24 members have voted

1. 1. What extensions should we allow?

• WinRar (.rar format)
    • Winzip (.zip format)
    • WinAce (.ace format)
    • Portable Document Format (.pdf)
    • Emergency 3 Mod Package (.e3m)
    • Emergency 4 Mod Package (.e4m)

I think .zip and EM3/EM4 mod files. These can be opened without having to download any other software. :)

zip seems to get more and more rar by the day. RAR also offers better compression then ZIP, meaning faster download, and also has more options.

WinZip can open .rar files ;)

For me e3mod and e4mod is no unless it is really voted high, compressed takes less space and uses less bandwidth

Thinking of it this way I agree, mod files shouldnt be allowed.

May be obvious, but the office-extensions (doc, xls, docx, xlsx) also have to be accepted I think.

Furthermore, good thinking to discuss this. On other forums, this often causes problems later on.

On Zip/Rar => :stupid2:

I never said .rar is bad. We only removed the .rar extension 2 years ago after much member not even knowing how to unpack a .rar file

Maybe people will have a better idea now of how to unpack a .rar file. You could just include a download link for winrar.

Also I regularly use winrar for .zip and .rar So I'll have either of them :)

I like Rar, the only time WinRar let me down was on an insanely huge file, unless you're talking Gigabytes in size, which if you are you really need to shrink your mod :1046275767_ugly: Winrar works=)

May be obvious, but the office-extensions (doc, xls, docx, xlsx) also have to be accepted I think.

Definitely not... they will have to zip or rar the files in that case.

Several reasons for my point:

- How often will someone upload one of those files? Like never

- Security? Is a security risk for me, even though not very high

- Confusing? yes it is... when I need to do management

Guest Francis

In my opinion, the best would be to allow .RAR and .ZIP files, as they are compressed and will end up taking less space. Of course PDF is a good idea to be kept there. :)

post-4232-126849916575_thumb.jpg

You can still use Winrar after the 40days trail.

you just have to push okey and your done :happy:

Lol I know what's the point of making it cost money if it's still usable and everyone will use it?

I also don't like how you can't download multiple files at the same time from the Download Center. :(