scrivs

Welfordshire Mod (in progress)

287 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Water Carrier/Tanker have a roof monitor/deck gun?

• Yes
    • No

Version 1 will be a large rural area, with two built up villages. The airport is just an idea I am playing with for a small version 2.

Update; the fire service side of the mod is pretty much done now. The parking in the bays at Rambleside is a bit tempermental (which I will need to look into) other than that, they are done.

Just need to finish the police and ambulance services and finish the map (which I've done quite a bit of work on today)

Version 1 will be a large rural area, with two built up villages. The airport is just an idea I am playing with for a small version 2.

Update; the fire service side of the mod is pretty much done now. The parking in the bays at Rambleside is a bit tempermental (which I will need to look into) other than that, they are done.

Just need to finish the police and ambulance services and finish the map (which I've done quite a bit of work on today)

How large has the fire service ended up being? :)

In my humblest of opinions (and that's all it is) I think you should make a comprehensive and realistic Uk mod, with towns and cities, rather than airports, I mean realistically an airport fire service actually has a real call (plane crash, large fire) once or twice in their careers 

I mean what would you do with police resources, how often are police ever actually doing things at airports other than security checks, same with medical services. In my own personal opinion, the game is designed and suited to a city/town environment but, alas thats just my two cents on the matter

I would love to see to see a British airport without any emrgency services ;) haha 

Awesome cant wait bro ;)

Sure in real life they have their functions, all I was saying was that they rarely doing much, at least with the fire service, and that the game works way better in a town city setting, but again, only an opinion :)

I think they could make it work ;) lol

Well guys, bit of news from us.

e34p has sent me over everything he's done, i'm in the process of adding my units etc... into the game. I say we're 70% done on the units, cant give a % on the whole mod just yet.  

The freeplay map is fully playable, e34p has done an astounding job with this, and he takes full credit for designing the map, building the buildings and adding/editing all the scripts!

Will have some map screen shots soon!

If you don't mind me asking what kind of new scripts are going to be in this mod?

Well there isnt any 'new' scripts, they are all scripts we've used from the downloads on the german forum. So far we've got alert retained firefighters, special door scripts, special lights, open/close lockers on the fire engines, extensive change clothes script. Each vehicle has multiple siren options. Water monitor for the hoses, divding breeches, automatic fire alarm script, stryker stretcher script to name but a few.

The fire stations have removeable roofs, openable doors (individually)

St John Ambulance Peugeot Boxer ambulance.

I've tried to make St. John Ambulances in my edits of the London Mod, and they look nothing like that, i can't seem to perfect the tiny stripes on the roof!

Awesome job, can't for this and the rural setting of the mod!

Well there isnt any 'new' scripts, they are all scripts we've used from the downloads on the german forum. So far we've got alert retained firefighters, special door scripts, special lights, open/close lockers on the fire engines, extensive change clothes script. Each vehicle has multiple siren options. Water monitor for the hoses, divding breeches, automatic fire alarm script, stryker stretcher script to name but a few.

The fire stations have removeable roofs, openable doors (individually)

Sounds really good!

How many will it be on the ambulance. Will it be 2 like in the Copenhagen mod and Us army mod or will it be 3 like in many other mods. I miself prefer 1 with a stretcher or the 2 guys on the ambulance takes the stretcher. Will you have to look after the air on the smokedivers (sorry if i say wrong)?. The mod look so good cant wait.