Cosreski

StandPipe

I can't believe that we don't have standpipes on buildings instead of fire Hydrants in front of buildings. Here I have Pix of where I put a set and a photo of a real one. Hope to see these in the future of LA Mod or any other USA Mods. :gut:

post-2116-126660260423_thumb.jpg

post-2116-126660286042_thumb.jpg

Guest pmadden94

Thats actually a really good idea...it would take a lot of work to do that for every building in the mod..but it should be possible. I'm going to play around with it a little..

Here's my idea;

Just move a normal hydrant inside the building so only the connection part sticks out..that would be the easiest way to do it..

Don't quote me on this...but I think the hydrant itself, like the hoses, are hard-coded....its likely i'm wrong..

Standpipes are used as a water distribution system within a building. The firefighters carry un-charged hoses to upper floors, connect to standpipe connections on those floors and charge their lines.

And yes, the water goes TO the building from a pumper.

-d

that wouldnt add any feature, the engine doesnt allow a max water limit, so you dont have to full up your engine, the engine cant get out of water even if you want to.

well i guess the only thing it would do is make it feel more realistic. because all four firemen jumping out and starting to pump water just doesn't happen.

in real life one gets the hose off the back and takes to to the hydrant, then the engine typically drives to the fire. Then the other firefighter gets out and starts to attack fire while the driver gets the pressure and the captain or officer (sitting in the right front seat) gives commands.

Simulating all this would take quite some work and I don't have the knowledge or patience to do it so I cant blame the way it set up now. :-) However I just think it would be cool if the engines could lay line for a pinch of extra realism.

Guest pmadden94

Now hold on a minute. Aren't standpipes used for supplying water to the building?

It sounds to me like what everybody is proposing here is just the oppisite.

Ooops. I thought it was just a fire hydrant mounted on the wall of a building...

Well then..this may not be as easy as I thought...

Guest Bards1

Standpipes are used as a water distribution system within a building. The firefighters carry un-charged hoses to upper floors, connect to standpipe connections on those floors and charge their lines.

And yes, the water goes TO the building from a pumper.

-d

Sorry but that wrong what your on about is a dry riser

and a stand pipe is what you screw to a hydrant on the floor and then connect a hose to the other end

Guest dionissimus

Just my opinion...

This can be implemented, but is so much work for such a relatively small change in gameplay. I think the best bet would be to wait for the next version of the game and see if something like that is in there already or can be easily added.

LIES! Some mods have a limited water supply, it's not impossible...

Yes it possible. However Hoppah has said he not going to do it. So for LA mod there is unlimited water supply.