Sorry for the double post The time between post posts is almost a week.

Hey guys! I have some great news! I finally figured out the last CTD that has been popping up for me. It was actually due to graphics issues. All the vehicles in the submod had skin sizes to their max, causing too much interference with the graphics. So I lowered them as far as I could without completely distorting the quality of the skin. Causing the CTD to go away and for players with basic computers like myself, to be able to play smoothly.

In other news, pictures are finally popping up of the new sheriffs vehicles. If models are made, I hope to get them placed in the submod!

269362_471882426157510_815741477_n.jpg

28157_489870807734287_672379247_n.jpg

Glad you got the CTD fixed, shame you had to reduce the quality though. However I doubt it will make much of a difference for game play and for people with weak computers it will be a very good thing. Its really nice t hear that the mod progressing toward release.

Hey guys, I have some updates for ya! Two days work on engine's 2313 & 2414! Plus bonus footage!

Please remember the in-game graphics are not to be portrayed as the below video shows. The clarity is tremendously better.

Heres engine 2313 and the video of the real lights.

The only non realistic light is the center white strobe on the lightbar.

http://youtu.be/2jttLGhyki4

Real video:

Engine 2414

http://youtu.be/cMo4ECpoD7A

Real Video:

some great updates marshall really pleased to see your progress mate i know being involved with another mod team I am probably your competitor but I don't see myself that way I believe this community should work together so if when the time comes you would like a reliable tester let me know I know you did mention to me before but was kinda busy at the time but am ok to test now when testing is ready

If I may propose a easy to implement concept here: Emergency Medical Responders. (First Responders) Many people across the country are certified EMRs and on vacation or just in their home town and have all their medical equipment with them in their unmarked POVs. I suggest making a EMR person and giving them the stabilize command along with a few others (get and set flares, cones and stop traffic) and having them in civilian vehicles (all you can do is turn on the hazard lights and patrol). These units would wander the map and if they were close to a emergency the could help. This seems like a fairly simple addition as all you would have to do is add functions to a existing civilian unit and person.

Thats a good idea. I may add that, but if I do, Ill only be adding one person. At the moment, I have one volunteer paramedic already on map, along with some of the rigs have paramedics on them. The only issue is, they would have to obey traffic laws. Meaning if the player commands them to respond, they will respond just like an emergency vehicle.

The amount of medical calls is pretty low. Low enough to where there will always be enough ambulances to respond. But more frequent than any other event (based on real events in Ravenna).

True about the traffic laws EMRs and even VFFs (in my state) are "supposed" to obey all traffic laws. A lot depends on how they are organized. Some are EMRs through their employer, a lot of federal employees are EMRs and big factories sometimes have them too, these EMRs would not have any warning lights on their cars so they would have to respond with traffic. However EMRs who are organized through the fire department would likely have warning equipment and would likley be granted some leeway in regards to traffic laws. And yeah I was just thinking one guy in a nondescript sedan or something, no need to have the map crawling with EMRs when it would not be in real life.

Okay, heres what it means for volunteers around here. I dont know if its different anywhere else or not, since Im not much into firefighting as I am with law.

Ravenna city and twp. are operated by the city/government; as for every fire department close to me. Ravenna does not, but departments close to here offer volunteerism. Which means for them to come out and help work on a call or if they are close they can respond first. Ideas as that. It does not mean the department is all volunteer. It just means people may volunteer their time and effort into helping the city's fire department.

And sure, what script are you referring to? If it requires any language changing, any script or any work on the script at all I cannot accept it. I have absolutely no idea on scripting.

Im not trying to sound mean in any of this in any way, although it may sound like it. But many people believe Im talking about the actual fire department being all volunteer.

In other news:

I made a visit to Ravenna city fd today and took many pics! I also noticed they updated ambulance 2311. So Ill be working on that tonight now. I was able to record a video of the lights on the ladder, but thanks to my camera, it didnt come out very well. So Ill be going back to get a video of the lights on 2311 sometime soon, maybe tomorrow. I do hope to stop and the township's station tomorrow to pics of their apparatus . And maybe a video or two. Well time to get to work!

Just to add on about NE Ohio FDs & Volunteers

Ohio Volunteer Firefighters are trained and certified after a 36 hour course (Just enough to get you hurt they say)

They may go on to FF1 (120 hours) or FF2 (240+ hours) if they choose to.

There are 100% volunteer departments which leave the station unstaffed and most respond to scene or station when the call comes in.

There are departments making a transition to day-time staffing of peak hours in which they pay 2-3 vollies to man the station. More departments are doing this as volunteers (especially in NE Ohio are becoming more rare)

There are combination part-time/volunteer departments which is self-explanatory.

And there are Fulltime (Career) departments and combination Career/Part-time Departments. These departments put out "manpower" pages when a call comes in and the duty crew leaves the station, at which time the part-timers and full-timers that are off duty respond in to man the station and get paid by the hour to do so, if it is a decent call they may end up going as well and another manpower page goes out or a mutual aid company covers their district for other calls.

Career departments may also operate an "auxillary" which doesn't do emergency responses but more of a support role including anything from fundraisers to on scene rehab / red cross type duties.

All departments in Ohio (and the country really) utilize automatic & mutual aid. Automatic aid being when a certain type of call comes in such as a structure fire, the dispatch protocol is to dispatch the nearest Mutual Aid department the same time as the home department. Mutual Aid being when other departments are called in on MABAS boxes (Mutal Aid Box Alarm System which much of NE Ohio utilizes) or special called to help.

If I may propose a easy to implement concept here: Emergency Medical Responders. (First Responders) Many people across the country are certified EMRs and on vacation or just in their home town and have all their medical equipment with them in their unmarked POVs. I suggest making a EMR person and giving them the stabilize command along with a few others (get and set flares, cones and stop traffic) and having them in civilian vehicles (all you can do is turn on the hazard lights and patrol). These units would wander the map and if they were close to a emergency the could help. This seems like a fairly simple addition as all you would have to do is add functions to a existing civilian unit and person.

Problem I see AHA & NREMT- First Resonders aren't cleared to do very much as far as scope of practice and when not operating under Medical Control amount to about the same as a savvy bystander. The only gear they would carry if any at all would be simple first aid kits and a CPR mask. So they wouldn't be able to do much as far as medically stablizing people, AED & CPR for cardiac arrest and C-Spine or Bleeding control for trauma is about it. If you're going for realisitic game play the only calls they could make a marked difference in (generally) is cardiac arrest or MVCs. Just my opinion.

In general the EMRs (first responders) would probably only ever be seen on the scene of a MVA. The EMRs I have worked with are either with local departments or are from out of town departments and happen to be on vacation. As I am a EMR with my Volunteer Department I keep my bag with me in the car and take it with me on long trips just in case I see a MVA.