Grim_Wizard

Can't open model files right

Well my initial thought was soemthing along the lines of gaps in the model, but if its the stock em4 models/skins, not sure. Post screens, and you might ask a mod to move this modding as its not a technical issue its a modding issue, so you might get more help there as not to many people visit the tech help forum on a regular basis.

Simplest way... Copy Alpha layer to a new file, REMOVE the alpha from the file you intend to modify, then put it back when done, the alpha layer is being enabled visible when you don't want to or care to see it. I don't know your paint apps but mine the alpha must be enabled for me to see it, by default it is not visible.

I thought that too, but messing with RBG channels didn't fix it, however, opening it up with a dds converter did. I think that there's a screw up when you open the people with Paint.net only.

When you save it in Paint.Net play around with the file format options. There are some that don't work properly in-game but I think they are further towards the bottom of the list.