goog

Police Force PC game

Microsoft should have bought the rights to that font (originally the MS Flight Simulator) and refused to license it to anyone else. (originally the MS Flight Simulator & Train Simulator font).

It's been overused by way too many rubbish games that try to pass as quality products.

That sounds like an unlikely fanboy rumor if I've ever heard one.

Googled a bit, found this.

The main subject of GTA 5 will be familiar to fans of the Grand Theft Auto series, as it once again finds the main character challenged by a crisis of conscience. The key difference, however, is that this main character actually begins the story as a good guy, whereas every GTA game prior provides a main actor who comes from the underbelly of society. GTA 5 places you in the shoes of a recently graduated police officer named either Rock or Brock (subject to change by Rockstar). You begin the Grand Theft Auto V as a workaday cop roaming the streets with your partner, chasing bad guys, giving tickets, police stuff. The game progresses through different modes as you climb (or fall) the ladder to SWAT training and duty, helicopter training and duty, the menial tasks of traffic duty hell, and ultimately Vice Detective duty. These levels gradually increase in difficulty as you progress in the game.

http://stevetigers.b...rings-both.html

How much of this is true, is yours personally to judge.

I would not be surprised if they introduce some small detective work, since LA Noire was quite a success.

If this is true, then I think they've realized that you can only take GTA so far before people get bored. Adding a new twist though could kill the game all together, as people may not want to play as a cop. Then again, it could revive the series ten times over.

That being said, I did manage to successfully mod that game, however:

Modelling was a million times harder than doing it with Em4. You essentially needed GTA IV quality models, built in 3ds Max, exported as a V3O to Em4 (this game is built on the same engine, hell it has most the same files as Em4, like exactly copy pasted, mission texts and all, only changing what was needed) to set it up, then take said model, change to a .model filetype, using an outside converter, which I do believe is like 500 bucks, then you have to put both in the game and pray they work, which they probably won't the first few times.

Em4 New vehicle = 27 hours, from scratch for mid level

Polizei/Police/WTF they're calling it now = 56 hr for advanced from scratch

How much of this is true, is yours personally to judge.

I would not be surprised if they introduce some small detective work, since LA Noire was quite a success.

Honestly, the likeliest answer is "none". Rockstar Games has not released any other detail about the game apart from the trailer, and seeing as other much more believable "leaks" have been proven bogus (such as the supposed map leak), this one doesn't hold the least bit of credibility for me.

Besides, listen closely to the voiceover in the trailer... "I wanted to retire... from that line of work... be a good guy for once". That doesn't sound at all like your average rookie cop fresh out of the academy, now, does it? Lest we forget the voice actor also sounds rather middle-aged, and someone who may or may not be the main character of the game is seen bursting out of a van with an assault rifle and the clear intent to rob a bank.

It's a safe bet that GTA will never be played from the other side of the law - at least not for the whole game and with the same depth as you describe (for starters, even the name of the game wouldn't be fitting anymore - might as well rename it "Police Quest" and reboot the classic 90s franchise).

Right now, I'd say the only believable rumor about GTA so far (and which would be revolutionary on its own for the series) is the possibility of having two or more playable main characters in the game. This was hinted in the trailer as the voiceover (and the man prominently shown on screen) is a middle-aged white man, while there are also many shots of a black man wearing a white tank top.

If the GTA4 trailer is any indication, Rockstar usually uses the main character and some of the in-game cutscenes when doing a machinima trailer (if you look closely the blue car and grey sedan at the beginning of the GTA4 trailer, they're driven by Niko). The GTA5 trailer seems more cutscene-intensive, but if you look at the cars being driven, they're either driven by the white guy (blue convertible, black "Audi R8" convertible) or the black guy (jetski, red convertible with the retractible roof, same car again during the police chase at the end).

If this is true, then I think they've realized that you can only take GTA so far before people get bored. Adding a new twist though could kill the game all together, as people may not want to play as a cop. Then again, it could revive the series ten times over.

That being said, I did manage to successfully mod that game, however:

Modelling was a million times harder than doing it with Em4. You essentially needed GTA IV quality models, built in 3ds Max, exported as a V3O to Em4 (this game is built on the same engine, hell it has most the same files as Em4, like exactly copy pasted, mission texts and all, only changing what was needed) to set it up, then take said model, change to a .model filetype, using an outside converter, which I do believe is like 500 bucks, then you have to put both in the game and pray they work, which they probably won't the first few times.

Em4 New vehicle = 27 hours, from scratch for mid level

Polizei/Police/WTF they're calling it now = 56 hr for advanced from scratch

I must say that GTA IV has awesome mods. I've seen some on YouTube and they just transform the game, like the ELS and Trainer mods. You can make it a firefighter game if ya want to!