Grim_Wizard

Can someone *Xplorer* reccomend me a good nuke?

Obviesly what Hunter said will delete all viruses but if you don't want to do that...

If you want a free option i recommend you Avast Free or Avira Antivir

If you want to buy an antivirus , Kaspersky is very good. Gdata is the best but slows down your PC.

If you want you can use an internet scan like Trend Micro Housecall that deletes your viruses .

Hope this helps!

Obviesly what Hunter said will delete all viruses but if you don't want to do that...

If you want a free option i recommend you Avast Free or Avira Antivir

If you want to buy an antivirus , Kaspersky is very good. Gdata is the best but slows down your PC.

If you want you can use an internet scan like Trend Micro Housecall that deletes your viruses .

Hope this helps!

I am using avast! and I have it set to "Pirate" as a language. (True rofling) And no Hunter, my sister has been expecting a bundle of joy, I've just been hanging around her house. And reformating isn't something I want to do, I want something like in the olden days of computers where you could delete random parts of a document and have it never function. AGAIN. :P Shite what was it called... bombing? Nuking? Something like that.

Problem is, I can write a simple virus, that will never be detected, it's about 5 bytes, and I can make your computer useless... Best thing is, the only way to get rid of it is if you know exactly what to look for.

Another thing a lot of people get mixed up is slowness being because of viruses... You're supposed to reformat your computer periodically. I bought a hundred dollar half TB external USB hard drive about a year ago (same one is $50 now) and I backed up everything I'd need on it, formated my computer, reinstalled everything, and now it works peachy. No problems whatsoever, everything I need is saved, the computer flies and it's best kind.

Use of it builds up a reg file, extra unused files and just a lot of stuff you don't need to keep. Basically the best way to clean your drains is to flat out clean them completely, not try to pinpoint the issues. If yuou have a spyware scanner and antivirus, and it's not picking up something, either someone used a dos code to screw you over, or you just need to clear your computer. And considering the chances, I'm gonna go with the latter.

Spybot search and demand is a good nuke, used it before to remove virus's.

Spybot was great in its day. I pretty much view Malwarebytes as the new Spybot.

Anyways to Gerard, first off the best protection you can get is Nod32 and Comodo Firewall. Nod32 costs like $30 or $40 for a year, and is a bit cheaper then that crapware Norton I believe. Avast and AVG are good free anti-virus but no match for Nod32. Malwarebytes is a great back up system. Now will they remove the virus, maybe, maybe not. In most cases yes, so try them first. Specifically Malwarebytes as theres a free version. Now assuming your still stumped, aside from a reformat the next option is F-Secure Rescue CD. This is written in linux and can run right off a CD with no need to install. Simply plug in an Ethernet cable(the update wont work over wireless in my experience) and then scan. It can take some time so it may be good to run while you sleep.