Newfoundking

How to unlock XML files

This is a simple process that is very easy to do. Aside from Emergency 2012, you also need a copy of Emergency 4 with the editor.

First, take the desired XML files, and change their filetype to v3o.

Second, open the emergency 4 editor, and under modifications, choose unpack file

Thirdly, select the files that from step one

Fourth, Exit and change the file types back to XML. They are now unlocked ;)

Simple process that many users may now use to unlock them!

So ive managed to unpack and repack xml files and it worked :)

but i tried to put a doctor inside the ambulance in freeplay and it worked like a charm.

BUT, as soon as the doctor leaves the ambulance, he will not reenter.

any tips?

have looked around in different xml files without luck

Edited by kimdaniel

You've checked both the doctor's and ambulance's files?

yes, ive edited Ambulance unit.xml.

looked at doctor .xml. no clue there.

also edited Vehicle.xml. copied crew info from the copter over to the RTW.

still no luck.

not sure where i can edit a thing like that? maybe it has to be editet in the editor?

Thats because they changed the game, i guess there won't be a way to re-addition him unless they give us that way

The class RTW is not made to carry a doctor anymore, and that's probably why he won't enter again

there is a way if we get the editor. then we can change the vehicle type to Itensive care. that should let the doctor in.

im guessing:)

there is a way if we get the editor. then we can change the vehicle type to Itensive care. that should let the doctor in.

im guessing:)

If you have modded for Emergency 4 you know that creating new classes was never possible so since the class RTW was changed by Quadriga and was setup to not carry an Emergency-doctor you will not be able to edit that and the Intensive care change might be a very good idea!

Guest budsatawny

OK so just HOW do you change the xml file to v3o?? I've googled it and no answer. Using Win7 Ultimate 64 bit if that helps. Tried renaming file and no go.Sorry, My fault, had file extensions hidden in folder options

Guest MichalVyšinský

Hi, can i this way edit language files too? I want to translate this superb game into Czech but if i open lang file (e.g. Data/Lang/uk/mainmenu.xml) in WordPad or notepad, i see only this:

Ó?7 $? ,???x??=ýO[I’ýóI÷?8?F“9e2;??žÝî??0!??†,?I?€ ž ?°‰N÷÷Üyw]U]???ž~ý2»B `?×???ý??÷??nfiîÍ?ÜšOöç?›6?düW{ö?‰?1Só'?avÍ–95#36}?o×?o??»fß~߶??wý??<Á?÷?OS?ýÁ>???ë­5°?0C\?'»¬5??ÜáŠ???¬´cí~¶íZ{ö?

Thanks for reply.

Guest MichalVyšinský

OK so just HOW do you change the xml file to v3o?? I've googled it and no answer. Using Win7 Ultimate 64 bit if that helps. Tried renaming file and no go.Sorry, My fault, had file extensions hidden in folder options

I think you can edit file extensions in Total/Windows Commander - only click on file and edit name from file.xml --> file.v3o