salvadorc

US marines

hi i want to join to Marines and i have some questions if someone can help me.

1º-When i am at recruit where i gona live? i need to buy one house?

2º-It is verry important to speak verry well english? I understand verry well but speak...

3º-at the end of the recruit of course i gona live for USA what is the beat city/state to i live? i heard the Texas is a great place and alot os marines are from there! a friend mine have a uncle that is marine and live in texas.

ps:I am from portugal and that is the reason to make this questions.

I realy want to join to US marines since i have 9 years old.

thanks salvadorc

sorry if i have a bad english :sorrysign:

English fluently is a plus but not a requirement. While in basic you will live in the squad bay, you will find out what that is when you get there. And when you are done with basic, BCT or Infantry training you will be stationed at the needs of the Corps, not where you want to live. Most Marines are FROM Texas, not stationed there.

I assume you live in Portugal and have the Portuguese nationality? I did a quick search

http://www.marines.mil/usmc/Pages/faq.aspx#enlistment

I am not a U.S. citizen, but I want to join your Armed Forces. How may I do this?

Enlistment into any branch of the U.S. military, by citizens of countries other than the United States is limited to those foreign nationals who are legally residing in the United States and possess a Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services Alien Registration Card (INS Form I-151/551 - commonly known as a "Green Card").

The U.S. military branches cannot assist foreign nationals in obtaining admittance into the United States. People overseas with questions concerning immigration to the United States should ask the local U.S. Embassy. Only after immigration procedures are completed and an applicant is legally residing in the United States may an application for enlistment be accepted.

The U.S. government agency which is responsible for immigration and naturalization is the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services within the Department of Homeland Security.

So you are going to need legal permanent residence in the United States first. Good luck with that. :12:

I assume you live in Portugal and have the Portuguese nationality? I did a quick search

http://www.marines.mil/usmc/Pages/faq.aspx#enlistment

So you are going to need legal permanent residence in the United States first. Good luck with that. :12:

yes but if you compare the dificulty betwin get a legal permanet residence in usa and be a marine i gues is very easy to get a legal permanet residence. :12:

thanks hoppah

English fluently is a plus but not a requirement. While in basic you will live in the squad bay, you will find out what that is when you get there. And when you are done with basic, BCT or Infantry training you will be stationed at the needs of the Corps, not where you want to live. Most Marines are FROM Texas, not stationed there.

yes you are right, i am not.

I think you need American Citizenship as well, you do that for the FDNY so I guess it's the same at the marines.

Yes, because they're so similar, if you can get into one you can get into the other.

You have to be an American citizen to get ANY job in the US (or, if it's not that big a job, a working permit)

If u really want to know about the Marines, Msg me... It is not for everyone... But its a career for others, It can be the best or worst decision you make, It is REAL not a game, and requires MUCH!!!

If you can handle that so far - you MIGHT make it...

TROOPER

If u really want to know about the Marines, Msg me... It is not for everyone... But its a career for others, It can be the best or worst decision you make, It is REAL not a game, and requires MUCH!!!

If you can handle that so far - you MIGHT make it...

TROOPER

thanks trooper i have a great body and i am a good estudent I love the marines and i realy want to join to marines

my only big proglem is to get American Citizenship.

You already got a health inspection to see if you can actually join a branch of the armed forces? I knew people who got rejected from the army because of the most awkward reasons. You can be all fit and/or muscular, but one simple ailment might ruin it. Just take Voodoo_Operators advise and (try to) join the Portugese armed forces first before you do anything stupid. To me it sounds like you have no idea what you are up to. 'love' is no reason to me, what you need is dedication and knowing exactly what you are actually up to.

Yes, because they're so similar, if you can get into one you can get into the other.

You have to be an American citizen to get ANY job in the US (or, if it's not that big a job, a working permit)

WRONG, you do not have to be a US citizen to get any job in the US, you just need a green card and (fluent english) if you want to get a good one.

If U want to Join & don't have citizenship - you need a Green card & must speak & write fluent English, pass tests regarding such & then pass everything required of a U.S. citizen. I recruited for 2 months after MCT.

I wish you the best

Semper Fi

TROOPER