Newfoundking

Earthquakes

I liked to report each individual one, because first Haiti then Chile and I thought well one a month isn't that bad, but If you ask me, and you look, it almost seems as if they are working their way towards California... And the San Andreas Fault

(view this to hear about the newest one)

http://www.aolnews.com/nation/article/magnitude-72-quake-strikes-baja-california/19426040?icid=main|compaq-desktop|dl1|link1|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aolnews.com%2Fnation%2Farticle%2Fmagnitude-72-quake-strikes-baja-california%2F19426040

I have a prof last year talk about the SA fault and how they're long overdue for a quake and apparently it'll be a really bad one..

Anyone have thoughts? (And this isn't a 2012 end of the world topic)

I live in Southern Arizona and I noticed that the wind was perfectly calm yet my pool was very rough, there were waves in the pool yet my palm trees were perfectly still. I just thought, "Thats kind of creepy" then I went inside and noticed that my ceiling lights in my dining room that hang from the ceiling were rocking back and forth. About an hour later I checked the news and realized that what I saw was a result of those earthquakes hundreds of miles away. Crazy stuff.

They SA fault indeed is way overdue for it's ruble.

Several documentations are being shown about it in the Nat geo, and Discovery Chanel.

They know the fault will shake again, then question only is when.

And how bad will it be.

Due to the long overtime that is there, they suspect the force to build up.

And when it strikes it could go even off the Richter scale(10+).

But it could also be a minor one since in other plates that are linked to the SA fault there is more activity in the resent years.

But the SA lies close to the 50.000 miles long Deep Sea Fault(runs across the globe)(that is actually the place where new earth crust is being made).

So the change that it will hit in the SA fault is just big, and due to the time build up without a major release, they expect it to be big.

Don't tell me the SA fault is in the bay area, if it is, OMG I'm gonna DIE!

Lol!

Wel i have found a map with some big faults on it.

I have marked(red) the 50.000miles long Deep Sea Fault(as i understood it from the documentary)

So see where you are :rolleyes:

deepseafault.jpg

Notice that New Zealand is complete run over the Deep Sea Fault line.

Now that is a bummer when that hits :Oo:stumm:

i dont understand what the red lines mean in the image, is that the deepest plates or the plates that are more likey to cause an earthquake in the next 50 years??!

The red line is:

The Deep Sea Fault.

The biggest, Deepest fault line in the planet

i has a length of 50.000miles,and can lie as deep as 8 miles in some places, runs across the planet.

That Fault line is what makes the Teutonic plates move, (there are more fault lines, this image just shows the biggest once).

When ever the Deep Sea Fault line Expands(as it is there where the earth crust is being made)

It places pressure on the other Teutonic plates.

Pressure will cause 2 plates to ram into one an other causing an earthquake.

The strength of that quake depends on the force that the Deep Sea Fault moves/Expends

normally it expends and shrinks in the same fashion, just moving the plates around then.

But sometime(due to volcano or other quakes) the Deep Sea Fault moves very rapid building up an unbelievable power on a single plate.

Causing quakes, plates near the Deep Sea Fault have a bigger change of getting a big earth quake.

Smaller faults(like the SA fault)

lie close to the Deep Sea Fault, and there fore scientist have formula in what they can calculate where and when(give or take a few years/months) the next big earthquake should be.

and as been stated already San Fransisco bay is way over due for the next big hit

The red line is:

The Deep Sea Fault.

The biggest, Deepest fault line in the planet

i has a length of 50.000miles,and can lie as deep as 8 miles in some places, runs across the planet.

That Fault line is what makes the Teutonic plates move, (there are more fault lines, this image just shows the biggest once).

When ever the Deep Sea Fault line Expands(as it is there where the earth crust is being made)

It places pressure on the other Teutonic plates.

Pressure will cause 2 plates to ram into one an other causing an earthquake.

The strength of that quake depends on the force that the Deep Sea Fault moves/Expends

normally it expends and shrinks in the same fashion, just moving the plates around then.

But sometime(due to volcano or other quakes) the Deep Sea Fault moves very rapid building up an unbelievable power on a single plate.

Causing quakes, plates near the Deep Sea Fault have a bigger change of getting a big earth quake.

Smaller faults(like the SA fault)

lie close to the Deep Sea Fault, and there fore scientist have formula in what they can calculate where and when(give or take a few years/months) the next big earthquake should be.

and as been stated already San Fransisco bay is way over due for the next big hit

WAY OVERDUE, I can't survive, I'm gonna die, HELP ME!