Dyson

Manhattan Modification General Topic

Good to hear! :)

The whole FDNY is starting to take place now, I have completed the beta testing with few bugs, enough to release anyway, so here's the question...

Wait for a classy FDNY ? But delay release by about a week anda half.

Or release ASAP regardless of the new engines (which would mean the engines would be patched in about a month or two :) )

This is a community project so it's your call guys I'll poll it ;)

I'm glad me and greg have settled our dispute and are now back on to work.

The whole FDNY is starting to take place now, I have completed the beta testing with few bugs, enough to release anyway, so here's the question...

Wait for a classy FDNY ? But delay release by about a week anda half.

Or release ASAP regardless of the new engines (which would mean the engines would be patched in about a month or two :) )

This is a community project so it's your call guys I'll poll it ;)

I'm glad me and greg have settled our dispute and are now back on to work.

Suffering from amnesia? How is this a community project? Are you talking about the same community that whined about release dates, and updates every three seconds. Then complained about the release date, and started playing back seat moderator. The same one the constantly requires mods to babysit them to prevent them from spamming pointless information, or fighting overs who's right and who's not? Sure the community might have submitted the ideas but YOU and YOUR team did the work. We Most of us waited patiently until you reached a proper release date, and after some childish fighting from the community the mod was placed back on track. This mod is a presentation of the New York Sub Mod team, why sell yourself short. If you think it needs a few final touches take that week, or week and a half to make it right. I can GUARANTEE YOU people well complain regardless of what you do. So, you delay it, people complain blah blah. Once it's released with all the shiny new engines everyone will go "oh ah", *drool*, and be happy.

Compared to the flip side of people playing it for a week or so being content, and then back on the bandwagon of when are you going to release the other units. I've watched them do it to other mods. Think about the past LA Mod versions 1.8, 1.9, 2.0. I can remember countless people "asking when will it be released", and complaining about this and that. You don't see it on the forums because they were probably banned, and their post deleted, but it did happen. No different then now.I know I haven't "sugar coated" this in the best way, but I'm telling you that ya'll should wait and delay it until your good and ready to release it. It's all about your expectations, it's your work, and do yourself proud by adding that shiny new engine. A week or two isn't long.

I'll have to agree with the mob's gonna say on the release now, lol, the complete fdny remodel's gonna take probably a week on it's own. BUT, with the new FDNY, we could probably jump it up to a full scale mod, lol. So I'd say lets release a final part of the submod, and make this a full scale mod, that way people are happy for a while, and it gives us the ability to work on the mod without as many anxious people with nothing to do XD

BTW, UPDATE : New Marauder II will be in the works shortly, for those who like new Seagraves ;)

I'll have to agree with the mob's gonna say on the release now, lol, the complete fdny remodel's gonna take probably a week on it's own. BUT, with the new FDNY, we could probably jump it up to a full scale mod, lol. So I'd say lets release a final part of the submod, and make this a full scale mod, that way people are happy for a while, and it gives us the ability to work on the mod without as many anxious people with nothing to do XD

BTW, UPDATE : New Marauder II will be in the works shortly, for those who like new Seagraves ;)

C.F.D is right.

Besides the community is ignorant, I don't want to be mean but it's true. Half of the people (aside from the staff) actually know what goes into making a mod. The other half just assume it's click and play, or copy and paste. The community will always say release the mod, then when they see what they really got they'll complain because it's missing something. Even if you told them, people don't pay attention. And as far as anxious people go .. so? Make them wait some more, they've waited this long and nothings happened to them let them wait some more. That's a good thing = more people wanting to play the mod when it's released. Besides why put all that effort into a mod and then release it when you know it's not 100% done. I'd hold off for that short period of time and make it right. People don't like it oh well, everyone might complain now but in the end people are happy with the end result it's proven time and time again.

C.F.D is right.

Besides the community is ignorant, I don't want to be mean but it's true. Half of the people (aside from the staff) actually know what goes into making a mod. The other half just assume it's click and play, or copy and paste. The community will always say release the mod, then when they see what they really got they'll complain because it's missing something. Even if you told them, people don't pay attention. And as far as anxious people go .. so? Make them wait some more, they've waited this long and nothings happened to them let them wait some more. That's a good thing = more people wanting to play the mod when it's released. Besides why put all that effort into a mod and then release it when you know it's not 100% done. I'd hold off for that short period of time and make it right. People don't like it oh well, everyone might complain now but in the end people are happy with the end result it's proven time and time again.

Hmm all good points, well heres what I intend, LAcity....(greg) I am going to use all of your models in this submod (as they are based off the LA units still) and we will take this up to v2.9/3 keeping it going,

Then in the meanwhile I intend to use some of b2bombers models will be combined with some other models in the work to start our own stand alone NY mod, opinions on a name? I appreciate we will be in direct competition with the NY mod, but I think we've come so far as a team so we deserve to be. Don't worry greg I still need your help with the full mod too :).

So.. thats where we're at, sorry for the delays the whole early release is still under consideration so keep interested thanks for your continued support and don't forget to check out our website nysubmod.webs.com

Dyson

x

I agree its your mod dyson I think don't release till you and your team think its ready they will cry about it no matter what iv waited patiantly for it along time and I can do it againg

Don't release. Till you and your team think its ready love what you guy do keep it. Up

Hmm all good points, well heres what I intend, LAcity....(greg) I am going to use all of your models in this submod (as they are based off the LA units still) and we will take this up to v2.9/3 keeping it going,

Then in the meanwhile I intend to use some of b2bombers models will be combined with some other models in the work to start our own stand alone NY mod, opinions on a name? I appreciate we will be in direct competition with the NY mod, but I think we've come so far as a team so we deserve to be. Don't worry greg I still need your help with the full mod too :).

So.. thats where we're at, sorry for the delays the whole early release is still under consideration so keep interested thanks for your continued support and don't forget to check out our website nysubmod.webs.com

Dyson

x

New York is no different then LA. You cant capture the essence of either city from one or two view points. You are right on the competition but it should be fun competition. They'll make things that people like, and you'll make things people like. Either way, and I said it before. This mod (or whatever your gonna eventually call it) WILL be in the top 3 or 5 most played.

I agree with ILtrooper83, you and your whole team have put a lot into this and you should release it when its to your satisfaction. Everyone can just wait until its ready.

Alright guys it will be delayed a few weeks then, and the work on the separate mod will begin shortly after release and the submod wil remain to be patched as the mod will take quite a while :D

edit: I hope so! :D it's my first mod so I can't believe what its become police.gif

every one has made their points and put up very good reasons for what they have said. i will agree with those who said wait to release it. i havent been on this website very long but i would have to say that this is the topic i have followed the longest. very impressed with all the work that has been done. and i appreciate the time and effort your team has given to make this mod what it is. so my hat is off to all of you who participated in this. as for all of the rest of us that have patiently waited and have not asked for release dates. kudos. that shows respect and consideration to the mod team and gives encouragement when you cheer them on.

haha I doubt it but thanks :) and thanks for the support to all the people who don't post but do follow the forum :D

First off let me say again how great of a job you and yoyr team are doing, I can agree and disagree with the choice to wait. I alpha and beta test software as a job and I can say the test release to a small group is good because it give you a chance to find alot of the major bugs that people will complain about. However a general release will let you see what the people really want of the mod. I'll be the first to admit that yeah they will still complain but some of the comnplaint's can be usueful when it come to patching and updating, it give you a chance to really fine tune things to the user's liking. I will end with this either way it's your mod and I'm sure it will be great. Keep up the good work.

Dyson

x

The engine is now new except the few seats in the cab, because I hate remodeling those. I was up till 2:30 a.m trying to model it, and it's probably gonna take another 12 hours. Some rigs will be using the L.A, but, there's 2 seagraves I'm gonna do from scratch, so until you see or know what I've done since last night, don't go saying that their not mine ;) I think you guys are gonna be impressed with this new development ;) Marauder II and other seagrave that i don't know the name of are going from scratch, so your gonna need to map it. Well.... your gonna need to map all of them, because there is no similarity between these and L.A. in any way, shape or form. lol.

It's going to take longer than a week for the units btw. I'm looking at 2 weeks at least to finish both engines and the truck. I just needed to see the scaling on hoppah's so I could get it as accurate as possible.

The engine is now new except the few seats in the cab, because I hate remodeling those. I was up till 2:30 a.m trying to model it, and it's probably gonna take another 12 hours. Some rigs will be using the L.A, but, there's 2 seagraves I'm gonna do from scratch, so until you see or know what I've done since last night, don't go saying that their not mine ;) I think you guys are gonna be impressed with this new development ;) Marauder II and other seagrave that i don't know the name of are going from scratch, so your gonna need to map it. Well.... your gonna need to map all of them, because there is no similarity between these and L.A. in any way, shape or form. lol.

It's going to take longer than a week for the units btw. I'm looking at 2 weeks at least to finish both engines and the truck. I just needed to see the scaling on hoppah's so I could get it as accurate as possible.

We've just mapped the skin to it, will have it in game soon I'll post some WIP screens :D