices you going after the secondary, he gets up and starts running away

Arrest the Secondary, ask a member of the public to stay with them and then go arrest the original.

And call for backup when the secondary comes along.

Stop truck, start medical treatment, advise dispatch of status and request a ambulance and other units to handle the fire. Do what you can for the child (depending on skill level) until the ambulance arrives. Once the ambulance arrives you may have to stay on scene to give a statement or be questioned, if not continue on to the fire.

You're called into a supermarket (superstore). The casualty is at the opposite end of the shop/store. How do you make progress to the patient?

1) Walk in a calm but fast manor

2) Have the patient come to you

3) Run like the super hero you are (wearing a curtain for a cape and your boxers over your trousers/pants)

4) Race your colleague to the patient using the shop/store's mobility scooters.

You arrive at your patient. How do you assess your AVPU? (Alert, Voice, Pain, Unresponsive) Do you:

1) Kneel down and speak to them

2) Kneel down and nudge them

3) Shout at them whilst standing

4) Push their cheek with your boot

You've established that the patient is un-responsive. Do you:

1) check their Airways, breathing, circulation

2) Check they're breathing

3) slap them to try and wake them up

4) call it a day as it's time for lunch

You've established they're in need of CPR. Do you:

1) Commence CPR/BLS/ALS

2) Get a randomer to commence CPR

3) cut the kettle wire and shock them

4) check their wallet for money, it's time for a free lunch!

You've managed to resuscitate them. You've forgot your stretcher! Do you:

1) Send your crew mate back to the truck to get it

2) Go yourself and get it.

3) put them in a shopping trolly/cart and improvise

4) Drag them by their ankle 

You've got them in the Ambulance, Time to move. Do you:

1) Drive rapid and smooth to the most appropriate facility

2) Drive them Rapid and Smoothly to any hospital

3) Drive rapid and smoothly past McDonalds drive thu then onto hospital

4) Drive it like you stole it, GTA Style!!!

How did you score?

6 - 12: You did good. They will survive!

13- 18: Reduced chances of survival, but hey, you're happy with that

18+: Wow... you really didn't like this person eh? well... good job you were only on a "Be a para for a day" coupon day! :)