salvador.c

No more ford crown victoria?

Hello!

Well, I don't know if this affects the Ford Interceptor, which is the Police version of the Crown Vic.

There was however another thread about this a while ago.

Edit: Here it is!

Edited by Xandarb

I cried when I heard that, and still appears tears in my eyes when everytime I remember that **everyday** :(

I can't see the new ford interceptors, are the ugliest cars that ford has made. Stupid ford company, I can't even see the 2013 ford models, those are Ford's worst looking cars so far.

Welcome to last year's news. The last Crown Vic rolled off the assembly line in September 2011.

As of now, the Ford Police Interceptor is based on the Taurus, and I'm guessing deliveries ought to be starting any time now. However, it seems many departments have stockpiled Crown Vics, are buying reserve supplies or are considering shifting to other manufacturers, as the Taurus PI does not meet their expectations.

And older. Remember, sure it's cheaper, but realistically, you have many departments with strict vehicle limitations for milage. It's like sell after 30,000 miles, or something like that. It varies from department to department, but you get my point. You're buying them at say 2/3 of the original price, and there is already 10k miles on it. Now you're suddenly getting two third the usage out of it. If that, and there isn't a warranty or anything like that still there more than likely. This becomes a problem when they're presented with having to re-buy and re-equip the new cars, because sure some things can be carried over, others can't, like dividers, push bars, etc. As most are tailor made to a certain vehicle.

Within 5 years, the CVPI will be a rarity in police forces, especially the large ones. Personally, we did away with them 8 years ago, and opted for the impalas and chargers. Better for our current conditions. CVPIs were too big, and didn't meet our requirements.

I think ford did themselves in when they booted out the CVPI though, as not many people will want an interceptor, as it just doesn't meet many qualifications, yet almost every major department in the western world had cvpi's on their force.

Oh well, I personally have always been a fan of chargers as cop cars

Maybe the era of V8-powered police cruisers is slowly coming to an end...

Just look at the NYPD... they're introducing Nissan and Ford hybrids, Priuses, Volts... There's a good chance that more and more departments - especially in large metropolitan areas - will switch to fuel-efficient vehicles.

Rural/suburban departments will stick more with speed and power I think, but inner-cities as you said are starting to add more fuel efficent vechiles due to high traffic and not much of a need for speeds over 100 mph.

I love ford Crown Victoria!

I can`t imagine USA Police and taxis at NY whitout crown Vic!

Its the same the typical Ny engine`s are more than just a fire fighting truck! it`s a symbol of New York!

+10000

And I can't imagine cars like the volt or the E7 patroling...

They should made an Eco Ford Crown, hybrid model but still nice and powerful, not like the volt or the prius, or those electrical cars that are ugly as hell. I know everything in this world can't be nice, but why do they make all the electrical and the new cars so ugly?

I don't know why they can't do beautiful cars as Crown Victoria but hybrids and more eco-friendlies...

They stopped making ford crown vics for private people, however for commercial and government use they're still making them.

Wrong.

As I said, the last Crown Vic ever rolled off the assembly line in September 2011. The Panther platform (Crown Vic, Grand Marquis and Town Car) was discontinued by Ford and is no longer being produced - as a matter of fact, the factory where it was produced is now closed.

Ford has stopped accepting orders for CVPIs since April 2011 and has been redirecting their customers to the TPI since then.

So, no, there aren't any more Crown Vics being made, period.

Wrong.

As I said, the last Crown Vic ever rolled off the assembly line in September 2011. The Panther platform (Crown Vic, Grand Marquis and Town Car) was discontinued by Ford and is no longer being produced - as a matter of fact, the factory where it was produced is now closed.

Ford has stopped accepting orders for CVPIs since April 2011 and has been redirecting their customers to the TPI since then.

So, no, there aren't any more Crown Vics being made, period.

Wrong.

I know for fact that ford is selling crown vics to Local, State, and Federal Governments. It even says it on the ford fleet website.

It's a fact that the last Crown Vic has rolled off the assembly line in September, and that the St. Thomas assembly plant, which produced the Panther platform, is now closed. (Source) (Other source) So, no, they're not making them anymore.

As for selling them, well... it's possible that they're liquidating the remaining 2011 stock produced before the plant closed down, although I find that strange since demand has apparently been very high for the last produced CVs, so they'd likely already be assigned to existing orders.

Numerous sources do indeed mention that Ford stopped taking orders for the CVPI in April 2011, although I can't find any official confirmation of this from Ford. As for the web site, it could very well just be a matter of needing an update - that seems like the kind of corporate clients web site that doesn't get updated as thoroughly as the main consumer-oriented site.

So, in short, it's not completely impossible that Ford would still have a few 2011 CVPIs in their stock that they're trying to get rid of... But otherwise, seeing as they're trying to move forward in 2012 with the Taurus Interceptor, I'd say that's the product they'd be pushing to their customers.

aha I like Audi A8 Crown vic and Mercedes. are classy cars :cool:

Mine Chevrolet Impala '67, Plymouth Roadrunner '71-72, here a doubt with some other muscle cars, and Ford Crown. Pure power :cool:

supernatural-burnout.jpg

OR a aston martin whit a gatling machine gun, a rocket launcher and maybe I don`t know but can add a wine machine...

Do you mean something like this? ;)

interesting_nifty_funny_amazing_Econo-Tank20090724130616531.jpg