heyjoojoo

I've finally removed the desired lightbar from a vehicle in Zmodeler... now what...

I finally deleted the car (polygons) from the arjent lightbar that I want to add onto another car in Zmodeler. Now that I have done that, can I export the arjent light so that I can add it as a child to a new car in the Editor?

Yes, you should be able to. Also you said "I finally deleted the car...". It shouldn't take that long.

Lol. Yeah, I had to put Zmodeler in polygon mode and delete the individual polygons one at a time. But it sounds like you know another way - was there an easier way? Do share.

Theres an easier way for everything. :) For deleting the polygons you could have gone:

-select

-quad

Then went into a side view in polygon mode (#3), right click and dragged selecting the body of the car.

Press spacebar enabling selected objects, then press delete, the selected polygons will be deleted.

Lol. Yeah, I had to put Zmodeler in polygon mode and delete the individual polygons one at a time. But it sounds like you know another way - was there an easier way? Do share.

Yeah, like what erfd said. I've done that before and deleted the car one polygon at a time so that I was left with then antenna.machkaputt.gif

That was a few years ago now.

Use vertice mode all you have to do is grab the vertices of the part, very few attatch lightbars so it's usually alot faster to just wipe out the verts instead of tryin to grab polys, no verts=no poly corners so every poly connected to said vertice is deleted.

Theres an easier way for everything. :) For deleting the polygons you could have gone:

-select

-quad

Then went into a side view in polygon mode (#3), right click and dragged selecting the body of the car.

Press spacebar enabling selected objects, then press delete, the selected polygons will be deleted.

'Your response will indeed help so many others as it's helped me. Thanks!

Had to rescale the lightbar because it was a little too small for the crown vic. But for some reason it's not showing up as rescaled in the Editor. Not sure if the rescaling is getting lost somewhere or if I missed a step after I rescaled it. I've been saving the file and exporting it successfully even after I do the rescale.

It's as a child? If so, you need to make sure that the model exported to the right place. They're notorious for not doing that unless you're sure of what you're at. If not a child, then you didn't export it right

I've been exporting the updated lightbar to the 'lightbar folder' which is where all of my lightbars have been going.