Sawdbuster

Spawning Vehicles

How do you create these spawning points for the fire trucks? I would like to make a station but without these points would have to send them back to HQ. As long as I can get the truck to spawn, I can put the men outside and put the in the truck when the mission starts.

post-16958-0-66278800-1303051222_thumb.j

post-16958-0-75878700-1303051229_thumb.j

I dont get this, maybe a stupid question but how can i let work a station+volunteer script? with the cars are already inside the station u can once select them to respond, does someone know how i can download and edit it so it works fine?

The la mod or my NY mod have examples of how to setup stations, however you have to edit the size of the virtual objects, the scripts must be heavilly changed, and if you want the people to come off-map that'll take more scripting to create that effect, there probrably isnt an existing script that does exactly what you want to.

I got 'Spawns' by pressing F9, but I still don't get how you place the blue box and pick which truck to put there,

A Pop-up listing the Virtual Objects will appear on your editor, within that list is all existing virtual objects, you have to find the one that you wish to manipulate within it... When you select the correct one little white boxes will appear on the blue box... These points allow you to manipulate the box's shape..... Left mouse button one of them and you can drag it to whatever size you need..

The picking of a vehicle to go within it must be done through the script it's self that uses the Virtual Object, find the VO name in the script and then change out which vehicle currently goes there with the one that you want to send there.... Not the easiest task but the only way to do this.

Alright I got the spawn book and did some fooling around with I and I can't seem to get the Blue box where the fire trucks will show up in the station, I redid FS2 in la mod and I want to put a Large RA and Battalion Cheif SUV behind, so how do I do that???

Guest nbrown8568

I learned by looking at other peoples work. mostly LA Mod. just open the editor and see what the vo's look like, how they are placed and what they are for. scripting is a whole other thing. i knew about some C++ from high school.

When I open the editor and click on the mod I want to open how do I view that mod's map?

Hi I am trying to change vehicles in the v1.9 SG sub mod. I would like to change the three dodge charges to crown vic's. I tried to remove the dodge files and added three crown vic's files past /copy DDS, V3o and units file. The only thing I could not figure out was the script file for commands. The result was I had three crown vic's but all of them were the same color and they would not go to Police station, were the doge charges were any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.