Xplorer4x4

LA Mod 4x4 w00ds Map v1 Submod Preview

are you going to push any release out? (not asking for a release date, time)

Sorry buddy, I think you have a working copy. Feel free to work on it as you like for personal use of course.

It's been a month, did he died?

Not dead, just moved on. I still love EM stuff, game wise and real life. I just got a Droid 2 Global after switching to Verizon, and been spending my time and my abilities on that. The android community is truly great when it comes to working together unlike this community. I worked my ass off to make this far above and beyond my original submod, but every time I contact people for models they were doing, I have been getting its almost done for months. We all have lives outside the forum but seriously, it doesnt take months to finish an almost done model. So I give up. Its been 8 months, maybe a little less since I touched the project and I couldnt tell you how long I have been waiting on just 2 models(I think) to be completed. Last time I spoke to Reece I asked to have the model so some one else could finish it, but he said "I am really busy but I should have it finished in a few days. Please just let me finish it" Just guessing, that was a month ago, maybe more. Kookas, well hell I have no idea where those models stand. I been patiently waiting for months, asking reece and kookas for updates only ever so often as to not bug the shit out of them just to have all of 2 models done, so I give up. I cant be asked to even try to attempt to get an update because I cant imagine there done.

I do give credit to Kookas for completing a model of the old Experimental B5 Ford truck. It was ready to go just needed lights. I never actually asked for this though. And helljumper for doing a model of Quint 9. I was planning to replace Caltrans/Engineer with the LA DPW for realism. 2 Seagrave Pumpers, and a newer style American La France tiller. A updated chevy suburban for the BC. Stations based on real life LAFD stations, one of which would be changed in the W00ds map v2. Traffic increased for realism. Many paths updated and fixed. Even added paths to less used roads.And much more but as I always said I wouldnt release a half ass project, and I wont.

Is this topic closed? Any new updates?

You replied didnt you? Its not locked. Last update was August 21st.

Now seeing as people just dont seem to understand let me make it very clear. I have disabled my PM box to avoid more retards PMing me and asking it is done and if they can have it. Even if by some miracle it was done, why would I send it to you people who PM me when it is clear not to pm me. That alone would mean I would not share it with you.

THE PROJECT IS DEAD! DO NOT BOTHER ASKING FOR IT TO BE RELEASED, DO NOT BOTHER TO PM ME. MODS PLEASE LOCK THE TOPIC.

Sorry buddy, I think you have a working copy. Feel free to work on it as you like for personal use of course.

Not dead, just moved on. I still love EM stuff, game wise and real life. I just got a Droid 2 Global after switching to Verizon, and been spending my time and my abilities on that. The android community is truly great when it comes to working together unlike this community. I worked my ass off to make this far above and beyond my original submod, but every time I contact people for models they were doing, I have been getting its almost done for months. We all have lives outside the forum but seriously, it doesnt take months to finish an almost done model. So I give up. Its been 8 months, maybe a little less since I touched the project and I couldnt tell you how long I have been waiting on just 2 models(I think) to be completed. Last time I spoke to Reece I asked to have the model so some one else could finish it, but he said "I am really busy but I should have it finished in a few days. Please just let me finish it" Just guessing, that was a month ago, maybe more. Kookas, well hell I have no idea where those models stand. I been patiently waiting for months, asking reece and kookas for updates only ever so often as to not bug the shit out of them just to have all of 2 models done, so I give up. I cant be asked to even try to attempt to get an update because I cant imagine there done.

I do give credit to Kookas for completing a model of the old Experimental B5 Ford truck. It was ready to go just needed lights. I never actually asked for this though. And helljumper for doing a model of Quint 9. I was planning to replace Caltrans/Engineer with the LA DPW for realism. 2 Seagrave Pumpers, and a newer style American La France tiller. A updated chevy suburban for the BC. Stations based on real life LAFD stations, one of which would be changed in the W00ds map v2. Traffic increased for realism. Many paths updated and fixed. Even added paths to less used roads.And much more but as I always said I wouldnt release a half ass project, and I wont.

Well, sorry this submod didn't work out and has to be dead. I was really anxious to see this submod after everything you have updated us on and now, it's just like one of those bummer moments. I wish I was a modeler and was able to do everything that you needed help with on this map. I'm busy in life to but I have a few hours on some nights to spare on a few things if needed.

Even though this project wasn't able to be completed, I still give ya a A+ for effort. Thanks for all the time and work you put into the submod and sure hope in the future, maybe just maybe, those models will show up and you'll be able to work on it again!

Well, sorry this submod didn't work out and has to be dead. I was really anxious to see this submod after everything you have updated us on and now, it's just like one of those bummer moments. I wish I was a modeler and was able to do everything that you needed help with on this map. I'm busy in life to but I have a few hours on some nights to spare on a few things if needed.

Even though this project wasn't able to be completed, I still give ya a A+ for effort. Thanks for all the time and work you put into the submod and sure hope in the future, maybe just maybe, those models will show up and you'll be able to work on it again!

This isn't a "bummer moment", maybe an epiphany for some, Xplorers comment should be placed on a plaque.

October 31st, 2008: Board Etiquette

That post from Mikey is two years old, yet his statement still holds true. A statement Xplorer has just sumed up in his own word. I'm surprised half the mods on this site ever get completed, with the retarded comments from the under aged children, and the topic humping trolls who "think" they know what their talking about. Projects that are started crumble under procrastination, and laziness. For those few that do survive, and not fall prey to real life your only met with an ungrateful community, full of people illiterate unable to read updates, or install anything on there own. True, there are diamonds in the rough, and the mods do their best to keep the unruly from snaring their ugly head. But inevitably, why waste your time when most people could care less, or begin to fathom how much time is placed into a mod.

Their ideas diluted with ignorance, copy & paste, you'll have a mod in no time. Those who expect complete dedication to your mod, no breaks, no rest. It sucks indeed, but I can see why Xploror choose his path. Fact be, I'm grateful, yet surprised that half the mods on this forum continue onward. For those who do show gratification it seems there are twice as many who don't.

PS: Personally, your work was great, far beyond that, what you achieved, and what you planned on accomplishing was incredible. I learned a lot from beta testing your mods, and would have learned more if having a son around that time didn't hamper me. You set the bar on most things, and your work will truly be missed. Good luck my friend, I can only hope I achieve the same level of modification that you have.