Xplorer4x4

Adding third Fire Station

Ive dug out my old files and attempted to get somewhere. atm i am at the stage where the rear doors dont open, but when the unti gets inside using the front door and parks, the rear doors open.

In the Lafiresation.script, i am unsure if lines 98 and 99 are meant to be like that, if u could double check them that would be good!

in that quick look thats all i saw, ill ocntinue and have a longer look and compare to mine.

Ive havent added in the battalion cheif for Firestation 3 which is ChildID == 9 in ur code, is that what u mean?

I have been looking thro yours, i dont know where to look tbh. Ive been concentration on LAToFireStation as the problem is returning to the station, but no luck! Ill keep looking!

*EDIT* Sitrep, when i send a unit back to Station 1 or 2, the front doors(if open) close and the rears dont. For station 3, when sent back, nothing, the units then go and park via the open front door and thats it.

I see your point, and in that case you might be right on that. From what I can see your latofirestation might be right but I would check line 788 where it says:

DUMMY_GATES, Caller, 9

And verify it refer to the right child id in lafirestation.

Other then that, no idea. I think we will have to wait on Hoppah unless ShaneGreen finds a fix.

Xplorer,

A couple of months ago I was changing around the LA Mod for a personal mod and was able to get a third station functioning properly. In the interest of assisting more experienced modders then myself, If you want to PM me your email address, I'd be happy to send you what I had for reference.

i have a working third station. i just need to fine tune the returnto script. i have mine integrated with the firestation and firestation start scripts. i can call units into all 3 stations, in the begining they all rais the front doors and sound alarm to man units, they also have a working show/hide roof as well as units returning to station get out and go inside. just needs some fine tunes.

if you ask, i am happy to show. I have been working on something a little different and old school. the three stations work, mostly. when the freeplay starts all 11 front gates open, spawn vehicles and staff vehicles. i am having a little problem with the tofs script but i have only really been hitting it hard maybe 5 days. it took about 3 days to get most of the problems and the fs and fs start scripts right. i had thought about breaking the fs return script into 3 seperate scripts but i was trying to be stuperman and make them all one. still toying with that idea.

for all you non believers (there always is) i left the map open for the screen shots.

FS1

http://www.flickr.com/photos/daddyto2boys/5357700392/

FS2

http://www.flickr.com/photos/daddyto2boys/5357086543/

FS3

http://www.flickr.com/photos/daddyto2boys/5357704038/

(Xplorer hit me up and ill shoot you the files to check them out)

you just need to install the mod without the new map, and when you update it make sure you dont check the update for the new map.

ok thank you. I will try that now. Do you know if I will still be able to play my xplorer4x4 with ysb submod with this new map?? And would I be able to make a back up of my current copy and when the new changes made just paste it back in and it work?

rather nicely mater of fact. i like how it runs. i have made a lot of changes to a lot of scripts that i have to work with. you will see the result hopefully here in a few weeks with my OMO first release. and after that hopefully i can get two more smaller stations (im trying to learn zmod) and then I can have 4.