n00bingtarget

Has anyone tried to do a STEAMPUNK mod?

I downloaded 3dsMax from the student site at Autodesk, and am starting to try and teach myself about modeling. I've been playing with fixing the lights on the SCPD mod from NFS, and having some decent success there, so thought it might be time to look at trying to mod, but afraid this would be a big one.

Has anyone done a Steampunk Mod? Here are some examples of vehicles I thought would be cool, but at this point they are WAY over my head.

red-cross-ambulance-granger.jpg

n30_dny04027.jpg

tumblr_liojijHW5B1qgvvn1o1_500.jpg

Would there be any interest in something like this? If someone was interested, I'd give it a try but I'm just starting out so it'd be a LONG TIME coming.

That was my concern. I think for my first mod I'll go the basic reskin / submod route. Was just surfing while waiting for my double hernia surgery Monday and found those awesome pics and said to myself that would make an unique mod. But the more I think about it, the more work it would entail, not just the vehicles with odd things like non-standard wheels, but the smoke from the boiler, the theme specific civilians, the housing, and also the old forced air sirens and lots of clanging bells.

Oh well, thinking outside the box! MAYBE some day!

Heh, I'd like to see the helicopter for a steampunk mod... you know, some kind of weird blimp/autogyro/hot air balloon contraption.

Actually, did you really mean steampunk, or were you just thinking about a realistic vintage 1900s mod? Because those are two very different things.

Personally, I was toying around with the idea of doing a mod set in the 1950s/1960s. Not sure if I'll ever have time to work on this, though.

I've got the helo vooder. It can even lift vehicles n stuff.

wondermarkchopper.jpeg

Anyway, I'm not really interested in a mod based on fictional stuff. Or do you mean an early 20th century focused mod?

The only mod that I know of that is not set in modern times, is the old DDR mod.

fw.jpg

They are steamenginge vehicles, not steampunk. Just a little different ;)

The amount of work it'd take to create this kinda stuff would turn most modders away. Most people want the basic, known stuff they can run with, not having to recreate EVERYTHING in a fictional setting