Grim_Wizard

LA mdo Task force action

I was playing the LA mod and there was a huge explosion/Fire at the port, so I set in a task force (Not a light force, this is a ladder, bls engine, and als engine) as soon as they arrived, the crews deployed and went to work, the ladder was deployed, and then the paramedics enter the building to search. Kinda cool. Anyone else with fun TASK force stories?

tastk fore is the most normal thing ever...

one question was you staffing right?

as i know in la they run

5 > truck

1 > engine

4 > engine( company)

but is this the right place for this topic? :gruebel: i don't know and i don't know where this place should be, too

but if you want a funny task force story of me :D

as soon as i can, i make a video ( maybe today )

A task force for me is:

-BLS Engine

-ALS Engine

-Light Force (Staffed with four firefighters)

-Ambulance (If I have a spare one available)

Got a call for a building on fire. ALS Engine was first on scene and parked out in the street, ladder went into the parking lot. One guy from the ladder got into the bucket and deployed. The other 3 from the ladder got on their SCBA and they went in for search and rescue. In the meantime, a BLS ambulance had arrived, it parked across the street, an two patrol cars came to block the road and traffic control. BLS Engine parks behind ALS Engine, all BLS engine guys stood outside as a FAST team. The ALS Engine guys along with the ladder began attack on the fire when the search and rescue turned out negative for any victims.

My TF is a Light Force, BC, and extra ALS/BLS Engine.

One time, a crate fire started at the port. Underestimated it again! Sent my TF, but the fire spread to the other crates and a building. The building that caught on fire was the one that releases toxic gas! :wall: Finally put out the fire and decontaminated everyone, but it took awhile. Had no deaths, thank goodness! :cool:

My task force includes...

1 ALS engine

1 BLS engine

1 Tower ladder

1 BLS

The nearest patrol car code 3 and another rolling code 2.

For a fire BLS arrives on scene and establishes a perimeter while ALS arrives, in ALS the two paramedics stand by or if it's a walkable house they enter and search, if anyone is inside they are taken to a safe location, the BLS ambulance comes in and stands by with the medic team out, and the two other firefighters from ALS hook up. The tower ladder comes out and starts to hit the fire and as PD rolls in they contain the place.

My task force is a Report of a Fire Assignment for my home dept. Columbus Fire.

3 Engine

2 Ladder / Truck

1/2 Rescues

1 Medic or the 2nd rescue if HES is closer

1 BC

if confirmed add E1, L1, M1, EMS1 and PD

Report comes in a as fire at the docks, I send the Fire Boat to the docks and find 1 crate fully involved, so I send a task force w/o the recues medics and 1 of the ladders. Its a crate so no need for search and resuce and I can geet by right? Wrong, dead wrong! Five minutes later I check on the fire, all crates are involved and the fire is spreading towards the barrels of HazMat. The hazmat barrels explode and the gas cloud spreads to involve the entire area. 3 water drops and 2 more fire boats later, we are closer to knocking the fire down. The little blue canaries, however, desided that even though they were told to block pedestrians, they for some reason went in to grab on of the infect and both became casulties. After all was said and done, 20 injured, no dead. 4 cop LODIs.

My TF is a Light Force, BC, and extra ALS/BLS Engine.

One time, a crate fire started at the port. Underestimated it again! Sent my TF, but the fire spread to the other crates and a building. The building that caught on fire was the one that releases toxic gas! :wall: Finally put out the fire and decontaminated everyone, but it took awhile. Had no deaths, thank goodness! :cool:

i had the same thing...arsoniststarted as fire over there...got PD on scene and collered him...had 2 ALS staffed engines on scene, there going to work... and BOOM...toxic gas relesed... had to call in 2 H.I.T trucks (hazardous incident teams)

Had my biggest call ever. Went down to eat dinner and didn't pause, smart right? A big fire starts in the center of town. Come back up, almost entire map was on fire. In the end here are the total units:

27 BLS engines

12 ALS engines

3 MCUs

42 Tow trucks

15 Tower Ladders/Tillers

3 LAX crash tenders

10 Foam tenders

2 Brush patrols

3 USAR trucks

5 medical choppers

4 fire boats

1 SWR truck to rescue some guys that got blown back into the lake

1 USCG chopper

3 HES trycks

That my friend is over kill.. .I've never had any call, no matter how unattended that has gone past 5th alarm. Regular alarms go as follows

1st, either engine and LEV or Light force

2nd another engine and LEV if not already on scene

3rd second light force (I keep the ladder and tiller on map) BC called in

4th Another engine

5th is USAR and foam tender

Of course I send additional medical resources as needed, but only if needed

PS... the fifth alarm was a similar incident.I got distracted by an accident outside, and when I came back there was two failed police events, a half dead heart attack civie and a 2 block fire, fully engulfed

I rely on a light force for any structure fire. Along with a BC. If needed the BC calls for a second light force, and occasionally I cal for a third LF, but most the time I end up sending it home unused because I get the fire under control sooner then expected.

i always dispatch pd for traffic, battalion cheif, 1-2 engines (depending on the size of fire) one tiller, the rescue squad, 1-2 Rescue Engines (ALS) depending on the size of fire and the closest companys ambo for manpower/victim transport, and if close i tack on the EMS superviser for fun