soulbody

911 First Responders | Android game

911 First Responders

Welcome to project 911 First Responders for android, here you can find all the news about the project and follow the status.

What is android:

Android is open source platform for smarthphones, tablets and (there are plans for) desktops. Developers can easily make applications using the android SDK and share them using the android Market.

using different API's make it available to make your apps compatable with different screen sizes and hardware.

The game:

The game will be focussed on resolving emergency situations and the time you resolved that. For default the application will be english but might later also be multi-language.

There are 3 kinds of gameplay you can choose for, you can choose for:

-Tutorial

-Missions

-Freeplay

Tutorial

The Tutorial will have two kinds of Tutorail, the first kind will be the explanation of how to controls of the game are and how to resolve everything as quick as possible.

The second kind will be the Academy's your mission is to lead your units through so simulation missions as a hostage or a car accident etc, to safely test how it works and train your skills.

Missions

Missions will be more advance then tutorail and will get there own storyline from a car accident to a forest fire to a protect the vip etc. you mission is always the same resolve the situations by:

-Moving victims to hospital

-Arrest possible suspects and criminals

-Extinguish all fires

-Move the car wrecks to the base.

When everything have being done succesfully you will be awarded with some points collected by several aspects.

Freeplay

Playing freeplay will be the same as in 911 First Responders/Emergency 4 for desktops. you have to hold the situations under control in your city/state.

In freeplay you also get rewarded with points but you also can see the highscore of your own games and maybe your friends who also tried it on your phone.

Country?

The 911 First Responders game will be based on units from Los Angeles by default, later it will also contains different Country's/States etc. Buying the paid version will provide you the ability using mods for other units, commands and maps.

Reward Points

Reward points can be used for upgrades and unlockers. During the game you collect Reward Points for the situations you have completed succesfully.

Those points can be used to buy off/unlock vehicles and units as Canadiar (fire plane), MCU (mass cusaulty unit/mobile hospital), prison van and more.

Also you can use them to upgrade your stations. so you can buy a helicopter landings platform or more parking space for units.

FAQ

How about the copyright for the paid version?

The paid version isn't for sure and won't being working till we get permission of Ralph Stock. More information can't be provided

Why a free and paid version?

For making a android app i need to invest to make it come true, this can be compensated by a paid version. the paid version will contain more features and 3D vision (3D world, you don't need those 3D stupid glasses it's only the view). free version instead will be usable for always and is just a ''demo'' version not a trail for a few days. advertisement won't be used (cause the copyright)

When will it be ready?

For now i can't tell you anything about release dates just follow this topic the see when it will be ready.

Will you provide screenshots before release?

As soon as it is possible i will release screenshot, only in-game screens will be provided

Will it be made for iOS and other mobile device systems?

I can't tell you that for now Android will be done first and when it's ready other devices will be looked at if it's possible.

Either then it won't be for sure, android is my ''big focus'' cause it is the fasted growing mobile system.

Which android version do you need to play it.

In the first case the game will be made for API level 7 (Android 2.1, eClair), then will be watched for API Level 6 (android 2.0, Donut) and API Level 8 (Android 2.2, Froyo)

Devoloping Team

Project Leader

Models

- Soulbody

Maps

- Soulbody

Design

- Soulbody

Controls

- soulbody

Commands

- soulbody

List will be updated at the end of august/begin septembre with more users.

Status

Free Version

Index 85%

menu 10%

Vehicles 0%

Undergrounds/maps 0%

Controls/gameplay 0%

Commands 0%

API's 0%

Paid version

Index 0%

menu 0%

Vehicles 0%

- USA - Los Angeles 0%

- USA - New York 0%

- Dutch 0%

- German 0%

Undergrounds/maps 0%

Controls/Gameplay 0%

Commands 0%

3D look 0%

Mods ability 0%

Language Section 0%

API's 0%

Notice that everything is under reservation and nothing of the showed features is for sure.

I thought that he said he was gonna use a different name. ;)

no i will use 911 First Responders as name to make it hit more downloads... but that will be the first thoughts, all official release data's included name release and etc will be published when it is almost ready and bug fixes will be busy. under reservation the name will be 911 First Responders, this might change.

The game just got his index for now, nothing works for now. we now trying to add links, a menu and settings part.

Ok. Don't you have to go through all this legal stuff? :mug:

most times company's just let go cause it is a kind of free advertising for them, people search on google on find that game, instead of the android version.

also will it contains advertising for emergency / 911 first responders in the credits, menu/settings etc. but as i not sure till release is there.

most times company's just let go cause it is a kind of free advertising for them, people search on google on find that game, instead of the android version.

also will it contains advertising for emergency / 911 first responders in the credits, menu/settings etc. but as i not sure till release is there.

I don't exactly know where you got that idea from. If a multi-billion dollar DVD production company would sue a single-mother with 2 children what would stop the game developers from suing you for copyright infringement? You ALWAYS need to go through the right channels and obtain the necessary information and rights for use of a copyrighted and trademarked name.

That's like saying well I'll create a game console and call it Playstation, though Sony wouldn't mind because it's free advertising for them.

Souldbody, I suggest you check the Android Market TOS or whatever they call it. By naming your app this they might not even allow you to release it, so why not save your self the trouble of reprogramming things at a latter date and change the name.

What Xplorer4x4 said is correct - There are certain terms within the agreement on the marketplace that prevent you from releasing an application like this without the necessary documentation, moreso when using an existing software's name.

We are on topic here, Souldbody. Besides asking permission alone is not enough. You have to have permission when releasing it or face legal trouble. You may not be worried about it, but theres no way around it. They can screw your for the rest of your life. You could be 80 years old still making payments for copyright infringement.

We are on topic here, Souldbody. Besides asking permission alone is not enough. You have to have permission when releasing it or face legal trouble. You may not be worried about it, but theres no way around it. They can screw your for the rest of your life. You could be 80 years old still making payments for copyright infringement.

i know what im doing don't be worried. btw what i meaned with ''1046276160_schildbacktotopic.gif'' was, get on another topic then copyright/legal shitsorrysign.gif

No offense but if you had the slightest clue what you were doing you wouldnt even consider using the name. No disrespect intended but I see your stuck in your way. If you get this released then you find your self in legal trouble, then just remember we told you so. Im done with trying to convince you otherwise.

No offense but if you had the slightest clue what you were doing you wouldnt even consider using the name. No disrespect intended but I see your stuck in your way. If you get this released then you find your self in legal trouble, then just remember we told you so. Im done with trying to convince you otherwise.

i said i know what im doing and will take contact. no offence but just one more reaction about legal stuff and sh*t and i will use the report fuction. without permission there wont be any release or a rename/rebuild1046276160_schildbacktotopic.gifbe already glad there will be a look a like game for android.

i said i know what im doing and will take contact. no offence but just one more reaction about legal stuff and sh*t and i will use the report fuction. without permission there wont be any release or a rename/rebuild1046276160_schildbacktotopic.gif

Did you even bother to read what I just said? I was done but since you want to make threats, not to mention it is totally on topic,so it is not breaking nay rules....why even put your self in the position to face copyright violation? Why not change the name from that start since there is a 99.9% chance you will not get to release this using the names 911:FR?

be already glad there will be a look a like game for android.

There is, its called GameBoid GBA(Gameboy Advance Emulator), and Emergency DS. [/humor] Seriously though, not being negative but just looking at this objectivity, It seems your motivated to release a game with a copyrighted name no matter what, and you dont even know if you can actually develop for android or not. I mean you dont know java, and granted it may be similar to other languages, but that does not mean you can jump right in. You have to learn how to write code for that os. Not to mention keep hardware specs in mind because android phones come in a variety of designs ranging from low end cpu to high end cpus. Not to mention you have to worry about setting up permissions checks to acess the phone's network to see if the person gets a call in game, system permissions to make sure the phone doesn' sleep, can it use the internet, can it use gps, your location via cell networks etc. So best of luck but I am afraid you may have just bitten off more then you can chew all over again.

Did you even bother to read what I just said? I was done but since you want to make threats, not to mention it is totally on topic,so it is not breaking nay rules....why even put your self in the position to face copyright violation? Why not change the name from that start since there is a 99.9% chance you will not get to release this using the names 911:FR?

There is, its called GameBoid GBA(Gameboy Advance Emulator), and Emergency DS. [/humor] Seriously though, not being negative but just looking at this objectivity, It seems your motivated to release a game with a copyrighted name no matter what, and you dont even know if you can actually develop for android or not. I mean you dont know java, and granted it may be similar to other languages, but that does not mean you can jump right in. You have to learn how to write code for that os. Not to mention keep hardware specs in mind because android phones come in a variety of designs ranging from low end cpu to high end cpus. Not to mention you have to worry about setting up permissions checks to acess the phone's network to see if the person gets a call in game, system permissions to make sure the phone doesn' sleep, can it use the internet, can it use gps, your location via cell networks etc. So best of luck but I am afraid you may have just bitten off more then you can chew all over again.

did you even try out to play emergency DS on Gameboid, seriuosly Gameboid only emulate's Gameboy games and no DS games. emergency DS is as the name says a DS game.

about the programming thing. i have some friends who knows about java and help me with it. i will doing the lead, layout and resources not the code thing i will only look to it and assisting where needed.

did you even try out to play emergency DS on Gameboid, seriuosly Gameboid only emulate's Gameboy games and no DS games. emergency DS is as the name says a DS game.

about the programming thing. i have some friends who knows about java and help me with it. i will doing the lead, layout and resources not the code thing i will only look to it and assisting where needed.

You need to get the legal issues solved before you can continue with the production of this game. This is considered copyright infringement as it stands right now. You may be fined and/or prison for the use and solicitation and distribution of a copyrighted game. Consider changing the name or immediately solving the legal issues.

Hell yes, you can go to frikin jail. Fine is $10,000 minimum. Change the name or get it resolved right now. Otherwise [/report] you. That's not a threat either. Your doing something illegal right now, so it's more or less a fact. :)

You need to get the legal issues solved before you can continue with the production of this game. This is considered copyright infringement as it stands right now. You may be fined and/or prison for the use and solicitation and distribution of a copyrighted game. Consider changing the name or immediately solving the legal issues.

Hell yes, you can go to frikin jail. Fine is $10,000 minimum. Change the name or get it resolved right now. Otherwise [/report] you. That's not a threat either. Your doing something illegal right now, so it's more or less a fact. :)

since you're a senior member i will response nice to instead of blame myself out, there is just being a topic started about contact Ralph Stock, the leader of the hole emergency franches (or whatever you spell that) name change will be done if my request get rejected and report hasn't to be needed i now the rules here and there isnt anything published now so i don't break rules besides moderators now about this. please by nice in your next response and read about the 10 messages of xplorer4x4 before starting to blame. i know what im doing. i aint a 12 years old kid but a very well thinked 16 years person who developing about a year now and knows very much about publishment of copyrighted products so please stop it by now to screw out on me. report won't be used by me but i would like to hold the topic for questions and informatie not about copyright there are other topics and my pm for.1046276160_schildbacktotopic.gifwelcome.gif

Topic reopened...

but...

Upon reviewing this matter, we strongly believe that Soulbody should seriously consider contacting Atari's legal department (and not Ralph Stock or anyone else) before spending any time working on this project. The name "911 First Responders" is clearly copyrighted, which could pose obvious problems, but the game's concept and look & feel may also be copyrighted/patented to some extent.

There have been examples in the past of games, free or not (and even mods) that have caused legal complications to their creators due to infringing on other trademarks.

While prison and fines are very unlikely, as they're the final consequences of a criminal prosecution, civil legal troubles, starting with a cease-and-desist letter and possibly evolving into a civil trial, are more than likely.

With that in mind, this topic is reopened for now. However, if Stan and/or EMP's host were to receive a cease-and-desist letter from Atari's lawyers or any other legal entity regarding this matter, be aware that we will fully comply and that this topic will be removed without further notice, and no such topic will ever be allowed in the future.

Thank you for your comprehension.