Dyson

Manhattan Modification General Topic

Yeah seeing how you're advertising everywhere with no actual point would get you a lot of members.

Not tryna flame you or anything... but seeing this type of attitude come up twice in a row is really unnecessary. Last I saw you weren't part of anything, to each to their own business... I'm going to ask you politely to leave this thread without a sound.

Ladies? Please. It is my both and I don't fancy an argument, neither of you post if you're just gonna bitch, I'm not even sure what the issue is, not really following your point dude, but either way, 'got nothing nice to say, then don't say anything'

x

just got a building on fire then next thing I know a quarter of the map was on fire

I have the same problem.. Love the mod, I have been one of the lucky ones who has been able to play from day one, but as soon as I get a building fire, I stop playing because by the time the first engine arrives, everything around it has caught fire including all the cars and then there is a massive traffic jam, no other assistance can get through.. Does anyone have any hints or tips on how to play these scenarios? Cheers

I have the same problem.. Love the mod, I have been one of the lucky ones who has been able to play from day one, but as soon as I get a building fire, I stop playing because by the time the first engine arrives, everything around it has caught fire including all the cars and then there is a massive traffic jam, no other assistance can get through.. Does anyone have any hints or tips on how to play these scenarios? Cheers

not all building fire spread quickly maybe change speed to 3? but will cause more jams

Version 2 begins this weekend. There will be no public info until release or close to. Beta testers already decided and team is already established.

The gang is back, we aint taking no BS this time though.

But yeah thought you'd like to know, thanks to anyone who's stuck by us, any info will follow.

x

Version 2 begins this weekend. There will be no public info until release or close to. Beta testers already decided and team is already established.

The gang is back, we aint taking no BS this time though.

But yeah thought you'd like to know, thanks to anyone who's stuck by us, any info will follow.

x

Great knew you would come back and push against the haters :)

Alright guys here's the round up of Version 2 of the Manhattan Mod.

In this version we're aiming to both, be as realistic as possible, but also trying to make this mod easier to play on lower PCs, we can't promise anything besides try our best.

The map will now be shifted up town, this will see a reduction in traffic, less complicated routes to fires etc, but most importantly a change in Firehouses.

We've decided to drop all the firehouses from the previous version, that we enjoyed playing as so much, especially in MP, and replace them with brand new firehouses.

E22 L13 B10 - (Currently available in 1.0.0 but will be able to return to their quarters in this)

E44 - (Completely new to the Mod)

More FD units to come, including new rigs for old units.

All your favourite engines/ladders etc from the previous versions will still be available, but they'll be called from off map.

We're also looking into having fully functioning acting Engine/Ladder systems, this would see Engine 7 etc being able to cover Engine 22 whilst it was out on a call.

Also we're looking at perhaps a new precinct, Precinct #9.

That's all for now folks, we're not taking requests on this project but any ideas floated around will be read and taken into consideration.

Version 2.0.0 begins....

x

Subway, unlikely, hospital, nope there wont be. It's based on uptown, as if you are taking control of the units that cover that area, EMS will be called in and sent off map to hospital.

Oh ok ummmm so there wont be like WTC and Time square etc

Nope, no landmarks, we've had the map with all the landmarks etc, time for something new.

x

OK good luck looking forward to it just as much as the first version.

Just to show the quality we're hoping to work to, here's one screenshot of the new map.

Streets will be far more detailed with more back alleys as you would expect etc.

More room, the map itself is less congested, the map feels more spaced out, more room to breathe rather than one landmark to the next.

HQ map texture, the method in which I create the texture has been improved.

Integration of far more Em4 buildings, this should lower the strain on PCs.

em42012062614575417.jpg

Any thoughts/comments/questions, be sure to ask.

x