Project - US Army & USCG Submod

Be honest with me here...  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Is this another useless mod?

• Yes
    • No
    • Could not care less

Hey people...

(First of all, any types of typoFAILS is an result of bad teaching in norwegian schools xD )

Started the other day to play with some files, and the EM4 Editor. Ended up with an USCG base..

That was just great when I played with it in an endless game. So I expanded it :P Now I have created a base that fills 40% of the docks in the freeplay map. Perfect for US-Army fans to play with.

Now I started thinking, maybe I should start a team to make another submod for LA Mod .

So here is what I need.

Vehicle team - develop and create

I can provide with what I can, some scripting and 3D models. The team need to put all this together and make a Unit of them.

Person team - develop and create

this team just need to duplicate previous units and retexture them, simple task

I can take care of the scripting my self... I will also make missions tailored for the US army and USCG.

PM me if you are interested..

However this is what kind of units I had in mind:

Vehicle:

Different types of Humwee's

I would love to have all sorts of military Humwees, but I can't.. However I will settle with a few different types.. Just so as the people can choose a little from different variations.

See pic of some 3D models?

US Army Jeep

For the US Army Captain

US Army M113 Personell Carrier

Armored Personell Transporter

See pic of 3D model?

US Army Abrams or US Army Stryker (most likely the stryker)

To handle threats

See pic of 3D model?

US Army Buffalo

Bomb Squad

Chinook Chopper

for the "Quick Extraction Team" also this unit needs to have the same abiltys as the USCG chopper (engineer team) to extract people without landing

See pic of 3D model?

US Army Command Vehicle

Same as the FBI command Vehicle. The ability to expand, buy units on scene and heal.(I could use some help with the scripting here.

See pic of 3d model?

Tactical Firefighter Vehicle

You must know what that does :P

See pic of 3D model?

US Army Oshkosh

Like the rollback, can take vehicles/wrecks away.

See pic of 3D model?

US Army MMPV EOD

Engineers Vehicle

US Army Stryker Medevac Unit

For those who need armored medevacs

US Army ASV

Used by MP's to do tasks as Riots and other related tasks

Blackhawk

I will use Hoppah's version from the LA mod

Humwee Ambulance

I will use one of the Submood's version. One task less to build.. Just need the approval :P

Blackwater Units

Everybody knows what Blackwater does overseas :P

See pics of the 3D Models?

Persons:

US Army Soldier, Medic, Sniper and General

I will use the Personell from the LA MOD, and if I get permission I will use the medic and general from soulbody's I mark production Submood.

Chopper Crew and extraction soldier

designed for the Chinook

US Army Captain

Just to have a commander in the field (can't send a general in his parade uni to the field :P need the ability to carry some sort of weapon)

US Army Engineer

Does whatever the engineer does :P

US Army Military Police Soldier

Soldiers doing jobs that a normal Police Officer is supposed to do

(you got any ideas for a vehicle(s) or/and unit(s) PM me ;)

UPDATES

I'm also working on to make this a Stand Alone Mod!

You can follow the progress here:

US Army MOD

This mod will contain missions! And just the army units! And a freeplaymap based on overseas mid-western conflict area.

Release date unknown!

Added some more 3 Models - See the attatchments or the list over units.

Made another alteration to the LA Mod Freeplay map.

See pictures?

After hours trying my skills on reskinning last night, ready to give up I started to try again today.. with luck.. took me 2 more hours today.. But here is the result... Just remember this, this is my first ever attempt on reskinning a modell... And here is the result.. A Military Police Vehicle (2 units to be more precise).. Works allmost exelent in the game. Only problem is that on the white model, the door opens the wrong way.. inside the vehicle. :P

RELEASES!

freeplay map with armybase

Here is the map with the armybase shown in the uploaded pictures.. Released 28.03.2011

Download it and try it.

AND PLEASE LET ME KNOW how it works ;) Send a PM?

Pictures:

I uploaded some pictures, if you see them, keep in mind that some pictures will be used as "decoration". Non playable elements.

SO IF YOU ARE INTERESTED JOINING! Send me a PM NOW!

I done some 3D models ready, but I SUCK at the general development... So I desperatly need a development team:P

Edited by chrisblaalid

I would suggest using a Stryker instead of an Abrams for riot control. We wouldn't mobilize an armored column for just a riot.

Also I believe the Mastiff is a British Army unit. We use what's called an MRAP. even then...we wouldn't deploy those stateside for a riot

Vehicles:

Armored Truck

For the Bomb squad, maybe an Mastiff 2

Like swatlord said, a lot of the big armoured trucks don't see use stateside, it's only overseas,

Generals Limmo

Generals usually ride in either staff cars, their own cars, humvees, or occassionally, armoured diplomatic limos/towncars

Tank

M1A2 Abramsfor the "Riot Control" team

Riot Control? Who are you, MikeyPI? Unleashing a tank on a local riot team would end badly...

US Army Command Vehicle

Same as the FBI command Vehicle. The ability to expand, buy units on scene and heal.(I could use some help with the scripting here.

Command vehicles aren't really like the FBI command centre, they usually use armoured trucks of sorts for communications and command

Persons:

US Officer

Just to have a commander in the field (can't send a general in his parade uni to the field :P need the ability to carry some sort of weapon)

Maybe a Captain or Major? Nothing higher though... I'm assuming they'd work like a battalion chief

Navy Seal

A new version of the diver? (faster swimmer, faster walker and can carry an MP5/draw a gun when on land? Able to apprehend suspects)

The only way that'd work is if you made a person work like a swat officer, then switch person types when they want to dive, otherwise, you're gonna have someone who will walk slow, it's game hardcoded, you don't get a say. So unless you're doing a person type switch script, it'll be an impossible task

US Soldier with SCBA gear?

A soldier that can put out fires and such...

Soldiers in the US Military that are firefighters wear the same standard NFPA gear as every other department, otherwise they'd cook. Putting SCBA on their ACU will not stop them from cooking...

Vehicles:

Armored Truck

Like swatlord said, a lot of the big armoured trucks don't see use stateside, it's only overseas,

Generals Limmo

Generals usually ride in either staff cars, their own cars, humvees, or occassionally, armoured diplomatic limos/towncars

Tank

Riot Control? Who are you, MikeyPI? Unleashing a tank on a local riot team would end badly...

US Army Command Vehicle

Command vehicles aren't really like the FBI command centre, they usually use armoured trucks of sorts for communications and command

Persons:

US Officer

Maybe a Captain or Major? Nothing higher though... I'm assuming they'd work like a battalion chief

Navy Seal

A new version of the diver? (faster swimmer, faster walker and can carry an MP5/draw a gun when on land? Able to apprehend suspects)

The only way that'd work is if you made a person work like a swat officer, then switch person types when they want to dive, otherwise, you're gonna have someone who will walk slow, it's game hardcoded, you don't get a say. So unless you're doing a person type switch script, it'll be an impossible task

Soldiers in the US Military that are firefighters wear the same standard NFPA gear as every other department, otherwise they'd cook. Putting SCBA on their ACU will not stop them from cooking...

I...I can tell you've been in or near the army long enough to know these things NK haha. I like the sound of this mod so keep trying :).

To reiterate what newfoundking is saying, a lot of those proposed units don't make much sense. MRAPS for EOD aren't used in the US. US Army EOD units in the US that provide a domestic service use marked equipment like normal police bomb squads. In fact this rule applies for most Army functions within the US. If we're providing an emergency service within the US we'll normally use the civilian equivalence. Military Police in the US drive impala police cars with normal police duty belts/equipment, Army firefighters use civilian fire turnout gear and regular fire trucks, EMS drive normal civilian ambulances and most of the EMS on military bases are civilian employees.

You won't see a lot of US Army hardware being used domestically because the deployment of federal troops to carry out law enforcement functions is illegal for the most part due to posse comitatus. There are some exceptions like the National Guard (state, not federal soldiers), declared state of a emergency, and certain Military Police operations but you certainly won't see an Abrams column deployed in response to a protest or a platoon of infantry conducting walking patrols of a town.

Because we wouldn't deploy a tank for a riot there either. In cases like riots or civil disturbances we mostly leave that to the local authorities. Furthermore a 'riot' over where US combat forces are deployed is going to be less like a crowd throwing molotov cocktails and more like armed insurgents taking pop shots at soldiers from windows. X3

Since the military wouldn't deploy an armored unit for a stateside riot, how about changing the map to a Mid-Eastern map and using the units you suggested?

Maybe I will make a Mission based on desert combat :P Iraq is a good target for that?

Because we wouldn't deploy a tank for a riot there either. In cases like riots or civil disturbances we mostly leave that to the local authorities. Furthermore a 'riot' over where US combat forces are deployed is going to be less like a crowd throwing molotov cocktails and more like armed insurgents taking pop shots at soldiers from windows. X3

The point of this mod is to let the army take control of the city, let them do all the work... Let the local authorities take a day of ;)

hey can u release the map first? pleeease?

Why? :P Do you want it? xD

Maybe I will later tonight, depends... I need to remove some of my own vehicles from the map before i release it... And I do belive I need permission from Hoppah since this is his map... I need to ask him just in case :P

Vehicles:

Armored Truck

All the units I proposed was just a last minute call.. As soon as the team is ready, the planning will get more detailed and we will release the plan for the units and so on

Generals Limmo

I decided to let them use the unmarked patrolcar in LA Mod.. Easy

Tank

Most likely I will use the M113 for this instead

US Army Command Vehicle

I'll see what I can do :P

Persons:

US Officer

Maybe we will go for a Captain

Navy Seal

And I did not have enough work to do? :P

regular firefighters then? Just a different name? :P US Army Firefighter... Nah just sounds stupid :P

To reiterate what newfoundking is saying, a lot of those proposed units don't make much sense. MRAPS for EOD aren't used in the US. US Army EOD units in the US that provide a domestic service use marked equipment like normal police bomb squads. In fact this rule applies for most Army functions within the US. If we're providing an emergency service within the US we'll normally use the civilian equivalence. Military Police in the US drive impala police cars with normal police duty belts/equipment, Army firefighters use civilian fire turnout gear and regular fire trucks, EMS drive normal civilian ambulances and most of the EMS on military bases are civilian employees.

You won't see a lot of US Army hardware being used domestically because the deployment of federal troops to carry out law enforcement functions is illegal for the most part due to posse comitatus. There are some exceptions like the National Guard (state, not federal soldiers), declared state of a emergency, and certain Military Police operations but you certainly won't see an Abrams column deployed in response to a protest or a platoon of infantry conducting walking patrols of a town.

And this is just a game? Or did I miss something..

Not to argue on what you said, couse I dont disagree on that. But my oppinion is that this is just a game, everything is possible.. :P

Instead of the Abrams, how about simply reskinning the SWAT heavy rescue to be desert camo(if you follow my earlier suggestion) and calling it something else?

That is the plan though... But the thing is that I suck at reskinning... So I need my reskinning team..

Thats an excellent idea.... I hope u the best to make this to not a happy ending, so to an OUT OF ALL LIMITS one.....

Hope see this mod on the "streets" as soon as possible.

As soon as I get the vehicle and the persons done, there's no stopping me. :P

But good people are hard to find!

Instead of the Abrams, how about simply reskinning the SWAT heavy rescue to be desert camo(if you follow my earlier suggestion) and calling it something else?

Or you could use something like the ASV.

Hatch%20web.jpg

The ASV is used primarily by Military Police. Also it's actually one of the vehicles used by MPs in CCMRF, which is the US Army's domestic CBRN task force. If any vehicle would make sense for this mod it would be the ASV.

Or you could use something like the ASV.

Hatch%20web.jpg

The ASV is used primarily by Military Police. Also it's actually one of the vehicles used by MPs in CCMRF, which is the US Army's domestic CBRN task force. If any vehicle would make sense for this mod it would be the ASV.

I say thank you for that usefull information... And I will be adding it to the tasklist over Units that need to be made.

I salute you ;)

UPDATE 29.03.2011

Since I have no skills in texturing, I requested a team for this... But no one wanted to help out.. :P

SO, Ive spent at least 4 hours on reading, testing and failing...

This is the result, finaly something I am proud of!

Final result is yet to come!