Guest e34p

Changing a map

Ive made changes to a map in the editor and saved it. The changes show up in the game.

But when I send the map to someone else, it reverts back to the original map as if I'd never made any changes.

This also does the same for unit children, lights and commands that I've changed.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

I just send all the mos files and folders. But it's not just the map it's also any model files that I've changed in the editor, any children, lights and commands. They all revert back to the original as well

Yeah both use the same version. I haven't tried packaging the mod in the editor. I just sent the files. But I have tried packaging the mod in the installer and the same thing happened

Guest e34p

I've just tried packaging the mod in the installer but it's still doing the same thing. None of the changed commands, models, lights or children are there.

Any help would massively be appreciated

Guest e34p

Well basically it's two different accounts on my computer. They are both admins. But I have tried sending it to someone and the same thing happens.

Dyson, you've done a sub mod before, how did you go about saving it?

Guest e34p

Ah ok I'll try that when I'm at home.

Does that also mean I'll be able to save stuff straight into the mod files without having to save it to the desktop and then move it back into the mod files?

Guest e34p

I just tried it. Right clicked on editor and clicked 'use as administratir' Then opened the installer as administrator and packaged the mod.

It said it packaged successfully but when I installed the mod on another user account it said the mod was corrupt and when I opened it in the editor it didn't have any of the mod's stuff. Just the original game stuff.

Any ideas?

I have a Question, I change the map adding vehicles. How do you save the map. In the map editor I press save the map on editor. When I click ok a message comes up . Do you want to override the exsting map. Is that how you save the changes to the map and is that the same for F5 Editor. Changing out vehicle spots etc thanks.

"

'