Xplorer4x4

Can you say RIP-OFF?!

I love the Taurus. Is it the paint job? Vic isn't as sharp, sexy and smooth looking as the replacement interceptor ( Ford Taurus) . And hopefully the Taurus won't be so boat like as the Vic, the town car and the Grand Marquis. Not saying I don't like the Vic but it will be cool to see new blood in cop cars. The cool thing about the Taurus is that it's a popular civilian car and so now under-covers will be even harder to make out on the road so. Lol makes me want to get one. :)

I like the tarus, however, I really like the Vic due to size and personally what I think should stay the base patrol car. Good power, handling, and space. I've never been in a tarus squad so we'll see.

I love the Taurus. Is it the paint job? Vic isn't as sharp, sexy and smooth looking as the replacement interceptor ( Ford Taurus) . And hopefully the Taurus won't be so boat like as the Vic, the town car and the Grand Marquis. Not saying I don't like the Vic but it will be cool to see new blood in cop cars. The cool thing about the Taurus is that it's a popular civilian car and so now under-covers will be even harder to make out on the road so. Lol makes me want to get one. :)

Of course it is the paint job lol. Do you see anything else that is the same? I assure you the Taurus is not a boat. I test drove one awhile back, and it was bad ass. I have also drive a Town Car and Grand Marques as rentals. There nice and trust me, there not the joke they appear to be! They are big but they are surprisingly agile for there size. Are they as agile as a sports car? Hell no but it is a big car that handles surprisingly well and has a ton of power. When I buried that gas pedal you better believe that V8 kicked me back in my seat. As for the Taurus being popular, yes they are right now because there a cheap car. The new models are not cheap. The older model Taurus which is now retired, could be picked up for about $12K brand new. The new Taurus that serves as the base for the new Interceptor, is a completely different story. The base price, with just the basic amenities comes in around $20,000 if not higher. So it will be a few years before the price drops to where more people can afford them and they really start to populate the street. So early on, the new Taurus will stand out, but as time progresses your right it will blend in more, even more so when the first Generation starts getting retired. I had a buddy who picked up a retired Vic for like $1,500 and it even had working lights to some extent(headlights and spot light).

Yeah, popular for 80 year olds or any retired people lol

The Taurus? You mean the Crown Vic? Around here plenty of people drive them who are not even 30. I have two friends who drive a Taurus. Back in high school I knew a few people that drove a Tarus. One guy had an SHO model that was supposedly pretty fast.

As for the rip off part of the topic, it's not that I dislike the new paint job. It doesn't look half bad but they couldn't come up with a black and white design that wasnt a rip off of the demo package of the new Interceptor?

I for one really can't wait to see some police chases, where for once, the cop has the roaring v8 :D

The vics do have a v8 :P

Hi, Xplorer4x4, It's nice to see you around.

Thank ya!

Wow CFD thinkin the same thing bout you lol.

I thinkits a ford official paint job or something rather, whatever I'm going to watch south park

Not sure, our Sheriff dept is ditching a two tone brown/tan paint job for a plain white paint job because its cheaper and easier since they just have to slap decals on it.

Am I the only one here who thinks it looks kinda cool?

It looks ok for a demo car, for an actual fleet unit? Not so much imo..