Xplorer4x4

So Yeah...Its Official

I was thinking of making a come back to modding, but all to quickly I have been reminded of just why I left! Every single day since I returned and opened my PM box I have some kid PMing me asking me something that can be asked on the forum. For those who can not figure it out, the PRIVATE MESSAGE system is not meant to be a method of priority support! It is, as the name applies, for PRIVATE matters! If you have a question, use the forum. If we all used the PM system every time we had a question, the forum would be dead. Software like Invision Power Board(or in laymen terms, this forum software) is developed for people to post opinions and discussions! If we all used the PM system there would be no point in Stan paying for the forum every month.

Oh yeah would a capable staff member please disable my PM box completely? Can't figure out how to do it in IPB now.

Guilty parties:

Jazzer, MLDRMB, hoghead47, shadow1994, tzero, adamknightley, LAMODFAN!, statepatrol22, TravisRosborough, chrisfarmer13, Eddieman, paramedic of italy, ontarioboy, FInn Rescue 12, littlesm91, Sawdbuster, mecoreyme, cromaximuss, MoonCressler, theande4, jashaun1, rafaelmfernandez, clarkcounty184

PS: To any staff, if you feel the need to remove the guilty parties, fine, but please leave the rest of the message in tact. Thanks!

Hey my name is on there! :D

Listen did you ever think the reason I pmed you was because I didnt want to post the question on the forum and It was something I was trying to keep on the inside. You flipped out on me without even apologizing or allowing me to apologize. I found that really inaproapriate. Anyways now I have another thread up thank to you. Hopefully I can find out and get the script resolved. If someone asked me for help hoping for me to help them I would not go an All caps rage I would simply redirect them..

Hey my name is on there! :D

Listen did you ever think the reason I pmed you was because I didnt want to post the question on the forum and It was something I was trying to keep on the inside. You flipped out on me without even apologizing or allowing me to apologize. I found that really inaproapriate. Anyways now I have another thread up thank to you. Hopefully I can find out and get the script resolved. If someone asked me for help hoping for me to help them I would not go an All caps rage I would simply redirect them..

Maybe you should rethink how you approach people. Had you started off telling me who the fluff you are like: "Hey Xplorer, I am soandso the leader of the WTC mod" I would have responded much differently. Instead, you started off "Hey, Ive been trying to create a script for the battalion chief." I stopped reading right there because your opener was just like every other kid who wants help with something that belongs on the forum.

My comment is very simple. To those who have problems, act friendly, I refuse to help anyone demanding for help, if they ask nicely, and try to work with me, I will, otherwise, have fun not getting help.

I'm going to say though it's a two way street. If you're nice, people will not pester, and they'll learn to work on their own, depending on the answers that you give. If you're a modder, you understand the work, and if you don't want to be a helper, then don't answer. If you want to help someone, do it, but make sure they understand how to do it on their own next time so you don't get bothered again. Ignoring PMs means they don't re-message you most times. You may also block people (i think)