jab16

NY Time Square Closed

*Sigh* Really? It's an infinite number. I have said this before and will say it again. You. CANNOT. Win. Against. Terrorism. Nor can it never be present; it will always exist. It is a problem of humanity. In fact, trying to destroy them is the exact opposite of what you should do; it's what they want. It's how they win. As long as anyone keeps victimizing them, them will win. All they want is attention. They're no real threat.

Anyway, good they caught him.

*Sigh* Really? It's an infinite number. I have said this before and will say it again. You. CANNOT. Win. Against. Terrorism. Nor can it never be present; it will always exist. It is a problem of humanity. In fact, trying to destroy them is the exact opposite of what you should do; it's what they want. It's how they win. As long as anyone keeps victimizing them, them will win. All they want is attention. They're no real threat.

Anyway, good they caught him.

That's a very simplified view on a very complex issue. I'll agree that terrorism is an ever present threat but you can't simply ignore it. Terrorism exists because of hate, hate and human emotion can't be eradicated. That's just the way humans are, we will always be unhappy with one another and hate each other because of ethnic and other differences. It's naive to think that by simply ignoring the issue it will disappear. I'd say that a majority of terrorists are not a major threat, but that minority, that small extremely radical group will do whatever they can to disrupt and destroy the lives of the people that they so deeply hate. We should still be vigilant, since the war on terror not one terrorist attack has happened in the United States. Sure, at the cost of fighting a war overseas but Americans need to realize that if they want to pullout and stay on the sidelines they risk another attack in their own backyard. Our military does what they do for a reason.

personaly i think it was a stunt just to test us, and the real attack will come in the future but thats me.

I dont know about that, perhaps its possible. None the less I dont think they will be using planes this time.

Who knows maybe this time around they can plan out the "facts" to make since. Weather or not you believe in conspiracy theories aside, there are some weird facts about 9/11. Like how some of these guys managed the maneuvers they did. Im not a pilot but, for example, in the pentagon attack, would it not have been far easier and destructive to nose dive in the building rather then guide a huge aircraft into the pentagon at such an angle that it never even makes contact with the ground? Or recovering a passport of one of the terrorists, and not to mention the media even reported that there were several smaller explosions that day around the base of the towers. I know people will probably get upset because I say these things, but dont look at it has a cover up, or a terrorist attack, and simply analyze some of these things.

Like how some of these guys managed the maneuvers they did. Im not a pilot but, for example, in the pentagon attack, would it not have been far easier and destructive to nose dive in the building rather then guide a huge aircraft into the pentagon at such an angle that it never even makes contact with the ground?

Ah, heard how some people have complained about those inconsistencies. The maneuvers they did, while very difficult in the 757s and 767s, are not impossible, and the hijackers were pretty good pilots (apparently).

Now we all need to get BTT lol.

*sighs can we please not do the conspiracy theory routine, i'm sure the governments of our respective nations have better things to do than to investigate us all..

The sad fact for all non-pilot people out there are the heavies actually flight more consistient than the "sporty" aircraft, as long as you keep it on a steady course it will follow it, the smaller more agile "sports" aircraft such as the acrobatic ones are more prone to doing things you don't intend than the larger aircraft are if you're a novice pilot with an unsteady hand. The tolerances on the controls of a larger aircraft are slower to respond so it actually makes it easier to fly one of them around than a more agile aircraft like the acrobatic planes.. It's a very distinctive difference between an appropriate landing where you are basically doing a controlled fall out of the sky on a "glide path" and using an aircraft as a cruise missile. At speed you still have appropriate control over all surfaces without the risk of stalling, so the thing will pretty much fly as you tell it to. My best guess is they came in on a low approach because they were worried about overshooting their intended impact point and flying into the ground BEYOND the pentagon... might not seem an easy task but at 500+mph I could understand it.

Onto topic:

The NYPD/NYFD and all other government first responders have addressed the situation as they should, thankfully the device involved was apparently pretty poorly designed so it never got a chance to really cause too much disruption. The could've would've should'ves are not my concern, hopefully there won't be a next time for such an incident but we all know in reality there probrably will be.=(