Xplorer4x4

LA Mod 4x4 w00ds Map v1 Submod Preview

you could always add it. like in SG's mod i reconfigured it to have the normal staffing plus the captain so i didnt miss out on much.

Eh, in my opinion, that's just another person you have to police up. Who knows, maybe you're on to something there. I still think maybe you should limit the commands so that, like Xplorer said, the BN Chief isn't arbitrary

You know I had thought about applying just that, have an engineer who runs to the pump panel when you hit rapid deploy and maybe have the captain just stand by the passenger side door, but for the game of game play, I am not sure how I feel about sacrificing 2 ffs much less one. Not to mention how others would feel about it.

I kinda like it the way that it is now. The reason being "realistic" doesn't really work in this mod. In my department, two guys would be on a hoseline, with an officer supervising. He may carry a tool and vent. If we have to make a long stretch, then he may act as a backup while the backup guy chases kinks. Most of the time a backup isn't needed. I like putting 4 hoselines on the fire, especially if I have an arsonist that the cops are having a hard time nabbing. Any officer worth a damned isn't standing by the rig while his guys are fighting fire. He may actually be the first one inside. Hey just a quick question from an east coast guy. What is an assessment engine? BLS?

Assessment Engine is just the opposite..well sorta. LA used to have ALS Engines like you see in the stock LA Mod. However, if memory serves me right, they just did not have as many guys completing paramedic certification so it was getting hard to staff ALS Engines with 2 medics. Budget may have been a factor to but I can't recall for sure. I imagine Billy will be along soon enough to correct me if either of those are wrong. With that said, the ALS Engines became Paramedic Assessment Engines, or Assessment Engines. The only change I am aware of, is instead of 2 Medics, it is just one medic.

Assessment Engine is just the opposite..well sorta. LA used to have ALS Engines like you see in the stock LA Mod. However, if memory serves me right, they just did not have as many guys completing paramedic certification so it was getting hard to staff ALS Engines with 2 medics. Budget may have been a factor to but I can't recall for sure. I imagine Billy will be along soon enough to correct me if either of those are wrong. With that said, the ALS Engines became Paramedic Assessment Engines, or Assessment Engines. The only change I am aware of, is instead of 2 Medics, it is just one medic.

Gotcha. Thanks.

For any one testing the release, Alpha 2 has been posted. You know where to find it. ;)

To everyone else, we are doing alhpa testing atm to experiment some things. We should be moving into beta testing some time latter this week or week end.

Great!

Technically an assessment engine is not considered an ALS unit in Los Angeles County. For a unit to be considered ALS, there has to be two paramedics assigned. Assessment engines don't carry as much paramedic gear (drugs, etc.) as a paramedic RA.

http://ems.dhs.lacounty.gov/policies/Ref400/416.pdf

I kinda like it the way that it is now. The reason being "realistic" doesn't really work in this mod. In my department, two guys would be on a hoseline, with an officer supervising. He may carry a tool and vent. If we have to make a long stretch, then he may act as a backup while the backup guy chases kinks. Most of the time a backup isn't needed. I like putting 4 hoselines on the fire, especially if I have an arsonist that the cops are having a hard time nabbing. Any officer worth a damned isn't standing by the rig while his guys are fighting fire. He may actually be the first one inside. Hey just a quick question from an east coast guy. What is an assessment engine? BLS?

That's what its like in my department for when ever we do get a fire (Which is like once every 6 months.) Also in my Dept. we have a ALS Primary engine AND a small Medical SUV, but my FD is 90% volunteer and 10% Paid guys, so if we get a call, we usually grab engine 201, our primary ALS Engine. We do have a BLS Engine though its more for training and public events.

I hope all goes well in the Alpha and the Beta. Been looking forward to this.

When this is released, will we need to install the w00d map before installing the submod, or will the map be included in the submod download?

As Tex said, the map will be included. All the files needed will be in an e4mod file just like the last one.

Are u gonna make us call in stretchers like first one?

What do you mean by this?

Xplorer, I've always thought it would be cool to change the model of the stretcher to one representative of the Ferno models that LAFD uses. I don't think it would be that hard. You would just change the model.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikesphotos_us/3534524456/

Are u gonna make us call in stretchers like first one?

I assume you mean you have to select both medics and get the stretcher out of the ambulance manually, then yes. Some people do not like this hence why I released the ambulance patch on the last submod.

What do you mean by this?

Xplorer, I've always thought it would be cool to change the model of the stretcher to one representative of the Ferno models that LAFD uses. I don't think it would be that hard. You would just change the model.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikesphotos_us/3534524456/

I dont see this happening. The stretcher is just so small I am not sure how noticeable of a difference it would make.

That is what I meant, personally I didn't like it, it was only thing I didn't like with the mod

Yeah that's the only thing i didn't really like,either, but it's still a great mod. would this be accessed like your LA Mod 2.0.9 4X4 mod like through the Modifications tab on EM4?

would this be accessed like your LA Mod 2.0.9 4X4 mod like through the Modifications tab on EM4?

Yes. that holds true for 99% of mods or submods.

As per the ambulance, again, theres really no point in discussing if you liked it or not in the last submod since I released the ambulance patch script which restores the ambulance to the standard staffing of a medic or EMT plus stretcher team.

Yes. that holds true for 99% of mods or submods.

As per the ambulance, again, theres really no point in discussing if you liked it or not in the last submod since I released the ambulance patch script which restores the ambulance to the standard staffing of a medic or EMT plus stretcher team.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

I assume you mean you have to select both medics and get the stretcher out of the ambulance manually, then yes. Some people do not like this hence why I released the ambulance patch on the last submod.

Then, I guess, my question is; will that ambulance patch work with this mod?

Then, I guess, my question is; will that ambulance patch work with this mod?

No but I will be making one for this submod, as well as maybe one or to alternate scripts.

As for the moment, no updates. Theres some hold ups in the modeling department. On top of that, I have some nagging injuries from an MVA about 6 months ago that are severely limiting the time I can spend on the PC.I also have some other issues surrounding the MVA I have to get taken care of ASAP but thats difficult to do at the moment. I wouldnt be looking for any updates for about 2-3 weeks. Nothing major at least.