valmiustila

Where is NY mod?

It's your mod, and you are entitled to build it your way. However, you can't blame the fanbase for feeling like we will never see it. Dyson and the NY mod guys have produced playable versions of NY maps that are great. Both teams are coming out with nice new maps that will make us all very happy. They started smaller, built on from there, but most importantly they have given us something to play. Your mod may be the greatest thing since sliced bread. But what you don't understand is that we just want to play the game. The other teams have released a lot of info about where they are going, and have built up a lot of good will with the fans. We are pulling for them to be great. We are pulling for you guys as well. You could biuld some good will by not trying to be perfect, and releasing a playable version. In one or two years it may be too late....

It's your mod, and you are entitled to build it your way. However, you can't blame the fanbase for feeling like we will never see it. Dyson and the NY mod guys have produced playable versions of NY maps that are great. Both teams are coming out with nice new maps that will make us all very happy. They started smaller, built on from there, but most importantly they have given us something to play. Your mod may be the greatest thing since sliced bread. But what you don't understand is that we just want to play the game. The other teams have released a lot of info about where they are going, and have built up a lot of good will with the fans. We are pulling for them to be great. We are pulling for you guys as well. You could biuld some good will by not trying to be perfect, and releasing a playable version. In one or two years it may be too late....

I see your point, and therefore it's good there is different mods that you can play.

But when I say that we start from scratch, with only the graphics engine taken into our mod, I do mean we start from scratch. So far every mod have been built up on the base Em4, and that is what differs our mod from others. We don't just say "Oh, well. There might be a little mistake on the engine but no-one will notice", because we want it to be completely perfect and we will make sure everything is completely as it should be. About the base Em4, we're creating a complete new base. A complete new one, and that's what takes so much time. This is really semi-game-developing on a very high level, since the really entire base will be changed.

I as said, do see your point. But the thing is, we work 99,9% realism, since 100% is never possible in a game. We want everything from the real life put in, hell, we even want the dust on the pavement located where it is in real life too. That's why, the stuff takes so damn long, and that's why you might get the impression it's not coming out. But literally dragging NYC into a video game is a really big task.

To quickly explain the game base thing:

Pretty much every mod out there is only visually. Few mods have some new scripts implanted into the huge Em4 game base, which sure is effective, but not large in the scale of the Em4 base. Recreating this entire thing can most easily be translated this way; The mod will be a new game, with Em4 graphics. Yep, that's probably the best cover.

The reason we don't give out an (in our eyes) unfinished version is because we are all perfectionists, and we all want this to be just as it should be.

We want the damn halligan tool to be used. We want the damn hoses to be in system. We want the damn ladders to be used, and we want some god damn realism.

Now, using the same expression again, most mods have the following: Very often big accidents, 5 calls at the same time, responsetime on less than a minute and it keeps going that way. We feel it even more fun ti fight a trash can fire realistically than fighting a power plant fire with cannons on the roof.

I hope you get the point.

The best regards from here.

I see your point, and therefore it's good there is different mods that you can play.

But when I say that we start from scratch, with only the graphics engine taken into our mod, I do mean we start from scratch. So far every mod have been built up on the base Em4, and that is what differs our mod from others. We don't just say "Oh, well. There might be a little mistake on the engine but no-one will notice", because we want it to be completely perfect and we will make sure everything is completely as it should be. About the base Em4, we're creating a complete new base. A complete new one, and that's what takes so much time. This is really semi-game-developing on a very high level, since the really entire base will be changed.

I as said, do see your point. But the thing is, we work 99,9% realism, since 100% is never possible in a game. We want everything from the real life put in, hell, we even want the dust on the pavement located where it is in real life too. That's why, the stuff takes so damn long, and that's why you might get the impression it's not coming out. But literally dragging NYC into a video game is a really big task.

To quickly explain the game base thing:

Pretty much every mod out there is only visually. Few mods have some new scripts implanted into the huge Em4 game base, which sure is effective, but not large in the scale of the Em4 base. Recreating this entire thing can most easily be translated this way; The mod will be a new game, with Em4 graphics. Yep, that's probably the best cover.

The reason we don't give out an (in our eyes) unfinished version is because we are all perfectionists, and we all want this to be just as it should be.

We want the damn halligan tool to be used. We want the damn hoses to be in system. We want the damn ladders to be used, and we want some god damn realism.

Now, using the same expression again, most mods have the following: Very often big accidents, 5 calls at the same time, responsetime on less than a minute and it keeps going that way. We feel it even more fun ti fight a trash can fire realistically than fighting a power plant fire with cannons on the roof.

I hope you get the point.

The best regards from here.

I understand. If you were to search my posts, you would find that I am constantly asking for more realism. I personally applaud what you guys are doing. If I had the skills, I would have done the same thing, but in parts. I think this is where you and I differ. You guys want to deliver a perfect finished product. I would have delivered such a mod in parts. Maybe three or four versions with some nice big updates and some fresh new things. I personally like the Manhattan Mod team's approach. Pictures, videos, vague timetables, but specific enough that people aren't constantly harassing them about release dates (to my knowledge). The NY Mod team is doing some of the same, but updating less. This is cool. They told us that it would be six months or longer, a few months back. Again, nobody is pestering them for release dates in the forum. We will wait for this mod. What else can we do? I'm sure that we will enjoy it greatly when it comes out. I personally, wish we could get more updates. That would keep this game on everyone's radar instead of on the back burner. A little bit of good will goes a long way........

Hmm, I will always have my reservations about this mod, what we have seen has been amazing that is true, but we haven't seen really anything past the tip of the iceberg, and as much as I really want it to be released, I can never see it being anything more than a myth circulating the EM4 forums of what could have been. I think if they tone down their level of perfection to a mod level rather than an almost new game we would see rewarding results fast, but that's not how they role, never will. That's just my opinion, I still love the mod, just think we'll never see it :( haha

The reason we don't put out media right now is because we simply have nothing cool to show you at this moment.

We're working extremely on making the scripts and the models go together, and once they do this, we start skinning them and mapping. We hit a major bump earlier. Our map was a complete scale failure, which took a lot of effort, so now we're gonna be on the sure side. I promise you, you will see more updates from us, but we cannot estimate when you will.

And at Jakethejake;

I actually did look up a few of your posts, and I see you do like realism.

Our way of approach is like the ERS mod. We come with a finished product and release that, once we feel like it, and then we keep updating it via. SVN once we feel something needs an update. We want to put the realism on a max, but this is not possible if you finish half of what is actually in the precinct you are gonna play. We want to make sure once you respond to a call where a rescue is needed, the rescue from the actual area will come. This is a major part of the realism, and see this as an example. We want such realism in every aspect, and then we will update with new vehicles and so on afterwards. We would update new posibilities for tactics for the FDNY, but we wanna make sure this is some rare used ones so all the regular used techniques will be performed by the player. That's important to us.

And Dyson, please keep in mind: We mostly do this mod for ourselves, but we're all friendly to give it out. We wouldn't desert the mod, since we all have a relationship to the emergency services in NY, and we all want to feel like we're near them, if just it's a computer game or the actual reality.

Highlights:

We will release images and footage of the mod once the visuals is ready to do so.

We will for sure release the mod, it will never be killed, never, ever.

Yeah, also if they were to release it now, you would be wowed but to a "limit" since they're not done. You wouldn't want Dyson to release his mod now when his units aren't done, map isn't finished, or sirens and sounds dealt with but had new scripts implemented now would ya? Same with these guys. You saw what showed up on the last page, A FERRARA R1! What else needs to be proven to you guys that they're still workin this mod? And Shadylasse is working with them AND breaking it down to you on what they do! That has to reassure you at some point! I agree, as should everyone else here, that I wanna use meh damn truck! I wanna see the stick go up and use 5-6 people to run up on it venting as they get to the roof or doing SAR in the building! I wanna use the engine crew as much as possible except for just suppression and maybe car accidents. I wanna see that BC chief roll up in his excursion on a fully involved taxpayer fire, take out his command board and start doing chiefy things like he's supposed to do...not just stand there and be eye candy for the game! Same with Satellites (You have like 100 new fire units right? Should be in there lol), ESU trucks (Really need to use those!), and all the busses I can handle (ambulances) too! So guys please be patient, this isn't a hoax, they want everything to as great as possible so you don't have to whine and ask for more. Have some respect and say "Good job guys, keep on goin kay? (dispatcher talk lol)" because it would be hard enough to do what they were doing too and still be beaten down by others for taking too long so give them the.....will...the....hope and determination to go on. Be nice and if you are still yearning to see more, look at the pics on their forum topic. That should be more than enough to satisfy you guys. PEACE! Oh and Dysons mod should be able to calm you down somewhat at least for a good while. Trust me haha so great job NY mod guys.

I just want to clarify that I am not asking anyone to release an unfinished product. I certainly understand and appreciate what these guys are trying to do. I also hope that it works out. I would really love to play this mod.

It all comes down to communication with the fans. The other day, Dyson noted that he was having a hard drive problem that needed to be looked at. He fixed it and continued work. The point is that anybody who reads these forums can get a basic idea of what is going on with the Manhattan Mod because the team keeps us informed. On the flip side, we all have no idea what is going on with the original NY mod. So we speculate, etc. Now that I know about a mapping issue, I am much more sympathetic to their cause. Us being informed is a good thing for a couple of reasons. First, some of the more technical guys here can offer help with solving a problem. Second, it informs members here that there are delays, and to give the mod creators some space. It creates an all around feeling of good will towards the mod. I am not asking for pictures, videos, etc. I am stating my opinion that if you were a bit more informative with what you were doing and where you were at, you would recieve a lot more help and encouragement. However, this is just my opinion.......

Well that's alright. But we're very different from Dyson on many areas, also the way we release items. We don't show or say much since we want the complete wow effect to hit you like a bullet :)

But let me just note it as we have had a lot of difficulties both in real life and in the modding section. That's an eventual delay reason. The current New York Modification has been half a year in progress. The 2 and a half other years went doing other concepts, but these are thrown away and we're now working fully on our final concept, the one that for sure will be used.

No offense bro, but I, like many others here, do it as my profession. You aren't going to give me anything that I haven't done in real life. (Except for the fireboats). I will be more blown away that the mod is actually released than by anything that is in the game.........As for the difficulties, I am sorry to hear that, and hope that things get better for you.

I hear you Shadylasse. I like your approach to the way you are developing your mod. Personally, I'd rather have it be released as a big surprise much like the NY Mod was. So many folks in this community have ideas for new mods, start a topic, maybe post a few pics........and maybe 3-5% of them actually get released. There are 3 things I take from this:

1. People don't know how to properly start and finish a project.

2. Modding is probably ridiculously hard and perhaps harder than most mod creators anticipate.

3. People like the attention.

I check the forums everyday for news/updates. Dyson's mod looks awesome and I can't wait to see it, when or if it comes out. But if you look at their forum topic, it's essentially 168 pages of completely useless comments/questions. Maybe 40 pages alone are people asking for release dates. Another 40 pages of "looks so cool". 40 more pages of ridiculous requests from the community. Do I feel like I need to be kept up-to-date on how their PCs are doing? No. Do I need to know when they're going to start working on the mod again? Not really. Do I think the pics that they've released look fantastic? Absolutely.

I only wish I could build my own mod. But at the end of they day, it's your mod. You have no obligation to "fans" to release pictures. You don't need to gather goodwill from the community by giving us updates on what you're working on. You'll get all the goodwill your team needs by just releasing a flawless product.

P.S. I think from a psychological standpoint, the more a mod creator gives updates etc., the more the community is going to ask for release dates. Give people an inch and they'll take a foot. That aggravates the ish out of me, especially since ya'll are essentially doing this for free.

P.P.S. That Rescue 1 is lookin good.

I check the forums everyday for news/updates. Dyson's mod looks awesome and I can't wait to see it, when or if it comes out. But if you look at their forum topic, it's essentially 168 pages of completely useless comments/questions. Maybe 40 pages alone are people asking for release dates. Another 40 pages of "looks so cool". 40 more pages of ridiculous requests from the community. Do I feel like I need to be kept up-to-date on how their PCs are doing? No.

hmm I agree noone likes endless pages of off topic, but I think you have to bear in mind, up until the NY mod topic closed they had released less info than us, yet had just as many pages, so you can't really call us for that ;).

As for attention, this is a issue a few people have mentoned, I think anyone that does anything does it for a reason, personally I get a great buzz out of getting stuff done with Rafael, then we're so impressed with how it looks we want to show it off. If you call that attention, then sure I crave the attention, but whatever... ;)

I think you have to remember the two mods are very different, ours is a DIY because the mods you joined the forums to follow never materialized. Whereas the NY mod is a super team of modders all working towards perfection, the only thing we have in common is the area. :)

No offense bro, but I, like many others here, do it as my profession. You aren't going to give me anything that I haven't done in real life. (Except for the fireboats). I will be more blown away that the mod is actually released than by anything that is in the game.........As for the difficulties, I am sorry to hear that, and hope that things get better for you.

I bet you like to be surprised then, because it will come out once we're done with it.

The thing I find the most annoying throughout this topic is the fact that once stuff is done differently, people get annoyed.

We don't do it like all other mods, posting new images every week, since we want to surprise you, and in the end, this is all very good. You will be happy we didn't show much when we have it released, because then you can sit, look through a complete new map with no idea how the mod is on the first call. Exactly like a rookie in the FD, he have been on all of the training stages (this is you, from what info you got about the mod and the tutorial you will go through), but it will be nothing like responding to your first call. You'll achieve that feeling by having no knowledge before the mod is actually released. However, we break that a little and show few photos and videos and so on.

That we do this in another way than all other mods doesn't mean ours wont come out. It just means it will come out differently.

And Jake, you and I are not very different, since I love realism with all my heart. This mod will be worth waiting for if you feel the same about realism.

Shadylasse just stop defending your mod ;)

If people dont want to wait and are just complaining let them. Im jelous cause I wanted to strive for your type of mod where everything was changed like ERS berlin and RTS mod but dyson wasnt up for that so we met in the middle. We have a completely custom map 5 or 6 six will be default em4 buildings but the rest are all new. I wish i had the patience you and your team have but I just dont. I know probably as soon as your mod is done people will probably throw the manhattan mod in the bucket and go for yours (I hope not we worked hard) but you deserve support for what your doing because my favorite part of a new game is first playing it and not knowing what to do first with all the new units and map. Good luck ;)

Shadylasse just stop defending your mod ;)

If people dont want to wait and are just complaining let them. Im jelous cause I wanted to strive for your type of mod where everything was changed like ERS berlin and RTS mod but dyson wasnt up for that so we met in the middle. We have a completely custom map 5 or 6 six will be default em4 buildings but the rest are all new. I wish i had the patience you and your team have but I just dont. I know probably as soon as your mod is done people will probably throw the manhattan mod in the bucket and go for yours (I hope not we worked hard) but you deserve support for what your doing because my favorite part of a new game is first playing it and not knowing what to do first with all the new units and map. Good luck ;)

You're right. I have no reason to defend our mod whatsoever, it's up to the individual people to show their interest in the mod if they feel like it.

About throwing the Manhattan Mod in the bucket, I don't think so. We direct towards different players. You keep yours more game-a-like while we are pretty much parallel to a simulator (in a positive manor, simulators can get very boring if not made properly).

You're right. I have no reason to defend our mod whatsoever, it's up to the individual people to show their interest in the mod if they feel like it.

About throwing the Manhattan Mod in the bucket, I don't think so. We direct towards different players. You keep yours more game-a-like while we are pretty much parallel to a simulator (in a positive manor, simulators can get very boring if not made properly).

Agreed and I do have the up most respect for your mod ;) don't think I was at all slating haha

Just noticed this topic...I gotta say, WOW, it's been 3 YEARS already?!?! Last time I checked it was only 1 1/2! Well good luck, and I'm very glad to hear that we still have progress! I kinda forgot about it, then looked at the topic again, realizing all the amazing features that were gone; but appearantly they weren't! So uh...I'm relieved.

Just noticed this topic...I gotta say, WOW, it's been 3 YEARS already?!?! Last time I checked it was only 1 1/2! Well good luck, and I'm very glad to hear that we still have progress! I kinda forgot about it, then looked at the topic again, realizing all the amazing features that were gone; but appearantly they weren't! So uh...I'm relieved.

Officially, yes. On this concept, no.

The current New York Modification has been half a year in progress. The 2 and a half other years went doing other concepts, but these are thrown away and we're now working fully on our final concept, the one that for sure will be used.

We're working pretty much daily on the mod, but we work in our freetime. Therefore it gets annoying with people stating that the mod is a hoax and likely. It really does put my personal emotions away and fill me with anger that we are creating such a big mod, in our freetime, even wanting to release it and show images, and then replies like "This mod is hoax" and "This mod is never gonna come out, 3 years?? wow!!!". That makes us annoyed, and due to the major amounts of nonconstructive critics, we just felt it would be better to work quietly, and we do so now. We still intend to release the mod though, and as stated earlier on this topic, open a new topic once we feel for it, or once it's released.

People seem to be annoyed that it takes 3 years, oh well. People saying that 3 years is way too much for a mod. I just laugh at those who say this. These people stating such a thing have no, absolutely no idea what this project is about, and what this project is. We work by changing the entire game, except the graphics engine, and that, ladies and gentlemen, takes time. Besides that, the concept has been changed over the years, and we are now working on the final concept that will be the release. At the start, 3 years ago, this was estimated to be yet another new car mod, with no new maps or likely, but now, 3 years after, we're working on the concept that will be mindblowing.

I can say this since I am a regular Em4 fan, who wants some good mods to play. I have always been that, and I always will be, no matter how many mods, or which mods I would be participating in. And trust me, I have the exact same sight on the things that any other fan has, and I can already state now: from what I know, this will be worth waiting for, no matter how long it takes.

We put a lot of sweat, tears, and laughs into creating this. We are having a great time working closely together as a team with a little bit of everything good. And once you get the bests from every part of modding, you get an ultimative result.

We're having our fun creating this mod, we're working together, and we're all good friends. Everyone does his part, and when his part is done, he goes to help with the other parts as well. Everyone knows what to do, when to do it, and why to do it. We're having loads of fun doing it, because we all in all love it. And once our fun is done, and the mod is ready to release...

..yours start

Most of people who say that sort of thing don't really care what you guys say, they just want a mod, and they have no patience to wait. I, like probably some other people, probably think that 3 years is defiantly a good amount of time to develop, and any time shorter, means cutting back on certain things.

Anyway, this mod was the main reason I found this forum, and I will keep looking, at least until release, and I know that I will be so amazed at this, I will love the DEV team for everything they will have done for this mod.

Oh, I probably got off topic... :D

snapback.pngShadylasse, on 29 September 2011 - 01:23 PM, said:

We're working pretty much daily on the mod, but we work in our freetime. Therefore it gets annoying with people stating that the mod is a hoax and likely. It really does put my personal emotions away and fill me with anger that we are creating such a big mod, in our freetime, even wanting to release it and show images, and then replies like "This mod is hoax" and "This mod is never gonna come out, 3 years?? wow!!!". That makes us annoyed, and due to the major amounts of nonconstructive critics, we just felt it would be better to work quietly, and we do so now. We still intend to release the mod though, and as stated earlier on this topic, open a new topic once we feel for it, or once it's released.

People seem to be annoyed that it takes 3 years, oh well. People saying that 3 years is way too much for a mod. I just laugh at those who say this. These people stating such a thing have no, absolutely no idea what this project is about, and what this project is. We work by changing the entire game, except the graphics engine, and that, ladies and gentlemen, takes time. Besides that, the concept has been changed over the years, and we are now working on the final concept that will be the release. At the start, 3 years ago, this was estimated to be yet another new car mod, with no new maps or likely, but now, 3 years after, we're working on the concept that will be mindblowing.

I can say this since I am a regular Em4 fan, who wants some good mods to play. I have always been that, and I always will be, no matter how many mods, or which mods I would be participating in. And trust me, I have the exact same sight on the things that any other fan has, and I can already state now: from what I know, this will be worth waiting for, no matter how long it takes.

We put a lot of sweat, tears, and laughs into creating this. We are having a great time working closely together as a team with a little bit of everything good. And once you get the bests from every part of modding, you get an ultimative result.

We're having our fun creating this mod, we're working together, and we're all good friends. Everyone does his part, and when his part is done, he goes to help with the other parts as well. Everyone knows what to do, when to do it, and why to do it. We're having loads of fun doing it, because we all in all love it. And once our fun is done, and the mod is ready to release...

..yours start

Most of people who say that sort of thing don't really care what you guys say, they just want a mod, and they have no patience to wait. I, like probably some other people, probably think that 3 years is defiantly a good amount of time to develop, and any time shorter, means cutting back on certain things.

Anyway, this mod was the main reason I found this forum, and I will keep looking, at least until release, and I know that I will be so amazed at this, I will love the DEV team for everything they will have done for this mod.

Oh, I probably got off topic... :D

can you tell me one thing?

How much work remains to be mod (estimated)