Xplorer4x4

Adding third Fire Station

Hi I would like to add units (not new created ones) in the LA map.And I'm going to try including a third FS.I've made virtual points for them and give them names.It's my very first time with scripting and using the editor.Could someone tell me please what scripts I've to change or is there any tutorial?I will search myself too.

It is theoretically possible to add more stations, the only problem is that the LA mod script it's self needs to be "leaned" down, it is a bit more complicated than it really should be unfortunately... Because of this depending on what all else a mod has going on, along with the comp specs playing with it, chances are the script it's self will be prone to failure as it was originally written because of how EM4 handles the script mechanism.... It might work but there is alotta script that is not totally required, perhaps try a third station without having dual doors? it might work easier than the double door setup the LA mod came with where the things are front/back.

In reference to what MikeyPi said it is really hard to modify the station scripts. I cheated in a way becuase I cut the scripts up inside a single script. It doesnt own the streets but it will turn a head or two. The three fire stations work indepentantly, the only draw back is you have to have sperate v3o's for each station if you want multiple engines. Doesnt really effect me because I use diferent skins for each station. It works like a champ, i have not had a glitch on the stations yet. i had to modify the start, station and tostation scripts. Took me a while to figure it out but once you understand the scripts and how they work you could set up as many stations as you want.

The problem most people that mod this game forget, including myself is that diff people = diff comp specs, so while DPS can handle more load, some may not so when you over complicate a script it can fail for them but not for you because of the CPU/GPU load your comp can take vs theirs...... Thats the only pain in modding this game is that to meet a median load you have to watch what you ask of it... In reality with a "clean" loading script you can probrably get away with 4 stations in the original game framework, but would require scripting to fix such an issue..

The problem most people that mod this game forget, including myself is that diff people = diff comp specs, so while DPS can handle more load, some may not so when you over complicate a script it can fail for them but not for you because of the CPU/GPU load your comp can take vs theirs...... Thats the only pain in modding this game is that to meet a median load you have to watch what you ask of it... In reality with a "clean" loading script you can probrably get away with 4 stations in the original game framework, but would require scripting to fix such an issue..

me i have a gaming rig so i could care less how bad it lags but my laptop on the other hand it was on sale i paid 200 on it and after the warranty and crap it was 700 i have issues playing minecraft let alone 911FR

EDIT:and cant we make a new script from the lamod raise/lower garage door script just change it up a bit

Edited by griffy

you can do whatever you want as long as you pay the respect to Hoppah. I dont know where to start but im sure its possible.

i havent scripted a day in my life ive tried but continuously fail all i need to know is how to put in the garage doors and the add them to the script

If i were to attempt to mod it I'd probrably have the core station script do one thing, IE add a dummy or something of the like, have a secondary script that responded to if the door proto had the dummy open to run open animation and things like that..... The more you ask of a single script in freeplay the higher the odds it will subsequently fail.

If i were to attempt to mod it I'd probrably have the core station script do one thing, IE add a dummy or something of the like, have a secondary script that responded to if the door proto had the dummy open to run open animation and things like that..... The more you ask of a single script in freeplay the higher the odds it will subsequently fail.

good point i think im just gonna wait for the release of texas's OMO submod but im still gonna sit here and tinker and reinstall til i figure it out or his submod is released

My 3rd sta @ Coastal Resort Mod is still fenced in till I get help. :holdglass:

Yes it has five bays for 5 peaces of equipment.

Hazmat

Engine 17

Water Tender

Ambo 1

Ambo 2

Both Ambulance's are LAX Ambo's.

Brush Truck sits outside.

Bridge Video

Coastal Resort Mod

post-2116-0-92360300-1307650434_thumb.jp

post-2116-0-70371200-1307650454_thumb.jp

post-2116-0-47453500-1307650472_thumb.jp

Hey yall, I'm also trying to make a third station, but first off i am trying to add in the vehicle spawns and people spawns, then i will deal with the doors and such. I already have all the models setup. Here is a link to pictures and such: http://forum.emergency-planet.com/index.php?/topic/15222-making-vehicle-spawns/ thanks if you can help!

is there a working submod for a third station or can someone tell me how to get a third station

There is no submod presently of LA Submod with a third working fire station available for download. Couple other people were working on it as well, but unsure if they had plans of releasing it.

the New York submod (Manhattan mod) is working on having a third station in game but it is having problems with it.

Yes, Manhattan Mod has several fire stations in it. I believe all fire stations in New York back their fire trucks into station (no rear gate) so all NY mods will have this feature so it's realistic. So technically, I'm not sure if this qualifies as fixing the third fire station gate problem until someone who knows more about it confirms it.

I believe that they may have got it all figured out. I am not sure tho.

Not sure if you mean Manhattan or the members in this topic. From what I read, it's figured out over 3/4 but not completely 100% ready.

How is this going guys got any updates for this?

I'm interested as well. If there is no updates, it's going to be a project I will start on from what they were discussing on how to do it. As I said above, Manhattan Modders could of figured this out but I'm waiting for a confirmation on it.

Okay first your on the wrong topic... if you go over to the New York Mod (Manhattan) mod you will have found out that they have more than just three fire stations.

Not a wrong topic btw. Were talking about third fire stations and mods who could have figured it out such as Manhattan Mod. Yes, they have three fire stations, but as I said, waiting for confirmation if it's solved. More to what I said earlier, I believe Xplorer was having problems with the gate opening and closing when returning to station. In Manhattan Mod, they do not return to station with the back gates opening and closing. They stay closed and act as a object. You can't see them in gameplay but you see the gates in the editor.... If you have knowledge of the scripting and how the VO work, etc. this should make sense unless I'm wrong (which I could be lol). But we at least have two confirmed members who have this functional so can't wait to see it in a video or better in a downloadable map!

if you ask, i am happy to show. I have been working on something a little different and old school. the three stations work, mostly. when the freeplay starts all 11 front gates open, spawn vehicles and staff vehicles. i am having a little problem with the tofs script but i have only really been hitting it hard maybe 5 days. it took about 3 days to get most of the problems and the fs and fs start scripts right. i had thought about breaking the fs return script into 3 seperate scripts but i was trying to be stuperman and make them all one. still toying with that idea.

for all you non believers (there always is) i left the map open for the screen shots.

FS1

http://www.flickr.co...oys/5357700392/

FS2

http://www.flickr.co...oys/5357086543/

FS3

http://www.flickr.co...oys/5357704038/

(Xplorer hit me up and ill shoot you the files to check them out)

thats awsome is there a way to just add station 3? and if u still have this stuff and it works maybe u can help me install it so i can use it.